Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#766938 - 07/03/07 01:21 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! kms
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree, KMS. Julia is good, but I don't think she has enough experience/knowledge with this type of restaurant to go all the way.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#766942 - 07/03/07 01:24 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! kms
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
One thing I will say about Melissa....

She was the ONLY experienced fine dining cook left on that team. It's no wonder she felt pressure. She almost looked relieved to be going to the guys team where they have nothing but experience left.

I think she was cracking under pressure, and now that she's got a team that knows what they are doing, I think she'll go back to her original form.

That being said, Rock still looks like the man to beat.

Return to Top
#767027 - 07/03/07 02:08 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
My favorite part last night was when the Maitre'D got tired of the complaining from the wedding planner and told him to go talk to Ramsey.

It was ridiculous that Melissa pushed Julia out of the way and put the duck back into the oven making it overcooked. Just looking at it you could tell it was going to be disgustingly tough!! Who would serve duck as the main meat course anyway? It's not the most popular choice by far. The boys were smart to choose ribeye. It did look delicious and so did their appetizer. I thought the brie in the puffed pastry with the strawberry was a very strange appetizer.

Return to Top
#767040 - 07/03/07 02:17 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Mocha's Mom, I totally wanted that ribeye they served! It looked fantastic.

Return to Top
#767054 - 07/03/07 02:34 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
OMG BF, that was making my mouth water last night!! So many times the dishes look mediocre or unappealing but last night, was I in the mood for some steak!!

Return to Top
#767102 - 07/03/07 03:09 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Melissa sabotaged the ladies last night. I think that Melissa has gone off the deep end, the girl looked and acted like a lunatic. Julia may not have all of the experience that others do, but she has sound fundamentals to build on. Jen seems to be stepping up, but I don't know if I can let go of that whole trash thing. Bonnie seems to be suited more to her nanny/chef role.

Rock is looking very good right now, and the guys seem to be getting their act together. I think it'll be interesting to see how things go with Melissa in the mix.

Return to Top
#767434 - 07/03/07 05:46 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Mocha's Mom
OMG BF, that was making my mouth water last night!! So many times the dishes look mediocre or unappealing but last night, was I in the mood for some steak!!

I'm actually planning on picking up a ribeye on the way home, along with all the fixings, and grilling it up. Sure, it won't be as good as that one looked, but it will hit the spot!

Return to Top
#767552 - 07/03/07 06:59 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Well, if I lived any closer I would be inviting myself over for a ribeye!! I'm just going to have to get the grill going myself!!

Return to Top
#767714 - 07/03/07 08:23 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Well, if I lived any closer I would be inviting myself over for a ribeye!! I'm just going to have to get the grill going myself!!

I've got some nice crimini mushrooms and an onion baby. It's going to be fantastic

Return to Top
#767719 - 07/03/07 08:26 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
You sure know how to make a girl cry, don't you??

Let's see, if I left work right now I might make it to Ohio in, oh say, eight hours?

Return to Top
#771081 - 07/10/07 12:50 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Woo hoo! I am so happy that Melissa is finally gone. I do, however, wish that she'd have been included in the photo shoot just so I could see what she looked like if she actually brushed her hair.

I still think he is a strong contender, but I did not like how Rock dealt with having to do trash duty last night. While I wouldn't have wanted to do that either, I thought he should've just accepted it and moved on.

Return to Top
#771083 - 07/10/07 12:53 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Hoosierland
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Tell me more - I missed the whole thing!

Return to Top
#771101 - 07/10/07 01:36 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Beige
Hoosierland Offline
Platinum Poster
Dr. Bob--The challenge was for each person to prepare a lobster dish. The women's team won and their reward was to go on a magazine photo shoot with Gordon. The punishment for the men's team was to have to go through this mountain of trash/recyclables and sort out all the recyclables into the correct bins, rinse them off, etc. Rock absolutely lost his cool over having to do this. To add insult to injury, Gordon called Rock away to come to the photo shoot. . .and all he wanted was for him to empty the trash there at the shoot and take it back to sort with all the other trash!

At that night's service, the women were outstanding and the men's team just couldn't get it together. From what we were shown, everyone but Rock was bad on that team.

In the end, Gordon immediately dismissed Melissa--didn't even ask if the team had nominated her. Then he called Josh and Brad both out of the line, said they were both terrible, but ended up letting them both go back in line.
Last edited by Hoosierland; 07/10/07 01:39 PM.

Return to Top
#771123 - 07/10/07 01:59 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Hoosierland
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Definitely a good episode last night. I have to agree with Rock though...How do you lose to a lobster bisque? Not really creative at all. Then again, Gordon knew the reward and he's not going to have his picture taken with a group of men so I think it was a bit pre-determined.

