Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#720096 - 04/23/07 03:00 PM Securing Temporary Branch?
campste Offline
100 Club
campste
LA
We're acquiring a local Savings bank but plan to keep two branches open for only 9 mos. then close them. The FDIC has said they would give us an exemption, if we plan to close the offices shortly after acquistiion. But what about securing the offices during the 9 mos. The branches are set up diffently than our bank and of course, management is costs consience about spending for a temporary office. Any suggestions, or recommedations would be greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#720647 - 04/24/07 02:23 PM Re: Securing Temporary Branch? campste
campste Offline
100 Club
campste
LA
Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Return to Top
#737635 - 05/22/07 01:58 PM Re: Securing Temporary Branch? campste
Hogfan5 Offline
100 Club
Management should have thought about costs before the acquisition, in my opinion. If there is money on sight and people on sight, then they have an obligation to secure those locations. I have also heard that some banks have alarms and cameras at loan proocessing offices. There is no cash on hand but there are a few reasons for the security. One is that if your sign outside says "bank" then the bad guys assume that there is money on hand. Second, if someone is turned down they might retaliate. Third, is there might be a case of workplace violence and you want to have security in that case. I would strongly suggest that you fight 'til the end to get panic alarms, cameras, and any other security device that your other branches utilize. Once you close those branches, you cn reuse that equipment. I hope this helped.

Return to Top
#737687 - 05/22/07 02:33 PM Re: Securing Temporary Branch? Hogfan5
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Originally Posted By: Hogfan5
One is that if your sign outside says "bank" then the bad guys assume that there is money on hand. Second, if someone is turned down they might retaliate. Third, is there might be a case of workplace violence and you want to have security in that case.

Fourth, if your computers at that location have customer information, you need to protect that information. An office without proper protection and cameras is vulnerable to thieves who break in and steal PCs and lap-tops.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z