Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#742099 - 05/30/07 01:30 PM The Audit Process
biz Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
We recently had an exam in which the examiners indicated I am looking at more than I need to and I should cut it back. . .imangine that! But of course they will not say what I can stop reviewing. Anyhew I am wondering what the rest of you do and wondering if you would be willing to share your audit plan with me or recommend to me the outside company that completes your internal audits. We had not considered farming it all out, but maybe. We are about $350 in size, not publically traded. Any suggestions?

Return to Top
#742672 - 05/30/07 07:53 PM Re: The Audit Process biz
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
I heard the same thing from my examiner (FDIC) about 18 months ago. "It looks more like you're monitoring..."

Anyway, after that experience, I bought a resource from Sheshunoff (Regulatory Compliance Audit Program), and I've been working with that. I've recently been cross-checking information in those questionnaires against the FDIC's 2006 examination manual. It seems to work for us - $640 million 2-bank holding company.

Return to Top
#745110 - 06/01/07 08:09 PM Re: The Audit Process Bartman
biz Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Thanks Bart-I have that manual and apparently they think it is too much. I hadn't thought about comparing back to the examiners manual.

And as for GVSU-uh HOPE fan here!

Return to Top