Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#732815 - 05/15/07 10:06 PM TIS and Rate Disclosure
Oviedo Boy Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
If we open an account without receiving a deposit, our TIS does not show the rate/APY. In order to comply with Reg DD, should we then print off a current rate sheet for the customer to take with them showing all available rates at the different tiers? Or, do we wait until a deposit is made, then send them an updated TIS? I'd hate to have to rely on our frontline staff to remember to print off a separate document from their desktop in these circumstances. Thanks!

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#732974 - 05/16/07 01:22 PM Re: TIS and Rate Disclosure Oviedo Boy
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
What do you do if the deposit isn't made until weeks later and the rates have then changed? I thought most banks wouldn't open an account until the opening deposit is made.

Return to Top
#733179 - 05/16/07 03:07 PM Re: TIS and Rate Disclosure LoisLane
Oviedo Boy Offline
Platinum Poster
Tennessee
Well Lois, we probably shouldn't be doing it, but in certain circumstances, it does happen. Currently, we produce a deposit rate sheet and give to the customer (or send to customer) when they open the account that shows the rates as of that day. I have heard that other banks enter a minimal amount on the TIS so that it will disclose a rate and APY. Not sure if I am comfortable with that, either!

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett