Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11
Thread Options
#770303 - 07/09/07 01:56 AM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Well, it certainly would be illogical for straw to actually believe that you are racist, Mr. _X_ - since he has just stated that whatever you've posted to make him think so he does not think you meant in seriousness.

So it appears he was simply jesting to make a point at your expense.

Sorry to intervene on your behalf; it's just that sometimes I really hate seeing how you are treated around here.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#770421 - 07/09/07 03:06 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Becka Marr
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Oh, it's just the little people, Ms. Becka - crying out for help - as Jesus said, Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Return to Top
#772237 - 07/11/07 03:14 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: _X_
Oh, it's just the little people, Ms. Becka - crying out for help

Everyone, lets congratulate X on winning the most ironic post award for 2007.

X has truly grown in his varied personalities as he has moved from being banned by the board to winning awards.

And it has only taken 5 years to boot.

Well, even though he is a slow learner, we should congratulate him on his incredible transformation and his ability to bring humor to this place, only in ways that he doesn't even understand.

Once again, congrats X.

Return to Top
#772247 - 07/11/07 03:20 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb
Originally Posted By: straw
I used goose stepping to call to mind facism. If I wanted to call to mind racism, there are other charicatures to use that would be much more on point.

Specifically, "goose stepping" calls to mind the Nazis, who were, in fact, racists, and who when they goose stepped from block to block were acting in furtherance of a racist agenda. Please don't insult me and then pretend it was an idle comment.

Quote:
You are advocating a fence, but not chained and barbed wire. Please elaborate.

http://www.house.gov/hunter/fence2.htm

The Nazis were exactly what I was thinking of, but I was not calling you are racist. But what a surprise that another conversation with you has left you aggrieved.

Straw, spare me. This whole "I'm going to call you a Nazi for wanting to, you know, actually enforce the nation's borders, but any idea that you have that I'm implying racism on your part is born of your own defensiveness" is insulting in and of itself for the sheer stupidity it assumes on the part of the target. You'll never admit you were wrong to do it and I know that, but I'm at least going to call you on it for anyone else still reading this thread.

I am shocked, truly shocked, that J takes umbrage with a post. We all know he has never been offended by anything posted here, but has no problem calling being anti-semites and un-american any time he deems it appropriate.

All I can say is, take the post for what I said and look at the company you keep in your opinions, much like you advised those who argue against neo-cons.

If you don't see the analogy, you need some further introspection, but I offer no apology, as I have grown weary of your repeated "outrage" over posts.

And yes I put outrage in quotes because I think your outrage is often a feigned attempt to back out of an argument's corner. So go aheah and decry further, if you wish, but after a while, you start sounding like the boy who cried wolf.

Return to Top
#772312 - 07/11/07 04:00 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

X has truly grown in his varied personalities as he has moved from being banned by the board to winning awards.

Well, even though he is a slow learner, we should congratulate him on his incredible transformation and his ability to bring humor to this place, only in ways that he doesn't even understand.

Once again, congrats X.

Thanks, Straw - it's always good to hear from one of the little people and receive a little people award - it makes me feel like you like me, you really like me! On the other hand, I've received awards a plenty over the years here - each little person experiment is very rewarding, each post from, for example you, with a little person thought is rewarding - each time a true personality comes out here, to play or to show a dark side is rewarding. And, of course, Bolefty's (like you) are contantly providing fatuous fun by posting falderal and frivolous flapdoodle in a febrile and fulgurous style that is the most rewarding of all. In other words - you funny.

Return to Top
#772381 - 07/11/07 04:54 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:
I used goose stepping to call to mind facism....
The Nazis were exactly what I was thinking of, but I was not calling you are racist.

I am shocked, truly shocked, that J takes umbrage with a post.

Of course! Who in their right mind could take umbrage at being likened to a (non-racist, egalitarian) Nazi?! Sorry for my sensitivity!

Quote:
We all know he has never been offended by anything posted here, but has no problem calling being anti-semites and un-american any time he deems it appropriate.

In the course of, what, four years on this board, I've identified a few America-hating posts; less than five, I'm thinking. There were probably more that deserved the tag, but I err on the side of caution, you know. And as to anti-semitic talking points, after Jimmy Carter's meltdown, I thought you actually came around to a similar point of view. Guess not.

