Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#762869 - 06/27/07 09:10 PM Re: Weddings #12
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I was also married 9 years ago, and I planned an outdoor wedding....during an El Nino year in CA.

We had to move all 200+ guests in a small courtyard the avoid the downpoor. Once the shock of it was over, we all kicked off our heels, splashed in the puddles and have a great time.

Some of my favorite picture of that day are me dancing around barefoot or in my Nike's. LOL

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#762921 - 06/27/07 09:42 PM Re: Weddings Sing A Little
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Married 37 years ago, the day before my hubby graduated from college. My dad married us, had maybe 10 to 15 people there, the fraternity senior party was at the same time!!! Old fashioned reception in the church with cake made by the kitchen at the college and mints made by my mom's friend. Went to hotel near school and church the next morning with my parents, then off to graudation ceremony for hubby!! Bought my dress from a women who's neice (the first owner) eloped and who's daughter (the 2nd owner) decided at the last minute she wanted a different dress. I think I paid $15 for the dress. Hubby wore a brown suit and looked pretty good to me!!

Oldest son married 3 years ago at Chicago courthouse with all of 6 people present and reception at the nearest Corner Bakery!!

Now the youngest son went all out, good thing we weren't paying for it. And all his high school friends have had big weddings. Too much money for my taste.

Return to Top
#762935 - 06/27/07 09:49 PM Re: Weddings corkygirl
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I agree that you don't have to spend a fortune to have a nice wedding. Even though we had a lot of people there (big Italian family with lots of friends), several people pitched in to help out and it wasn't bad at all.

Return to Top
#762944 - 06/27/07 09:58 PM Re: Weddings Nanwa
buggs Offline
Power Poster
My wife and I had a very simple wedding, only partly because we didn't have much money. We got married in the late '70s. Her dress was borrowed, I just wore a suit. Everyone else in the wedding party wore whatever dress clothes they wanted. We got married in a peach tree orchard at sunrise. Many people said it was one of the most beautiful settings they'd ever been to for a wedding. A friend of the family took the photos as a wedding gift.

The reception was a brunch at her mom and dad's. Everybody had a great time and we were on the road to our honeymoon cottage at the lake in by early afternoon. Probably the biggest expenditure was for the wedding cake. I think the whole thing cost under $750.

It was great fun! I just shake my head when I see those wedding shows where people spend $50,000.

Return to Top
#763050 - 06/28/07 11:47 AM Re: Weddings buggs
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I think one of the best memories I have was a dear friend of my ex's and I were both in the same wedding. When the groom kneeled down to pray at the altar with the bride; the whole place cracked up, except the groom's mother, she started crying. One of the ushers had painted "BYE" on one shoe in white, the other shoe said "MOM". It was really cute.

At my wedding, my Maid of Honor got so smashed that I had to hold her out of a second story window so she could barf.

Return to Top
#763052 - 06/28/07 11:54 AM Re: Weddings Retired DQ
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
My cousin got married in a small, small town in upstate NY. How small? Well, I'd have to name at least 5 progressively larger neighboring towns before you'd say, "I think I've heard of that."
Small reception, country/western/polka band, people pinning dollar bills on the bride's gown.
The highlight, for me, was when a 300 lb Iroquois decided he wanted to dance with my mom (4'11"). I don't think her feet touched the floor for the entire song!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2