Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#73788 - 04/15/03 06:36 PM Card Access and Cameras
Anonymous
Unregistered

We are in the process of installing card access on all of our outside doors. In reading about card access, and talking to some other Security Officers, it is advised to have a camera on these doors as well. But some individuals have come back and said this is an unnecessary expense, as it is "overkill". One location in particular is in a less than favorable urban area. Any feedback, pro or con, to putting cameras on doors with card access ????

Return to Top
Security - PUBLIC
#73789 - 04/15/03 06:46 PM Re: Card Access and Cameras
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
One reason is because someone without card access can walk in behind someone with card access, gaining entry to your building.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#73790 - 04/15/03 06:54 PM Re: Card Access and Cameras
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

One location in particular is in a less than favorable urban area. Any feedback, pro or con, to putting cameras on doors with card access ????

Do other banks have branches in the same area? If so, I would encourage you to talk to their security officers and find out what measures they are taking. This will give you a better understanding of which risks are most relevant to your branch, and what methods have been successful in reducing those risks.

Return to Top
#73791 - 04/17/03 08:21 PM Re: Card Access and Cameras
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
We use a card access system and have a camera on the employee entrance. This has proved useful on more than one instance. I would highly recommend it.

Return to Top
#73792 - 04/17/03 10:37 PM Re: Card Access and Cameras
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
I think camera's are overkill based on the fact that no one is probably watching or you would have that person buzz or let the employee in. I like coded access, e.g. your personal code must be entered to gain access and in a bad area it's best to have someone in the building, that has checked it out, let employees in after making sure all is O.K. With card access there is no telling what is going to happen when that door opens.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z