Quote:
All I can say is, take the post for what I said and look at the company you keep in your opinions, much like you advised those who argue against neo-cons.

I've been very circumspect in the company I keep - and I again point out that I'm for expanded legal immigration. If that doesn't distinguish me from any racists who have inserted themselves in this debate, then you are blind, my friend.

Quote:
If you don't see the analogy, you need some further introspection, but I offer no apology, as I have grown weary of your repeated "outrage" over posts.

As I said, I recognize that you are congenitally unable to admit to being in the wrong. Don't worry, it's an endearing trait.

Quote:
a feigned attempt to back out of an argument's corner...

If I was in a corner, or even thought you had scored a point or two in the debate, this might make more sense...

Return to Top
#772415 - 07/11/07 05:25 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:
I used goose stepping to call to mind facism....
The Nazis were exactly what I was thinking of, but I was not calling you are racist.

I am shocked, truly shocked, that J takes umbrage with a post.

Of course! Who in their right mind could take umbrage at being likened to a (non-racist, egalitarian) Nazi?! Sorry for my sensitivity!

I accept your apology. Big of you to admit that you got carried away.

Quote:
Quote:
We all know he has never been offended by anything posted here, but has no problem calling being anti-semites and un-american any time he deems it appropriate.

In the course of, what, four years on this board, I've identified a few America-hating posts; less than five, I'm thinking. There were probably more that deserved the tag, but I err on the side of caution, you know.

So calling people unpatriotic or unmamerican only a few times is ok? How many times are you allowed to insult people before they get offended?

I actually didn't even call you a Nazi, but referred to goose stepping soliders deporting immigrants. Why are you offended then? Only did it once. Didn't actually say it. By your logic, you shouldn't be offended.

Quote:
Quote:

I've been very circumspect in the company I keep - and I again point out that I'm for expanded legal immigration. If that doesn't distinguish me from any racists who have inserted themselves in this debate, then you are blind, my friend.

And the anti-neocons said they were against anti-semitism, but you continued to press. I don't see the difference, but you can split those hairs.

Quote:
Quote:

As I said, I recognize that you are congenitally unable to admit to being in the wrong. Don't worry, it's an endearing trait.

How many times have I apologized to you on this board for some perceived slight, while you repeatedly to apologize for any offense, and even if you apologize, you only do so "to the extent the person felt offended". But I can't admit being wrong.

PLLEASE.

Quote:
Quote:
a feigned attempt to back out of an argument's corner...

If I was in a corner, or even thought you had scored a point or two in the debate, this might make more sense...

Your posting record speaks for itself my friend.

Return to Top
#772416 - 07/11/07 05:25 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

Once again, congrats X.

Thanks, Straw - it's always good to hear from one of the little people and receive a little people award - it makes me feel like you like me, you really like me! On the other hand, I've received awards a plenty over the years here - each little person experiment is very rewarding, each post from, for example you, with a little person thought is rewarding - each time a true personality comes out here, to play or to show a dark side is rewarding. And, of course, Bolefty's (like you) are contantly providing fatuous fun by posting falderal and frivolous flapdoodle in a febrile and fulgurous style that is the most rewarding of all. In other words - you funny.

Good to see you busted out that thesaurus again. Keep working at it. You are getting better, but still have a long way to go.

Return to Top
#772535 - 07/11/07 06:14 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
So calling people unpatriotic or unmamerican only a few times is ok? How many times are you allowed to insult people before they get offended?

If I had leveled that charge 100 times, it would be appropriate if that was what the poster was. But I don't recall ever calling anyone unAmerican or unpatriotic. Find the posts where I stated that there was some hatred of America being expressed and decide for yourself whether those were appropriate. Criticize me for their inappropriateness if you like. But to say that I did it is not prima facie evidence of slander on my part. Tell the whole story, Straw.

Quote:
I actually didn't even call you a Nazi, but referred to goose stepping soliders deporting immigrants. Why are you offended then? Only did it once. Didn't actually say it. By your logic, you shouldn't be offended.

So you admit you've given offense by your logic? Ok, thanks. If you can demonstrate that my posts have been similarly undeserved, I'll admit to having given offense, and I'll even apologize, too.

Quote:
And the anti-neocons said they were against anti-semitism, but you continued to press. I don't see the difference, but you can split those hairs.

