Thread Options
#762865 - 06/27/07 09:08 PM Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#762927 - 06/27/07 09:44 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding TheManofSteel
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Funny that they talked about Georgetown being one of the worst. That's where we were this weekend. We always go to Lake Georgetown on summers and the water level compared to last year is crazy.. We were actually able to go cliff jumping this last weekend since the water level was so high.

They needed it to go up since it had been so low, but the rain is getting to be way too much. My buddy that lives nearby is taking off from work to stay near his house in case of flooding..... Sucks

Return to Top
#763069 - 06/28/07 12:41 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding Fork Ate Spoon
TTC Queen Offline
Diamond Poster
Oklahoma
Marble Falls is where I plan to retire because I have several good friends there. I talk to one of them last night. She is in an area that is completely cut off and has no water other than what is falling from the sky. She is about 5' tall and doesn't have a ladder to get to her roof and climbing on her car to get to her roof won't work. She is hoping that if it comes to that she can get on a neighbor's roof. There are 2 police officers in her neighborhood that cannot get out. I told her to keep watch out the window, because I will probably be floating by soon. I live in Oklahoma and am in the storm pattern she is in. This give new meaning to "high water pants".

Return to Top
#763081 - 06/28/07 01:03 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding TTC Queen
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
If it gets to the point that they are declared States of Emergency, we need to get the Red Cross in. And Americans need to respond, just as (hopefully) we did with Kansas and Missouri with the tornadoes.

Return to Top
#763086 - 06/28/07 01:08 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding TheManofSteel
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
what better marketing for Evan Almighty could you ask for???

Return to Top
#763087 - 06/28/07 01:09 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding X O
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
Here's hoping the best for all of the BOL Texans and Okies...

Return to Top
#763088 - 06/28/07 01:11 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding Imagine
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
hey as soon as the rain stops its like FES said, the Lakes will be marvelous....

Return to Top
#763133 - 06/28/07 01:42 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding X O
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
It's kind of ironic. Last year we couldn't buy a drop of rain...this year we can't pay it to stop! What I wouldn't give for some sunshine <sigh>.

Return to Top
#763286 - 06/28/07 02:52 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding X O
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
Originally Posted By: XO XO Xodus...
hey as soon as the rain stops its like FES said, the Lakes will be marvelous....

you've mistranslated the quote. what he actually said was, "I said good day!"

Return to Top
#763339 - 06/28/07 03:09 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding Bailey.
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
haha, I say good day!

Return to Top
#763348 - 06/28/07 03:14 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding Fork Ate Spoon
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Don't these people have attics in their house? Maybe I am just ignorant to how much flooding is going on... but I heard that people were drowning, I mean come on... no boats, or rafts, or attics, or scuba gear... Every house in my neighborhood has a boat and an axe in the attic. So when Katrina 2 comes through we just sit in the attic and hack our way out

Return to Top
#763378 - 06/28/07 03:25 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding doobydoobydoo
Dlynn58 Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
I live in west/central Texas and we haven't had it as bad as up north. This is the most rain we have had in years. I hope all you fellow Texans stay safe!! I never thought I would wish for the rain to stop, but hopefully it will soon and let us dry out some.

Return to Top
#763450 - 06/28/07 03:51 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding doobydoobydoo
OkieOps Offline
Platinum Poster
OkieOps
OK
Originally Posted By: DoobyDoobyDooo
Don't these people have attics in their house? Maybe I am just ignorant to how much flooding is going on... but I heard that people were drowning, I mean come on... no boats, or rafts, or attics, or scuba gear... Every house in my neighborhood has a boat and an axe in the attic. So when Katrina 2 comes through we just sit in the attic and hack our way out

That wont help the people who don't realize how deep the water is and try to drive through it. Last I heard, there were 2 people missing about 20 miles South of me because of this.

Return to Top
#763482 - 06/28/07 04:04 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding X O
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
Originally Posted By: XO XO Xodus...

Actually a lot of the lakes have been closed. There is too much water and you can't see what it's covering. Plus, the boat docks are covered with water! Trash is getting to be a problem in a lot of lakes.

Return to Top
#763764 - 06/28/07 06:03 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding Queen Mum
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
now when have we ever been able to see what's in the water? that's why they are so good for dumping bodies...

Return to Top
#763787 - 06/28/07 06:15 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding Fork Ate Spoon
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Really?? exactly why I posted the Monsoon thread

Return to Top
#763814 - 06/28/07 06:28 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding *nUnZeO*
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Hope all our BOLers are safe & dry!! Our street floods but other than that we are not really in danger, thankfully.

Return to Top
#763820 - 06/28/07 06:31 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding E.E.G.B
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
okay,it's started again

Return to Top
#763825 - 06/28/07 06:33 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding *nUnZeO*
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
I talked to a friend who lives between Dallas and Fort Worth last evening. It was raining so hard, even through the phone it sounded like I was there. Hope you are all keeping safe and dry!

Return to Top
#763935 - 06/28/07 07:03 PM Re: Texas/Oklahoma Getting Pounded by Flooding E.E.G.B
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Originally Posted By: Empress EGB
Hope all our BOLers are safe & dry!! Our street floods but other than that we are not really in danger, thankfully.

Oh Empress, your crumb crunchers are getting so big! But surely your quiver is not full yet?

Return to Top