Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#77419 - 05/01/03 06:13 PM Real Estate Checklist
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is anyone aware of a thorough checklist to review real estate (residential or commercial) for completeness? I have one for non-real estate loans but would love to get my hands on one for real estate.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#77420 - 05/01/03 06:21 PM Re: Real Estate Checklist
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Are you looking for documentation requirements ? That is typically a state issue. For example, state savings banks in Texas must have a large group of docs in the loan file prior to funding per state regs. But the FDIC (nor any other federal regulator) has such regs. sorry this isn't much help.

Return to Top
#77421 - 05/01/03 06:31 PM Re: Real Estate Checklist
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I was looking for one for the Mid-Atlantic region.

Return to Top
#77422 - 05/01/03 11:36 PM Re: Real Estate Checklist
YouDaMan! Offline
YouDaMan!
The Golden State
If you would like to post your e-mail address, I can forward you what I have in an MSWord format. It's not for all 50 states, but it will provide you the basics for documentation in the states it covers; and there are several Mid Atlantic states in the list.

Keep in mind that depending on how you are chartered in a particular state, will, in part, determine what types of disclosures you are required to give, above and beyond the standard state disclosures. Just a little food for thought.

Return to Top
#77423 - 05/09/03 04:56 PM Re: Real Estate Checklist
Anonymous
Unregistered

Send me your e-mail and I have one.
Mine is: lsmith@communitybank.net

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z