Have I repeated any anti-immigrant sentiment? Even once? C'mon Straw, this is not that tough. People were repeating classic anti-semitic tripe against Jewish individuals, substituting only the word "neocon" for "Jew" - I have done nothing similar with regards to immigrants of any heritage.

Quote:
How many times have I apologized to you on this board for some perceived slight, while you repeatedly [refuse?] to apologize for any offense, and even if you apologize, you only do so "to the extent the person felt offended". But I can't admit being wrong.

Um, I don't know...how many times have you apologized for a perceived slight? I honestly don't think it is that large a number. But if I'm wrong, feel free to demonstrate. If I've given offense that you think I owe an apology for, also, feel free to post that and I'll reconsider.

Quote:

Then listen to it, my friend.

Return to Top
#772867 - 07/11/07 08:57 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw

If I had leveled that charge 100 times, it would be appropriate if that was what the poster was. But I don't recall ever calling anyone unAmerican or unpatriotic. Find the posts where I stated that there was some hatred of America being expressed and decide for yourself whether those were appropriate. Criticize me for their inappropriateness if you like. But to say that I did it is not prima facie evidence of slander on my part. Tell the whole story, Straw.

In your opinion, everthing you post is 100 percent correct, accurate and never offensive, although many have stated you have offended them.

That is your logic. Fine. I believe the goose stepping comment was correct in reference to mass deportations. The fact that you don't advocate mass deportations does not change the deportation connotation.

Quote:
If you can demonstrate that my posts have been similarly undeserved, I'll admit to having given offense, and I'll even apologize, too.

No you won't because you never admit that your posts are undeserved, so it really becomes a useless argument. At least be honest with yourself on this point.

Quote:
Quote:

Have I repeated any anti-immigrant sentiment? Even once? C'mon Straw, this is not that tough. People were repeating classic anti-semitic tripe against Jewish individuals, substituting only the word "neocon" for "Jew" - I have done nothing similar with regards to immigrants of any heritage.

And I did not call you a Nazi. Come on J this isn't that hard. Some people who advocate mass deportations have xenophobic or racist motivations. And it strikes me as fascist. If you don't believe that, then fine, but the arguments are there and since you don't advocate mass deportations, what is your problem.

If you are always looking for offense, you will always find one.

Quote:
Quote:
How many times have I apologized to you on this board for some perceived slight, while you repeatedly [refuse?] to apologize for any offense, and even if you apologize, you only do so "to the extent the person felt offended". But I can't admit being wrong.

Um, I don't know...how many times have you apologized for a perceived slight? I honestly don't think it is that large a number. But if I'm wrong, feel free to demonstrate. If I've given offense that you think I owe an apology for, also, feel free to post that and I'll reconsider

Please stop. You never owe an apology because you never cause offense. Just ask yourself.

Quote:
Quote:

Then listen to it, my friend.

And perhaps you should actually go over your posts and see your pattern of perceived grievances. Maybe you should stop looking for reasons to be offended, grow a thicker skin, or stick to lighter topics.

Return to Top
#772905 - 07/11/07 09:30 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

Once again, congrats X.

Good to see you busted out that thesaurus again. Keep working at it. You are getting better, but still have a long way to go.

I keep trying to put a knife in you but you just keep comong back. You are truly like some sort of zombie character - the living dead or Michael Moore's twin - perhaps all of those. Actually, I'm trying to be kind to you as I don't want to send you into another full-tilt diva-meltdown mode. I remember the last one - it wasn't pretty, although you thought that you were pretty at the time. Anyway, I'm beginning to understand your need to keep threads alive - it's the only life that you have, right?

Here's something to keep you busy - a giant squid that just rolled up on shore - a relative perhaps?

Return to Top
#772939 - 07/11/07 10:02 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Again funny coming from you X. But I think the zombie analogy better fits you - the banned poster who masks his IP address to avoid the banning.

But I have no life.

Please never get over yourself. Your delusions are too comical.

Return to Top
#772955 - 07/11/07 10:37 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Again funny coming from you X. But I think the zombie analogy better fits you - the banned poster who masks his IP address to avoid the banning.

But I have no life.

Please never get over yourself. Your delusions are too comical.

