Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#748503 - 06/07/07 03:16 AM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? RebekahL CRCM
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
after several miscarriages, I waited until almost the 3rd trimester - yes almost 6 months before we told anyone. Lucky I was small and bedridden.

Of course we told our folks each time early on, because we were so excited and disappointed/heartbroken. You know what they say, hope springs eternal - and after 7 years of heartbreak we had one blessed son and 8 years later (and 2 miscarriages) we were blessed with another miracle son.

Return to Top
#748800 - 06/07/07 04:12 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? wavewatcher
Copper Top Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
I always hear about the mom making a meal for the dad of baby carrots, baby corn, baby peas, etc etc - all the food that is "baby". That is always cute.

Oh, and I don't mean actual baby food, I mean the little carrots, etc etc... LOL

Return to Top
#749468 - 06/08/07 02:06 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? RebekahL CRCM
Phoenix Offline
Platinum Poster
Phoenix
southeast
There is, or was, a brand of whiskey called "Old Grandad". We were going to place a bottle at Dad's place at the table and see how long it took him to get the message. (Mom would have been clued in 1st; she was a nurse and would have been a great support in a number of ways....)

Return to Top
#749548 - 06/08/07 03:03 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? RebekahL CRCM
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
You can always do what my daughter did--just leave the pregnancy test lying around for dad to find. OH WAIT, that's another thread!! (Got to laugh cuz crying just ain't gonna help!)

Return to Top
#750003 - 06/08/07 07:40 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? BrendaC
RobinS Offline
100 Club
NorthWest
Yikes BrendaC! Was that her high school souvenir?

Return to Top
#750013 - 06/08/07 07:43 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? RobinS
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
Fortunately, no, and she's definitely old enough to know what causes these things. She just left to put in an application for her first apartment.

Return to Top
#750166 - 06/08/07 09:20 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? BrendaC
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
I don't have any good ideas for telling, but I keep thinking of that new Cingular commercial (about the dropped calls) where the wife calls to tell her husband, and he's jumping up and down, hugging strangers, etc., but she doesn't know that because the call has been dropped.

Maybe you should tell your friend to stay away from the cell phone notification route...

Return to Top
#750466 - 06/11/07 02:49 PM Re: How did you share your pregnancy news? Lestie G
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I love that commercial!!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett