Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#732789 - 05/15/07 09:40 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
It would be long to explain all in writing, but here's a short synopsis:

1. Lock is not dead. Ben wounded him on purpose. Ben knows Lock will be healed. If he wanted him dead he would have finished the job. He wants Lock to come back and then Ben will say "I knew you'd be back. You're special and I needed to prove it to you."

2. Jacob "freaked out" when Lock turned on the flashlight because he doesn't like any technology (Ben even said he doesn't like it). Why? Because Ben constrains Jacob with technology (such as the sonar fence).

3. Juliette is a liar. The tape was not lost by Ben (although he wants everyone to believe this - which I don't know why yet). It was planted. This is much like the con Juliette pulled on Kate when they were handcuffed in the woods. We found out later "if you're caught in the lie, then say ____" How convenient that you could flip over the tape and it was perfectly cued up to the part where Ben told Juliette they'd be coming. This is all a plan to make the Losties believe she is on their side. She's a liar, she's a liar, she's a liar. Did I tell you she's a liar?

Return to Top
#732795 - 05/15/07 09:43 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
I didn't get that last part, could you repeat it again?

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#732814 - 05/15/07 10:05 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: David Dickinson
Juliette is a liar.......She's a liar, she's a liar, she's a liar. Did I tell you she's a liar?

But David.....please, please tell us how you REALLY feel.

Return to Top
#732819 - 05/15/07 10:12 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
the writers sure have issues with the nuclear family; does anyone in this show have a loving mother and father?

Return to Top
#732825 - 05/15/07 10:37 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
There was an article on Yahoo that reported that the actor that plays Lock (Terry O'Quinn) has sold his Hawaii home. Could this be a sign that he will be leaving the show?

Return to Top
#733747 - 05/16/07 08:16 PM Re: Lost davidm
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Just bumping this up so it will be easier to find after tonight's episode.

Return to Top
#733759 - 05/16/07 08:26 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
haha great idea, david!

Return to Top
#733873 - 05/16/07 09:43 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
cant wait...gettin close to the season finale...should be good one tonight!

Return to Top
#733970 - 05/17/07 11:26 AM Re: Lost Bunky
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Charlie, Charlie, Charlie! Thanks for being the hero, but could you do it quietly?!?

Rose and Bernard! Good to see them.

Why not just cut or burn the cable on the beach (going to the below water station)?

Ben is ticked. Kill at all costs. Why is he so upset? He's normally calm and cool - even in a spooky way. After shooting Lock, he's ready to clash with the Losties.

I still think Juliette is a liar, but it's looking like she's trying to help the Losties. Don't be fooled. It's all an act.

Why doesn't Jack want Danielle to help shoot the dynamite? She'd be my first pick.

Charlie saved the girl from being robbed. Was that Naomi - the parachute girl?

Return to Top
#733999 - 05/17/07 12:19 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Do you think Seyid will dive down and save Charlie when he comes to? With 3 years to go a rescue is not in the immediate future is it? Unless we follow the survivors as they get on with their miserable lives back on the continent.

So many questions!

Return to Top
#734008 - 05/17/07 12:28 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
David, I'm pretty sure the woman Charlie saved was the same woman that Sayid tortured (who we saw in Sayid's back story about working at a restaurant).

I agree that Locke is not dead, and I also agree that Juliette is not to be trusted, no matter what she says.

It was definitely "curious" that Jack wouldn't want Danielle to be one of the shooters. Also interesting that he apparently planned to stay and to send Sayid away with the group. Wouldn't you think Sayid would be a great prospect to be a shooter???? Looks like Sayid won that round, though, since he stayed.

Return to Top
#734010 - 05/17/07 12:30 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
I think they can easily take up three more seasons, even if rescue comes pretty quickly. They haven't made any references lately, but it seems like earlier this season, they had only been on the island for 40-something days.

Return to Top
#734013 - 05/17/07 12:32 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Jack did not want Danielle as a shooter in case her daughter was amoung the Others, then she would hesitate to shoot.

The girl Charlie helped was not the lady who fell from the helicopter. I agree, she may have been Sayid's lady.

Juliette said she heard that the under water station was flooded and did not know anyone who went down there. It could have been flooded at one time, and since we haven't ever seen the ladies that took Charlie, Juliette could be telling the truth as she knows it.

