BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#767337 - 07/03/07 04:49 PM No Report Generation for Change of ATM PINS
A.B. Offline
100 Club
A.B.
KY
ATM PIN LINK

One of the affiliate companies that I audit just recently started driving their own ATM's, so I thought I would try a test based on the discussion in the link above.

After successfully accessing my account using my initial PIN, after following through some options, I changed my PIN at the ATM terminal. Per discussion with the ATM coordinator, the offset PIN was also changed to match the maintenance that I conducted.

When I went to find an audit trail of the maintenance, it does not appear on any core banking system report. Instead it actually appears on the individual account in the transaction history (needless to say, not easy to find).

My question is should I be concerned that this type of PIN maintenance is not generated on any particular report?

This affiliate company orders cards through a third party vendor and an new account loading is checked backed by an independent party. One risk that I think of is that the initial card holder does not receive their card and PIN and fraudulent transactions could potentially be an issue. But if that is the case, who is actually going to change the PIN; they would just use the initial PIN, correct?

Does anybody have any additional ideas or suggestions as to what additional risks there may be? Thanks.

Return to Top
Audit
#769247 - 07/06/07 12:50 PM Re: No Report Generation for Change of ATM PINS A.B.
A.B. Offline
100 Club
A.B.
KY
Anyone?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z