Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#73781 - 04/15/03 06:17 PM HMDA CD - Aggregate non-MSA data ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is it possible to get aggregate HMDA data for Non-MSA tracts from the HMDA Disclosure & Aggregate CD? We are a non-reporter but would like to use it for comparison and CRA performance. The FFIEC website seems to only offer the non-MSA info by institution.

Thank you!
Last edited by Chris W; 04/15/03 06:59 PM.
Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#73782 - 04/17/03 10:56 PM Re: HMDA CD - Aggregate non-MSA data ?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Are your looking for your standing as an institution against others? Or data on the tracts in your non-MSA areas (ie income etc.?)

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#73783 - 04/21/03 03:12 PM Re: HMDA CD - Aggregate non-MSA data ?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Both, but more information on aggregate numbers loaned in our tracts. We ordered the Raw Data disks, but you are given 2 choices - by institution LAR, or download the whole disk and hope Excel isn't maxed out with the huge file. It would seem that they could aggregate it by tract with some programming.

Return to Top
#73784 - 04/21/03 08:02 PM Re: HMDA CD - Aggregate non-MSA data ?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Well it's not easy, but you can go here:

http://www.ffiec.gov/hmda_rpt/dis_welcome.htm

and enter bank by bank (you have to know the names you're looking for). Unfortunately it's not on one sheet to do an easy comparison It would however narrow down your huge spread sheet.

I get this data through a vendor so I rarely have to play on the FFIEC site. Unfortunately I'm not sure there is a free location but if so, Don Narup would know, or could possible produce a report for you from his sources. You might give him a quick PM and see what he has to say

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z