Thread Options
#738735 - 05/23/07 03:52 PM Re: What are you reading now? kitten
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
The Audacity of Hope by Barack Obama
Coronado by Dennis Lehane
The Dortmunder Series by Donald Westlake (Trying to read all 12 of them)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#738737 - 05/23/07 03:53 PM Re: What are you reading now? Mrs. Rizzo
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
If you like chic lit these are good...
Good In Bed
In Her Shoes
Hissy Fit
Sister Chicks do the Hula
Little Earthquakes

I've read some of these. I think Sister Chicks I haven't read though.

Return to Top
#738742 - 05/23/07 03:58 PM Re: What are you reading now? kitten
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
I'm trying to finish Meet Me in St. Louis this week, and also about halfway through Fools (Neil Simon). I should start reading Henry VI part 1 (Shakespeare) soon.

Return to Top
#738745 - 05/23/07 04:03 PM Re: What are you reading now? Becka Marr
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
What do you think of "The Historian," Nanwa? I enjoyed it. I am currently reading Statistics for Business and Economics. So much fun...

Return to Top
#738748 - 05/23/07 04:06 PM Re: What are you reading now? Nanwa
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
TR The Last Romantic
The Historian
The Secret on Ararat
Kingdom Come (Just started)

In my "queue"
The Cell
Babylon Rising
Dixie Jam

How is Kingdom Come? I had just wrapped up the Left Behind series when this one was released, and I'm curious to see if Kingdom Come is a must-read, or if it's wait-for-paperback material.

Return to Top
#738754 - 05/23/07 04:11 PM Re: What are you reading now? JacF
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Just finished Deception Point by Dan Brown. Really good, as were his others Da Vinci Code, Digital Fortress and Angels & Demons.

Return to Top
#738758 - 05/23/07 04:13 PM Re: What are you reading now? tahdah
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Just started the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I read "One for the Money" last weekend and will go on to #2 this weekend.

Return to Top
#738761 - 05/23/07 04:15 PM Re: What are you reading now? Mrs. Rizzo
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Good In Bed
In Her Shoes
Hissy Fit
Little Earthquakes

My wife likes the "Shopaholic" series by Sophie Kinsella. Right now she's reading "Shopaholic Takes Manhattan."

I just finished "The Watchman" by Robert Crais and "Blackwater" by J. Scahill. Don't know what's next in queue.

Return to Top
#738765 - 05/23/07 04:19 PM Re: What are you reading now? RR Sarah
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
Originally Posted By: SarahH
Just started the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. I read "One for the Money" last weekend and will go on to #2 this weekend.

you won't be disappointed. I was laughing out loud the whole time reading them. I loved those books. I'm waiting on a few others I haven't found yet. I love Ranger, and Morelli, and I want to be a bounty hunter. Lula cracks the heck out of me too.

Return to Top
#738794 - 05/23/07 04:49 PM Re: What are you reading now? pjs
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
Originally Posted By: patrice

you won't be disappointed. I was laughing out loud the whole time reading them. I loved those books. I'm waiting on a few others I haven't found yet. I love Ranger, and Morelli, and I want to be a bounty hunter. Lula cracks the heck out of me too.

I would love to be a bounty hunter!!! The series is great, but don't waste your time with the "between the numbers" books. they are not good.

Wouldn't it be good if Sandra Bullock played Stephanie, Queen Latifah played LuLa, and Benjamin Bratt played Ranger?
Last edited by CurlySue; 05/23/07 04:49 PM.

Return to Top
#738796 - 05/23/07 04:54 PM Re: What are you reading now? kitten
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
"Partners in Command" - By Mark Perry - a biography of the relationship between George Marshall and Dwight Eisenhower during WWII and after.

"Magnificat" - by Benedict XVI - a series of meditations for daily prayer.

Return to Top
#738798 - 05/23/07 04:58 PM Re: What are you reading now? tahdah
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: tahdah
Just finished Deception Point by Dan Brown. Really good, as were his others Da Vinci Code, Digital Fortress and Angels & Demons.

I really enjoyed all of Brown's books as well.

I just finished The Husband by Dean Koontz & The Awakening by Kate Chopin.

Return to Top
#738799 - 05/23/07 05:01 PM Re: What are you reading now? Ops
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
How was "The Husband"?

Return to Top
#738803 - 05/23/07 05:06 PM Re: What are you reading now? Hrothgar Geiger
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
It's pretty good.. quick moving, lots of turns.. typical Koontz. Although, it's not my favorite.

