#759934 - 06/25/07 04:59 PM loan review
AARON GROBE Offline
New Poster
I am the loan review officer for the bank. I will perform
> annual reviews of the credit quality of the loan portfolio. I am aware
> that the regulators have developed a software program called ALERT, which
> helps scope the loans, provides various reports, etc. My question is
> this: are there similar programs available for banks to purchase? If so,
> could you provide a few names of the companies that sell such programs.
> Thank you.

Return to Top
Audit
#760270 - 06/25/07 08:24 PM Re: loan review AARON GROBE
LauraL Offline
Gold Star
Georgia
I don't know about any program off the top of my head, but I'll tell you what I have devised. Safety and Soundness Exams always focus on the "large borrowers", so I make sure I review each large borrower loan about six-eight weeks after its inception for quality, compliance, etc. Then each month, I review all credits over $100,000 and randomly pick a few credits under $100,000. This works well for me and I always review each loan the exmainers pick.

Of course this process works well for me because we are more of a commercial bank, so we have very few loans under about $500M. If you are in a consumer bank, revewing all loans over $100,000 may be too many loans for one month. You could get overwhelmed.

Return to Top
#760969 - 06/26/07 04:32 PM Re: loan review AARON GROBE
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
The ALERT file that the examiners is just a report pulled from your database with their criteria. It really isn't different from any report that you can pull on your mainframe.

You just need to develop reports that you can pull from your mainframe monthly that will help you meet the loan review policy and goals as stated in the loan policy.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z