Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#7356 - 12/03/01 06:10 PM Reg CC change of cutoff times
DebbieC Offline
Owensboro, KY USA
We have always set our policy to read that our banking centers have various cutoff times not to be earlier than 2:00 p.m. Because of a physical move of our data processing center we are going to be changing some banking centers current cutoff times and banking centers that have no cutoff times, will began cutting off their days sooner. Since we originally disclosed the possibility of a cutoff, do we need to give written disclosure to all customers 30 days prior, or can we just post a notice in the lobbys of the banking centers that will be experiencing the changes, 30 days prior?

We have markets in 5 states and the changes is only effecting one region in one state.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#7357 - 12/03/01 06:52 PM Re: Reg CC change of cutoff times
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I think you have to give each customer affected a notice of change 30 days in advance. You could use a statement message, a statement stuffer or a direct mail piece if you're short of time, but I would not rely solely on lobby notices.

Return to Top
#7358 - 12/04/01 09:27 PM Re: Reg CC change of cutoff times
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
I agree with Brenda about giving each customer a disclosure. I always feel more comfortable giving a notification whenever we are changing anything that was originally disclosed to the customer. Plus it gives me one for my file. I have not checked, but I would bet that Reg CC is one that would require a notification.

Opinions are mine not my employer

Return to Top