Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#732688 - 05/15/07 08:07 PM Wanted: In house payroll software opinions
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
I am looking for opinions from bankers who process payroll in house with the assistance of a payroll software vendor. Our current in-house core processor is discontinuing their payroll program. We are located in Texas and have 23 employees.

Any thoughts on the following vendors, cost, and your overall satisfaction:

ADP
Credian
QuickBooks
Quicken
Paycom Online
Pensoft
Simplex
Time America
Vitrix

any others....?

THANK YOU!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#732713 - 05/15/07 08:19 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions TexasBankerGirl
NLC Offline
Gold Star
Center of US
I use Redwing out of Red Wing, Minnesota. I have used them for14 years. I have 50 to 55 employees. I really like it now. In the past they had problems but since they went to window based system I have had no problems. You can print right off the system tax forms. They can and will file for you if you want them to. That does cost. I don't know what it costs to get started but I have a membership that lets them call me within one hour and it costs less than $400.00. I would highly recommend them.

Return to Top
#732726 - 05/15/07 08:26 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions NLC
hrlady Offline
100 Club
I have previous experience with ADP. I would highly recommend them. We are now doing our payroll in-house using Sage Abra. I preferred ADP because all I had to do was basically enter timesheet hours. They did the rest including all direct deposits, checks, and all payroll taxes.

Return to Top
#736851 - 05/21/07 03:06 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions TexasBankerGirl
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
bump

Return to Top
#736852 - 05/21/07 03:07 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions TexasBankerGirl
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
bump

Return to Top
#737105 - 05/21/07 06:06 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions TexasBankerGirl
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
We use Abra to process in-house.

Return to Top
#741128 - 05/25/07 08:39 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions blue
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
We use ADP , we have 215 employees in 17 different location - we use their etimesheet product, payroll and HR profile - we really like their product - there is a lot to it and it is hard to get the most out of the system, but once you invest the time to get it set up, it works well.

Return to Top
#741218 - 05/25/07 10:33 PM Re: Wanted: In house payroll software opinions I Wear Many Hats
cologirl@heart Offline
Gold Star
cologirl@heart
WY - still a CO girl, though
I have used ADP on the supervisor side. It's awesome. It allows the employee to check on their own paid time off. It also allows for the supervisor to input the information, checked by a manager, and officially checked by the HR payroll processor before final submit. It took awhile to get everyone up to speed, but was TOTALLY worth the effort once it was up there. This was for a bank with over 500 employees in 10+ locations.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry