Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#776389 - 07/17/07 02:24 PM Ok here's a good one!
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I have a loan that was made to a son,daughter in law, father and mother to improve a farm house on property in the father and mothers name. After sometime they figured they didn't have enough money and the father and mother came back in for another improvement loan using the same property. Now the loans have been refinanced into permanent financing. The new loan is under just the son and daughter. The mother and father have deeded over the house and 5 acres to the children. Would my permanent loan be reported to HMDA as a HI or a purchase since the property transferred in ownership?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#776403 - 07/17/07 02:32 PM Re: Ok here's a good one! Maxx
#Just Jay Online
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
My vote is purchase.

Return to Top
#776410 - 07/17/07 02:35 PM Re: Ok here's a good one! Maxx
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Here's my thoughts.

When did the deed transfer take place?

If it was before your loan it would be a HI loan.

If the deed transferred as part of your transaction then the son and daughter-law purchased the property for the cost of the refinancing.

Return to Top
#959837 - 05/15/08 09:02 PM Re: Ok here's a good one! Dan Persfull
PA Escrow Offline
New Poster
We have a similar transaction for which I'd like to add one question: what constitutes "when" the deed transfer takes place? If I have a transfer that occurred on the same day but prior to the settlement, therefore making it a non-purchase transaction, how should the file be documented to support my HMDA reporting?

Return to Top
#959850 - 05/15/08 09:19 PM Re: Ok here's a good one! PA Escrow
hmdagal Online
Power Poster
hmdagal
I think we need more details. What were they doing with the money?

Return to Top
#959913 - 05/15/08 10:26 PM Re: Ok here's a good one! PA Escrow
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: PA Escrow
We have a similar transaction for which I'd like to add one question: what constitutes "when" the deed transfer takes place? If I have a transfer that occurred on the same day but prior to the settlement, therefore making it a non-purchase transaction, how should the file be documented to support my HMDA reporting?
The law is going to look at any of these based on when the recording was done. As long as the deed was recorded prior to the mortgage, you've got all the documentation you need to support reporting this as HI for HMDA.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM