Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#74965 - 04/22/03 04:06 PM Wire Transfer Agreements
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
I'm needing to come up with a wire transfer agreement. Any idea where I could find some samples? We want to keep it as simple as possible but still cover duties and responsibilities of all parties.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#74966 - 04/22/03 04:21 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
Anonymous
Unregistered

for heaven's sake, DON'T have counsel prepare one! They make them sooo long and complicated, putting things in there that you would never even imagine. Plus, it costs so much to even call your counsel, let alone have them draft anything! Just do it yourself - - chances are that the bank will never ever screw-up a million-dollar-plus wire transfer. So what's the risk?

Return to Top
#74967 - 04/22/03 06:12 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

I'm needing to come up with a wire transfer agreement. Any idea where I could find some samples? We want to keep it as simple as possible but still cover duties and responsibilities of all parties.

Hi ...send me your email address and I'll be happy to send you a sample of what we use. My email address is katoscano@flag.net

Return to Top
#74968 - 04/22/03 06:27 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
You can do a search on Google also, there are quite a number of examples from banks posted on their websites.

By the way, although I may have stated it a little differently, I do agree to the premise of Buffalo's statement.

Return to Top
#74969 - 04/22/03 07:17 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Send me your Fax # and I will be happy to share. My e-mail is lsmith@communitybank.net

Return to Top
#74970 - 04/23/03 12:40 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bankers Systems sells a very good agreement form

inwxpensive and easy to use

Return to Top
#74971 - 04/23/03 03:08 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
HR Banker Offline
Diamond Poster
Thanks to all of you for your help. We have discovered we already have the Bankers Systems agreement on our account platform system.

Return to Top
#74972 - 04/23/03 03:46 PM Re: Wire Transfer Agreements
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good, I'm happy to hear you finally found an agreement with solid legal roots. My original post was tongue-in-cheek. Some of you got it. I'll be more direct next time. When it comes to providing a service where timing is absolutely crucial and the dollar amounts are huge - - a solid legal ageeement with the customer is a must. You wouldn't do your own brain surgery, or ask someone in a chat room how they would do it, would you? Or would you?

Return to Top