Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#754575 - 06/15/07 09:27 PM ACH Originator Audit
bearkat007 Offline
New Poster
My contracted information security guy has requested I do an ACH Originator Audit. He is requesting that I develop an audit procedure, where I would physically go and audit my originators. I do not have but a handfull.

Question is, does any one else do this?

If so, what and how are you doing this with. Would anyone be interested in shareing their checklist?

Thanks

Return to Top
Audit
#754748 - 06/17/07 02:04 PM Re: ACH Originator Audit bearkat007
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
First, I would review my contracts with the ACH originators to see if you have even reserved the right to go in a perform such an audit. Most standard contracts that I have reviewed to not include that right.

Second, I would ask your IS guy what this request is based on. I have never heard of a bank going out and auditing their ACH originators. What exactly does he want you to audit??? There is no such requirement in the FFIEC IS Examination Manual.

Return to Top
#754799 - 06/18/07 01:12 PM Re: ACH Originator Audit rlcarey
bearkat007 Offline
New Poster
We are really bumping heads over this. I have come up with a list of a few questions for my originators. I will just call and make sure they are following the rules.

Return to Top
#755661 - 06/19/07 01:30 PM Re: ACH Originator Audit bearkat007
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Of what value is that? You already have a contract with them that says they are going to follow all the rules. Do you think they are going to say on the phone to you that - awwww - we don't really get authorizations from any of our customers that we debit????

I would again recommend that you go back to the IS guy and ask him where in the regulations or other guidance is this recommendation coming form - if he can't answer that - then take his "recommendation" under advisement - and immediately move on to your next project.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z