Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#767455 - 07/03/07 06:01 PM Re: Would love some advice..... triniabelle
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I don't know what to say so I'm just gonna send good thoughts your way!

Return to Top
#767456 - 07/03/07 06:02 PM Re: Would love some advice..... triniabelle
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
You thought you were frigid? Who on earth would want to have a sexual relationship with someone who lies and cheats on them repeatedly?

Get away from this man! He might have some good qualities, but they seem to be overpowered by his adultry and sex addiction. You deserve so much better...don't settle for this situation.

Take a break from one another (maybe and trial seperation) and see how it goes...I have a feeling that you are going to really enjoy it.

Return to Top
#767549 - 07/03/07 06:56 PM Re: Would love some advice..... Sing A Little
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
My 2 cents - This sentence tells me all I need to know:

"I’m not always an easy person to live with – sometimes if I didn’t have to live with me, I wouldn’t"

I am not advising leaving him or staying with him, because I don't think it matters. Until you can truly manage your low self-esteem and depression, nothing will make the situation better. If I had to choose for you, I would probably say now is the time to focus on you and only you, and having him leave would probably in a weird way prevent that from happening.

Live with him as a friend and roomie (separate rooms maybe) and tell him you need to get healthy, so while you hope he can do the honorable thing and be faithful, etc., right now, you can't worry about that. Let him fend for himself around the house, and start living as an independent woman and find some happiness - maybe a new doctor - but not another man. Take sex out of the equation from all sides and do whatever it takes to get happiness in your life.

Return to Top
#767654 - 07/03/07 07:45 PM Re: Would love some advice..... CubDave
Ms Auditor Offline
100 Club
Upstate NY
I don't believe anyone here can give you perfect advice. We only know a small portion of the problem you've been dealing with for so long. The only thing I can offer is to read the book Love Must Be Tough by James Dobson. This really is a wonderful book. Good luck to you.

Return to Top
#769246 - 07/06/07 12:49 PM Re: Would love some advice..... CubDave
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot

"I’m not always an easy person to live with – sometimes if I didn’t have to live with me, I wouldn’t"

This sentence is terribly scary to me. You ARE worthy and worthwhile and important and loved - don't let Bubba or anyone or anything else cause you to think otherwise. I urge you to take some time to really take care of you.

Have you/your counselor considered talking to your kids about this in general? If you think they can handle it (they probably already know), they may have some surprising things to say and very well may be supportive of a decision to split and/or help obtain some perspective. In 1982, I told my Mom I wished she had divorced my Dad 10 years earlier. She was surpirsed b/c she stayed with him "for us kids." I loved him, but living with a severe alcoholic wasn't the answer to a good home, and it wasn't good for her either -- she was a mess, but finally got it together after the split.

Good luck -- no matter what course you decide on with Bubba, please "work" on liking yourself.
Last edited by hobot; 07/06/07 12:50 PM.
Return to Top
#769294 - 07/06/07 01:25 PM Re: Would love some advice..... triniabelle
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
well, 3 affairs and can't guarantee he won't have a 4th, 5th, or more? Bye-bye, Bubba.

If you can't bring yourself to be sexual for him, he will continue to cheat. And since you aren't interested in sex with him, you are at a catch 22...

Return to Top
#770256 - 07/07/07 12:53 PM Re: Would love some advice..... HappyGilmore
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
How are you doing?

Return to Top
#770820 - 07/09/07 08:26 PM Re: Would love some advice..... pjs
triniabelle Offline
New Poster
Wish I knew.
I'm really confused. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. Bubba told me last week that he was moving out for a while. At first I was scared but then resolved myself to it and found some inner-strength to deal with it. He hasn't moved or made any attempts to do so. He was gone for the weekend to a hunting camp with some buddies. I went out with a girlfriend that I have recently become reaquainted with (she is very recently divorced)Saturday night and we went to a local bar where one of my brothers was hanging out. Bambi #3 showed up - not a big deal - until she tapped me on the shoulder and said she wanted to talk. It wasn't a bad thing - neither one of us hates the other so there wasn't any yelling or anything. (I think I failed to mention that Bambi #3 is married to my cousin and is in the process of divorce.) I'm not a yeller anyway and I was drinking a coke so didn't even have alcohol to help. She thinks Bubba is hanging onto me for security. She also told me that Bubba had called our son from camp to tell him he would probably be moving out. Nice. Couldn't do it face to face or with me there. Just a phone call. I'm beginning to worry about what this might be doing to Bubba Jr. Now Bubba is being extremely nice, attentive, fun, loving, etc. I think his plan must be to drive me insane. I should have probably mentioned that I have a sense of humor so I usually handle a crisis with humor - but only if its MY crisis - not someone else's - I'm not that tactless. What I would really like to do is run far away. Move west. Get a great job and work with some nice people and start a new life. Scary and exciting at the same time. I would be closer to my daughter and her husband and my son could go with me if he chooses and go to college wherever we landed. Just taking it day by day right now. Thanks for thinking of me. I need lots of prayer. I know it's not a life threatening situation and I have to remember to keep it in perspective.

Return to Top
#770861 - 07/09/07 08:42 PM Re: Would love some advice..... triniabelle
Bones Offline
Power Poster
Bones
Land of Enchantment
It may not be a life threatening situation, but it is a life altering situation. It sounds like you have thought a lot about moving on without Bubba which says a lot. I think you should go with that! Bubba is not good enough for you. If he can cheat on you with his brother's wife, your cousin's wife, and God knows who else, he really doesn't care about anyone but himself. Move on, concentrate on building a new life for yourself. You deserve to be happy!

Return to Top
#771070 - 07/10/07 12:34 PM Re: Would love some advice..... triniabelle
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I have been thinking about you and hoping that you take care of yourself. So are alot of other people here in this forum.

You don't need him. You need to take care of yourself.

Return to Top
#771119 - 07/10/07 01:58 PM Re: Would love some advice..... pjs
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
100% agree with Patrice. Dump the load.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett