Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#73973 - 04/16/03 04:39 PM Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
Anonymous
Unregistered

All my stuff is old! Does anyone have a proven brainteaser or funny opener I could use for a presentation tonight? Audience is branch & corporate staff....topic is CRA, although I wasn't looking necessarily for something bank-related. Just something fun that would get everyone's attention at 5:30 PM on a sunny 80 degree day while they're cooped up inside! Much thanks.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#73974 - 04/16/03 05:18 PM Re: Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
Buddy the Elf Offline
Platinum Poster
Buddy the Elf
first lily pad on the right
I have some Advertising trivia. I provide the slogan and they have to guess the company. I just used it as an ice breaker for our conferences last week and it worked great. I can e-mail it to you if you give me your address.

Return to Top
#73975 - 04/16/03 06:06 PM Re: Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
CarlD Offline
100 Club
CarlD
Personally, I'm partial to the CarTalk Puzzlers.

Here's an assortment --

http://zone.msn.com/hub_wordandtrivia.asp

Return to Top
#73976 - 04/17/03 12:31 AM Re: Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
Sponge Steve Offline
Gold Star
Sponge Steve
Midwest
The Car Talk puzzler on the 3 hats and guessing the color one is the best. You really have to think that one through.

Return to Top
#73977 - 04/17/03 12:15 PM Re: Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
I like the one about the 3 lightbulbs and the switches in the other room, if they still have that one up anywhere.

Return to Top
#73978 - 04/17/03 01:31 PM Re: Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
Mickey Offline
100 Club
Mickey
FL
I like to use interesting facts at the beginning of my presentations. Like "Did you know....ketchup travels at 2 mile an hour and "Did you know..... there are 123 sesame seeds on a Mcdonalds hamburger bun..etc. You can do a search on the internet and get a bunch of them. I always use these and then try and make up the last one that relates to the subject. I remember the first time I did this was at our Year 2000 seminar for the public and about 250 people were there plus directors and management. I started off with these and some of the board memebers were looking at me like I was crazy but everyone was laughing. I then made the last one up by saying there will be a saying in the future of "Did you know ...there was a bug that cost billions of dollars to get rid of" The board memebers and my boss then got the picture and loved how I started my presentation.

Hope it helps.

Return to Top
#73979 - 04/17/03 02:32 PM Re: Wanted: Brainteaser/Opener for Presentation
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Here's an idea I'm planning to use at my next presentation (I don't remember where it came from--probably BOL)

"The EFAA (Expedited Funds Availability Act) is the law that was passed by federal legislators. Because the law was too difficult to understand, it was “handed” to the Federal Reserve to create a banking regulation to explain the law (hence Regulation CC). However, the Fed realized that the regulation is almost too difficult to understand, so they created the Commentary to explain the Regulation that explains the Law." -- Then .... after a transition sentence -- on to the material. This could be used for any of the regs.

Return to Top