Return to Top
#738804 - 05/23/07 05:07 PM Re: What are you reading now? tahdah
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA

I haven't read any Brown books beyond the DaVinci Code, largely because I found the book disappointing. In order for me to enjoy a book, I need to find the characters interesting, and DaVinci simply didn't do this for me. The only character that grabbed my interest was Silas- and he's only a support player.

Return to Top
#738807 - 05/23/07 05:09 PM Re: What are you reading now? JacF
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Originally Posted By: JacFSB

I haven't read any Brown books beyond the DaVinci Code, largely because I found the book disappointing. In order for me to enjoy a book, I need to find the characters interesting, and DaVinci simply didn't do this for me. The only character that grabbed my interest was Silas- and he's only a support player.

The DaVinci Code was actually my least favorite of his novels. I thought Angels and Demons was much better.

Return to Top
#738809 - 05/23/07 05:16 PM Re: What are you reading now? Ops
gone Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: Ops

I really enjoyed all of Brown's books as well.

I just finished The Husband by Dean Koontz & The Awakening by Kate Chopin.

I read The Husband two books ago. It was good... I agree with your assessment.

Return to Top
#738810 - 05/23/07 05:17 PM Re: What are you reading now? Ops
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I'm reading a couple really good books right now...

1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish - DR. Seuss
sideways stories from wayside school - Louis Sachar

and I'm even hitting my poetic side with

A light in the attic - Shel Silverstein

It's some pretty complex reading, but I hope to finish all three books by the end of next month.

Return to Top
#738813 - 05/23/07 05:19 PM Re: What are you reading now? Ops
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
"Guests of the Ayatollah" by Mark Bowden

Return to Top
#738821 - 05/23/07 05:27 PM Re: What are you reading now? Ops
WesMantooth Offline
Gold Star
WesMantooth
San Diego
Originally Posted By: Ops
Originally Posted By: JacFSB

I agree about Angels and Demons being better. Except for the end. That was completely far fetched and very easy to see coming. I enjoyed all of his books, but Da Vinci was probably my least favorite.
The DaVinci Code was actually my least favorite of his novels. I thought Angels and Demons was much better.

Return to Top
#738827 - 05/23/07 05:33 PM Re: What are you reading now? WesMantooth
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
I love this!! I now have a big long list of books to read!! Thank you all and keep 'em coming!!!!

Return to Top
#738845 - 05/23/07 05:41 PM Re: What are you reading now? WesMantooth
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I agree that DaVinci Code was the least impressive of Brown's books. I think Deception Point is my favorite, with Angels & Demons a close second. Even Digital Fortress is better than DC, though.

Quote:
What do you think of "The Historian," Nanwa? I enjoyed it. I am currently reading Statistics for Business and Economics. So much fun...

I'm not Nanwa ;), but I liked The Historian well enough. Not going to make my favorits list, but a good story. It gets a bit long winded in parts and off on a couple of historical tangents that I could have lived without...but interesting nonetheless.

As for the OT - I just finished "Sour Puss" by Rita Mae Brown (and Sneaky Pie Brown - part of the Mrs. Murphy murder mystery series) and "Common Sense Dressage" by Sally O'Connor. I highly recommend both. I'm about to start re-reading the Harry Potter series to get back up to speed before the new movie and book releases, and am currently reading "Building a Better Performance Horse with Dressage: Part 2" by Jane Savoie. Also highly recommended. Waiting in line is "Alibi Man" by Tami Hoag.

Return to Top
#738847 - 05/23/07 05:42 PM Re: What are you reading now? kitten
anon2006 Offline
Platinum Poster
Originally Posted By: CurlySue
Good In Bed
In Her Shoes
Hissy Fit
Little Earthquakes

I've read some of these. I think Sister Chicks I haven't read though.

I have read Good In Bed, In Her Shoes and Little Earthquakes...they were all great and I couldnt put them down. I think she just came out with a new book but I cant remember what it is called....

Return to Top
#738851 - 05/23/07 05:45 PM Re: What are you reading now? #Just Jay
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
I'm reading about the Catholic religion and the history of it, so that I am better educated about switching religions. FUN!!! Huh?

Return to Top
#738856 - 05/23/07 05:48 PM Re: What are you reading now? kitten
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Originally Posted By: CurlySue
Originally Posted By: patrice

I would love to be a bounty hunter!!! The series is great, but don't waste your time with the "between the numbers" books. they are not good.

Wouldn't it be good if Sandra Bullock played Stephanie, Queen Latifah played LuLa, and Benjamin Bratt played Ranger?

Thanks for the heads up on the between the numbers books. Life is too short to read bad books!

I think that Sandra Bullock would be great as Stephanie Plum! And Benjamin Bratt...meow!

I also have the 4th and 5th women's murder club books by James Patterson in my queue. So many books...so little time!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6