Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#765020 - 06/29/07 05:28 PM It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
The condo building we live in is being "power washed" today and I just could not leave my 3 1/2 month old puppy home cause I knew she would be scared of the noise - - - so it's "take your puppy to work day" for me I have a basement office with no one near by so it works well but of-course today would be the day that everyone needs to stop by to talk to me!! She has finally fallen asleep under my desk, which is better than on my desk like she tried to do earlier She has made friends, guess it's a good thing she is small - about 4 1/2 lbs Have any of you taken dog/puppy to work with you?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#765034 - 06/29/07 05:33 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today corkygirl
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
There is no chance in this world that my credit union would allow me to bring a pet to work. Wouldn't matter anyway, I have cats, tortoises and a raccoon - none of which would fare too well in an office environment! LOL!!

Return to Top
#765040 - 06/29/07 05:34 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today someone else
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I am SO jealous right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#765042 - 06/29/07 05:35 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today someone else
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Originally Posted By: someone else
There is no chance in this world that my credit union would allow me to bring a pet to work. Wouldn't matter anyway, I have cats, tortoises and a raccoon - none of which would fare too well in an office environment! LOL!!

The turtle could run security for the day.

Return to Top
#765047 - 06/29/07 05:36 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today someone else
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude

How the he11 did you manage to tame a racoon?

Return to Top
#765056 - 06/29/07 05:40 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today TheManofSteel
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Originally Posted By: AMLFella

And why would you want to????

Return to Top
#765067 - 06/29/07 05:46 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today TheManofSteel
Ravenskye Offline
100 Club
Ravenskye
the Otherworld
Heh, someone, that racoon is still around?

Cool!

When i got my German Shepard, the guy selling him happened to live down the street from the bank, but another person wanted my dog too and was on their way to get him. So i hurried up and bought him, took him to the bank, and he stayed in a paper box in the collection manager's office.
About 8 months later i took Scoobert back for a visit while i was on vacation. There was no way he'd fit under the desk, let alone in a paper box!

Two years later when we had to move to this foresaken place i'm at now, the same collection manager kept my Scooby for me.
I know they both are happy.

Return to Top
#765227 - 06/29/07 06:50 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today Ravenskye
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
That is soooo cool, to bring your puppy to work. I know, if I brought my Boyz, no work would get done. I'd constantly be checking where Spunky'd gotten off to, which would probably be disrupting everyone else's work, so he could get petted. Kismet would be so scared, he'd never leave my lap.

Return to Top
#765258 - 06/29/07 06:59 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today Nanwa
Simply Sheldon Offline
Diamond Poster
Simply Sheldon
S.E. TX
After Hurricane Rita everyone was allowed to bring their pets to work (if they came back) during the state of emergency period. I brought my Pit and Chiweiner to work with me.

Return to Top
#765695 - 06/29/07 09:24 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today Simply Sheldon
Al Miller Offline
Diamond Poster
Al Miller
Pleasanton CA USA
None of your banks have heard of take your dog to work day?

http://www.petsit.com/dogday

Al

Return to Top
#765759 - 06/29/07 09:51 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today Al Miller
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I'd love to bring my doggies to work, but I don't think they would ever allow it.

Return to Top
#765911 - 07/01/07 04:58 PM See how hard I worked Sing A Little
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
See how hard Babs worked on Friday in my office

Babs at work

Look how hard I work

Return to Top
#765937 - 07/02/07 11:55 AM Re: See how hard I worked corkygirl
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
What adorable pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Return to Top
#765982 - 07/02/07 01:30 PM Re: See how hard I worked Skittles
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
whew, Babs is a dynamo!

Return to Top
#765995 - 07/02/07 01:36 PM Re: It's "Take your puppy to work day" for me today Sing A Little
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
I'd love to bring my doggies to work, but I don't think they would ever allow it.

The dogs, or your employer?

Return to Top
#766037 - 07/02/07 02:01 PM Re: See how hard I worked Pale Rider
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
whew, Babs is a dynamo!

She might not look like it in these pictures (these were the two 1/2 hour naps in my office) but she does keep us busy You know, the puppy routine of "Where is she now, it's too quiet" "Oh, not in the house, let's go outside" "No No, not the light cord" "Here, chew on your toy, not my fingers" "Where is she now??!!"

Return to Top
#766205 - 07/02/07 03:47 PM Re: See how hard I worked corkygirl
someone else Offline
Power Poster
someone else
back to my roots
Originally Posted By: corkygirl
Originally Posted By: AMLFella

And why would you want to????

LOL!! No, the raccoon is not tame, but he definitely belongs to me now. I didn't ask for him, he just adopted me.

It all started in October '06, not long after my hubby left for Iraq. I noticed that the cat food bowl was empty in the morning, and the water dish was full of dirty water. I also found paw prints all over the kitchen floor (the paw prints showed claws and cats walk with their claws retracted). Turns out Dirty Harry (that's his name) was coming into the house through the cat door, eating, washing up and then leaving.

From time to time, I would catch glimpses of him, and finally, in December, I got a picture of him actually coming through the cat door. It's a great picture. You can see it on my MySpace page (page two, I think).

Anyway, once my hubby came home from the desert, Dirty Harry disappeared. I thought maybe it was due to the freeze we were having. Perhaps he was hibernating. Perhaps he had relocated. Perhaps something had happened to him. Months went by without any sign from him. Then, all of a sudden, just as my hubby left for the fire academy, Dirty Harry showed up again.

Turns out, I think my raccoon has a bit of a crush on me. He only comes around when my hubby is away. Isn't that funny? Anyway, he's gotten a bit bolder, as I have now found his paw prints in the bathroom right next to my bedroom. He was in the sink...silly boy.

Y'all may think it's crazy, but he gets along well with my 5 cats, and doesn't bother my tortoises (I think that's because his belly is full of good cat food). If he ever showed signs of aggression, I would have to call Animal Control to have him relocated, but until I see anything like that, I am happy to have him about...except for the mess he makes on my kitchen floor! LOL!!

Return to Top
#766278 - 07/02/07 04:23 PM Re: See how hard I worked someone else
Copper Top Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
That is such a good story someone else!

Return to Top
#766419 - 07/02/07 06:07 PM Re: See how hard I worked Copper Top
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
cute story someone else!! Your raccoon is much nicer than the ones we had in our basement when our boys were younger

Return to Top