Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#761320 - 06/26/07 06:38 PM Refi Renew - Giving Disclosures
Jan94 Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
We've been looking back through our document requirements and have started questioning having to provide certain disclosures when a loan is refinanced, renewed or modified. The regulations provide for the most part that disclosures are provided at application or within a time period of application. When the loan is new, it's not a question but when someone refinances that same loan are there certain disclosures you don't have to provide a second time? The RESPA booklet for example I understand is one you only have to provide once. I've read in a separate thread that for the FACT Act Notice to Home Loan Applicants, if you pull a credit report each time some indicate you should provide the notice again, but others have said if the request is part of the same original loan, then it would not be required. RESPA requires that a HUD settlement statement be provided in every settlement involving a federal-related mortgage loan so to me this would indicate that a refinance at least would require a HUD settlement statement, but would one be required on a renewal or modification? I have more examples but didn't want this to get too long. Has anyone else researched this before and perhaps could provide their thoughts or resource? Appreciate any help.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#761872 - 06/27/07 12:09 AM Re: Refi Renew - Giving Disclosures Jan94
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
We have discussed refinancings vs. renewals/modification/extensions - often. Please do a search on this topic.

Return to Top
#761892 - 06/27/07 04:06 AM Re: Refi Renew - Giving Disclosures David Dickinson
Jan94 Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Thank you. I have been and will continue to do so. Just wondered if anyone else has been through this and could provide some guidance.

Return to Top