Return to Top
#734024 - 05/17/07 12:43 PM Re: Lost David Dickinson
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:
Why not just cut or burn the cable on the beach (going to the below water station)?

good question. i think that the cable is probably for communication rather than power, etc.

Quote:
Ben is ticked. Kill at all costs. Why is he so upset?

because locke is on the island. he's no longer the most special.

Quote:
Why doesn't Jack want Danielle to help shoot the dynamite?

bigger plans for her

Quote:
Was that Naomi - the parachute girl

no

Return to Top
#734031 - 05/17/07 12:51 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
When Ben gave the order to go to the beach to get the women and kill anyone that got in the way, they did a close up on his face. Did anyone else notice his eyes? We didn't tape it so I can't watch it again to see what it was. It looked like a star or cross that radiated from the pupil.

After Grey's tonight they are doing a 1 hour show with the producers to recap the season, then next Wednesday's show will be two hours.

Return to Top
#734033 - 05/17/07 12:53 PM Re: Lost Snow Bunny
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
is the LOST recap on at 10 EST?

Return to Top
#734062 - 05/17/07 01:13 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
Yes - 10 PM Eastern.

Return to Top
#734066 - 05/17/07 01:15 PM Re: Lost Hated By Some
#12 Online
Diamond Poster
I think it's actually at 10:15 Eastern. Grey's is going an extra 15 minutes tonight, according to the TV listings on USA Today anyway.

Return to Top
#734111 - 05/17/07 01:43 PM Re: Lost #12
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
From the previews, it looked like Charley was tied up to a chair and being tortured.....I still can't figure Ben out....the writers could be going several different ways with his character. Yes, it was nice to see Bernard and Rose again...

Return to Top
#734126 - 05/17/07 01:49 PM Re: Lost Quadspapa
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
From what I've heard, two of the Losties die. Considering that Bernard has resurfaced, do you think that he's one of them?

Return to Top
#734162 - 05/17/07 02:19 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
Do you think Seyid will dive down and save Charlie when he comes to? With 3 years to go a rescue is not in the immediate future is it? Unless we follow the survivors as they get on with their miserable lives back on the continent.

Do you mean Desmond?

I don't think the woman Charlie rescued in the alley has the right accent to be the woman in Sayid's past.

Was Claire (do I have the correct name?)intended to find Charlie's ring and keep it? It was left behind the baby's crib which might end up being blown up. I wonder why Charlie didn't just give it to her for "safekeeping" while on his "swim mission."

Regarding Hurley.....I'm still puzzled as to how a guy deserted on an island with limited food where every task is a chore, can maintain such an outlandish weight. That's the most unrealistic part of the series. All the other other oddities are more more believable than that!! Does he have "friends?" Does he have a private stash somewhere?

Return to Top
#734196 - 05/17/07 02:48 PM Re: Lost Pale Rider
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I have no idea why the above post posted twice!

I deleted this one.
Last edited by swiggles; 05/17/07 02:50 PM.

Return to Top
#734199 - 05/17/07 02:48 PM Re: Lost swiggles
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Oops Swiggles, you are right, I meant Des.

I am kind of buying into the Old Testament arguement again. The Island is either Eden or contains the Fountain of Youth.

Jacob may not be "just another con of Ben's" but maybe Jacob is God. Recall that Rachel named her son Ben-onai, or son of my pain and then she dies soon thereafter. Ben-onai's father renames him Ben-jamin or son of my right hand.

Son old Ben thought he was the chosen one or is trying to convince everyone he is but losing out to Locke.

In the end, there will be a Messiah, from what I read it won't be a man though, it will be either Kate or Alex. Kate has already killed her father and look out if Alex kills Ben, then she is it.

So many Bibilical references in all this, or else references to children's book like the Wizord of Oz, Lord of the Flies, etc.

Return to Top
#734210 - 05/17/07 02:59 PM Re: Lost Hoosierland
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Originally Posted By: Hoosierland
They haven't made any references lately, but it seems like earlier this season, they had only been on the island for 40-something days.

Juliette mentioned it during Sun's ultrasound. If I remember correctly, they had been on the island 90 days and Sun had been pregnant 52 days (about 8 weeks). I may be off a little.

Return to Top
Page 42 of 60 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 59 60