Return to Top
#771126 - 07/10/07 02:00 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Comp Guy No More
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
LOL, CG, could be. It was good to see the Chef complimentary last night and not totally negative like he usually is.

Return to Top
#771131 - 07/10/07 02:03 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! MB Guy
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Yeah...the men seem to be falling apart though!

Return to Top
#771179 - 07/10/07 02:43 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Comp Guy No More
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
The men are no different than they have been. Rock is the only one worth a damn out of the men. They really haven't had a good service yet.

I totally agree with Rock by the way. Perhaps he didn't handle it well, but to have a creative lobster dish lose to a plain old bisque is wrong. The challenge was to create creative lobster dishes, not lobster standards. If both dishes were so good, as Ramsey indicated, creativity should have won out.

I think what Ramsey felt was hard was not figuring out which dish was the winner, but rather, how to spin it so the girls won so he could have them in the photo shoot with him.

Also, I think it was in VERY bad taste of Ramsey to call Rock over to the studio to take out the trash there when he knew Rock was already pissed about #1 LOSING a challenge he should have won, and #2 having to dig through trash when he has pride.

Return to Top
#771463 - 07/10/07 05:53 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Exactly BF! Since Ramsey knew the prize he wanted his picture taken with the girls rather than the guys. After all, how could he have played Charlie to their angels if it was the guys?

I thought his decision was wrong and the punishment was out of line. Rock should have been a little more mature and just accept it. However, it was in poor taste for Ramsey to call him specifically over to the photo shoot to retrieve the trash. That was not right.

BTW - how was your ribeye last week BF? You gave me such a craving for it I stopped at an Outback and ordered a ribeye dinner to go ( got out of work late and was too starving to go to the store and then cook it )

Return to Top
#771523 - 07/10/07 06:31 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Eh, I disagree. I think he brought Rock over to get the trash to teach him some humility. It's a TV show that you're doing voluntarily, not a job you are relying on for a paycheck to feed your family.

You're on TV, you know you're going to possibly have some less than respectable / fun things to do. He acted like an idiot when he had to clean up that garbage. I say be a man and do your job well, no matter what it is.

Return to Top
#771524 - 07/10/07 06:32 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
I wonder how much of melissa hair got into ppl's food!! ..that was just gross!...I so glad she is gone...the girls cleaned up pretty good, Bonnie is a cutie. Great show...I thought he was going to send those 2 boys home too!! ..I bete they were shakin for a minute!...anyone watch Top Chef??...same kinda thing, just alot less yelling LOL ..its good too.

Return to Top
#771570 - 07/10/07 06:57 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! MB Guy
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
MBG, I agree with you. Suck it up. Look at what's at the end of the game. If it's not worth it, quit!

Return to Top
#771621 - 07/10/07 07:36 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Mocha's Mom
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
BTW - how was your ribeye last week BF? You gave me such a craving for it I stopped at an Outback and ordered a ribeye dinner to go ( got out of work late and was too starving to go to the store and then cook it )

Well, the first one was fantasic. I seasoned it with garlic and rosemary, and grilled that bad boy up just perfectly...

The second one, on the other hand, that I made on Sunday.... well, let's just say that the kids distracted me and we had charcoal on our gas grill! Strangely, it tasted a heck of a lot like a pepperoni pizza!

Return to Top
#771719 - 07/10/07 08:29 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! B_F
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

Well, the first one was fantasic. I seasoned it with garlic and rosemary, and grilled that bad boy up just perfectly...

The second one, on the other hand, that I made on Sunday.... well, let's just say that the kids distracted me and we had charcoal on our gas grill! Strangely, it tasted a heck of a lot like a pepperoni pizza!

LOL!!

Return to Top
#771955 - 07/10/07 11:32 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! MB Guy
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
What is it about this program, and others like it, that are so over the top and plain abusive? It's like watching a train wreck. Can you imagine how any of us would be (b)itching if our bosses treated us like that? All chefs aren't like this but the ones that make it on tv seem to be the worst of the lot. I'll stick with Top Chef where the chefs are critiqued on their product and they're certainly not punished for loosing a debatable contest. Yes, I think the men should have won yesterday too. I watched long enough to see the lobster dishes, then tuned out. I can make a lobster bisque. But I'd never thought of deep frying it!

Return to Top
#772006 - 07/11/07 12:02 PM Re: Hells Kitchen tonight!!! Truffle Royale
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I agree with Rock that on creativity, the guys should have won, but there is no doubt Ramsey picked the gals simply due to the photo shoot. And maybe if Rock didn't act like a 5 year old, he wouldn't have been poked with a stick by Ramsey...didn't the same thing happen last year with the photo shoot-a member of the losing team came to the shoot to serve food, or something like that?

Return to Top
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8