I'm not sure what you are talking about - I'm not a banned poster, I post - you reply. Masking my IP address seems like a lot of trouble just to post to flapdoodle from you. Besides, no one is out to ban me, I'm way to popular and someone has to step in when you get so clearly kerfuffled.

With that said, straw, I'd like to help you out, possibly out of your extreme little person role in life and in banking, but as I've already informed you, straw - you're broke for the same reasons you're fat, you don't make the choice to have the discipline. Shape up and wake up, my man! You can do it.

Return to Top
#772967 - 07/11/07 10:53 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Ok X, play your little charade. The truth is this sight, and these posts, are so important to you that you have taken these incredible, wasteful steps to avoid your banning, to the point where the sight operators threw up there hands and we all ignored you.

Some of us have been around long enough to remember, even if you truly have forgotten.

So flail away, but sadly, we know that what you are saying actually applies to you.

As I have said before, you have my pity.

Return to Top
#772982 - 07/11/07 11:20 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
And, I accept your pity, but I'd also like some money - send some of that lefty cash that you are always trying to give to poor people - I'm looking at a Lexus LS460L - perhaps you can buy the auto parking option for me?

Yes, I'm the bad boy of BOL - but, it's something that I've set out to be, something that I've achieved - big time - a poster that will live in infamy! Now, that's COOL!

Return to Top
#773005 - 07/12/07 12:51 AM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
In your opinion, everthing you post is 100 percent correct...

As opposed to whom? What, do you think your posts are only correct half the time?!

Quote:
I believe the goose stepping comment was correct in reference to mass deportations. The fact that you don't advocate mass deportations does not change the deportation connotation.

...If you are always looking for offense you will always find one

Let's step back for a minute and look at how it came up: in response to my simultaneous advocacy of expanded legal immigration, but no amnesty, you argued it was form over substance, because there wasn't a practical reason not to grant amnesty if we were going to allow more legal immigrants in, anyway - we might as well legalize those here illegally. I said that respect for the law was a good reason to not do it. I said you were presenting a false choice - mass deportations or amnesty. Your response was:

Quote:
Ok, let me know the plan to do this, how we will afford it, how we will avoid goose stepping soldiers going block to block.

Unless you are not offended by the idea of mass deportations?

I said that the implication of racism in your post was crass. (I did not ask for an apology or claim to be offended. If I were to follow your pattern, I'd make a comment about how it's "interesting" that you think one might be owed.) Your response was:

Quote:
There is no crass implication of racism in my post, but I find it interesting that you see one, which tells me you may believe that is a component of all this.

I asked what, exactly, goose-stepping soldiers brought to your mind if not racist fascists. Your response:

Quote:
I used goose stepping to call to mind facism. If I wanted to call to mind racism, there are other charicatures to use that would be much more on point.

I found that a bit incredulous. Making my first request, I asked you not to insult me and then pretend it was an idle comment. You said:

Quote:
The Nazis were exactly what I was thinking of, but I was not calling you are racist. But what a surprise that another conversation with you has left you aggrieved.

From there, you brought up the problems I've had in the past with those who have thrown around the term "neocon" without knowledge of what it means, or who those most likely to use the term are referring to. Basically, I became the issue, rather than whether or not your comment was appropriate.

Whatever. I'm done with this.

Return to Top
#773013 - 07/12/07 02:26 AM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Yossarian
WildTurkey Offline
Platinum Poster
WildTurkey
Down South, USA
Originally Posted By: Yossarian
..... the final 3.5 miles was approved in 2005 by the Department of Homeland Security -- $10 million per mile."

Well it would cost that much when commissioned by a government that pays $600 for hammers!

Return to Top
#773204 - 07/12/07 02:35 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Jokerman
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
In your opinion, everthing you post is 100 percent correct...

As opposed to whom? What, do you think your posts are only correct half the time?!

Quote:
I believe the goose stepping comment was correct in reference to mass deportations. The fact that you don't advocate mass deportations does not change the deportation connotation.

...If you are always looking for offense you will always find one

Let's step back for a minute and look at how it came up: in response to my simultaneous advocacy of expanded legal immigration, but no amnesty, you argued it was form over substance, because there wasn't a practical reason not to grant amnesty if we were going to allow more legal immigrants in, anyway - we might as well legalize those here illegally. I said that respect for the law was a good reason to not do it. I said you were presenting a false choice - mass deportations or amnesty. Your response was:

Quote:
Ok, let me know the plan to do this, how we will afford it, how we will avoid goose stepping soldiers going block to block.

Unless you are not offended by the idea of mass deportations?

I said that the implication of racism in your post was crass. (I did not ask for an apology or claim to be offended. If I were to follow your pattern, I'd make a comment about how it's "interesting" that you think one might be owed.) Your response was:

Quote:
There is no crass implication of racism in my post, but I find it interesting that you see one, which tells me you may believe that is a component of all this.

I asked what, exactly, goose-stepping soldiers brought to your mind if not racist fascists. Your response:

Quote:

I found that a bit incredulous. Making my first request, I asked you not to insult me and then pretend it was an idle comment. You said:

Quote:

From there, you brought up the problems I've had in the past with those who have thrown around the term "neocon" without knowledge of what it means, or who those most likely to use the term are referring to. Basically, I became the issue, rather than whether or not your comment was appropriate.

Whatever. I'm done with this.

No you're not because now that I have responded to this, you will be compelled to respond as well.

I am glad you went back over how this came up because once again, you hijacked a substantive discussion with how you felt slighted or attacked or offended in some way (your pattern).

Please be done with this or we continue this back and forth ad infinitum. I leave it up to you to decide.

Return to Top
#773211 - 07/12/07 02:38 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
And, I accept your pity, but I'd also like some money - send some of that lefty cash that you are always trying to give to poor people - I'm looking at a Lexus LS460L - perhaps you can buy the auto parking option for me?

Yes, I'm the bad boy of BOL - but, it's something that I've set out to be, something that I've achieved - big time - a poster that will live in infamy! Now, that's COOL!

If you say it's cool or you think that's cool, again one to be pitied. I guess your mommy should have hugged you a little more so you wouldn't crave any attention like you do.

Be that as it may, I work too hard for my money to give a hand out to those who can't afford the finer things in life.

But I would forgo the Lexus 460L for the BMW 745. I love mine and when I compared the two, the BMW suspension blew away the 460.

But keep your chin up X, maybe someday you will be able to buy a car like that.

Return to Top
#773242 - 07/12/07 03:03 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO

If you say it's cool or you think that's cool, again one to be pitied. I guess your mommy should have hugged you a little more so you wouldn't crave any attention like you do.

Be that as it may, I work too hard for my money to give a hand out to those who can't afford the finer things in life.

But I would forgo the Lexus 460L for the BMW 745. I love mine and when I compared the two, the BMW suspension blew away the 460.

But keep your chin up X, maybe someday you will be able to buy a car like that.

You funny, straw - you're driving around in a Neon, but think of it as a Bimmer! BTW - I owned a 750 a few years ago - great car new, but lousy car after it falls off warranty - same thing with the 745. So, stick with your Neon.

BTW - Tom Thumb really nailed you above - lots of us now know you, you appear to have jumped the shark around here.

Return to Top
#773258 - 07/12/07 03:13 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) °X°
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Since I don't plan on keeping my BMW more than 3 years (I can afford a new car often), I am not too concerned, but thanks for the heads up.

And as for jumping the shark, since you did it so many years ago, you would know what it looks like better than most.

Return to Top
#773266 - 07/12/07 03:22 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Do you two just want a ruler and some privacy to get it over with?!?!?
Last edited by Comp Guy; 07/12/07 03:22 PM.
Return to Top
#773308 - 07/12/07 03:49 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) straw
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Since I don't plan on keeping my BMW more than 3 years (I can afford a new car often), I am not too concerned, but thanks for the heads up.

And as for jumping the shark, since you did it so many years ago, you would know what it looks like better than most.

Not true, straw - posters here think of me as incredibly witty...you as duller than dirt. Do you want to put it to a vote?

Return to Top
#773310 - 07/12/07 03:51 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Comp Guy No More
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Originally Posted By: Comp Guy

loload

Return to Top
#773313 - 07/12/07 03:52 PM Re: Spinning the Real Costs of Illegals (Great Read!) Comp Guy No More
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
Originally Posted By: Comp Guy

I'm just trying to help the little guy out, Comp Guy - I'm trying to be nicer if he would just try being smarter.

Return to Top
Page 10 of 11 1 2 8 9 10 11