Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#779582 - 07/20/07 04:18 PM Sr Mgt Vacations
Bobw Offline
Gold Star
Bobw
New England
I was wondering what folks offered for vacation time to it's Sr Mangers? We seem to running up on issues hiring new Sr Mgrs from the outside when we apply the same vacation as we would with a Teller. Any help would be great!

GO RED SOX!!!

Return to Top
Human Resources
#779608 - 07/20/07 04:29 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations Bobw
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
All the banks I have been at have had a completely different vacation plan for senior management than for staff positions.

Usually, they look something like this -

Executive Officers - 4 weeks
VP level - 3 weeks
all other staff - 2 weeks

This would be the starting point. There is generally a schedule of additional vacation time added, depending on number of years with the bank.

Return to Top
#779619 - 07/20/07 04:36 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations califgirl
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
We offer two weeks coming in, as well as three personal days and 10 sicks days, but everything is negotiable, and we often meet their demands for additonal vacation time.

Generally, you cannot expect anyone to go backwards in vacation time once they have earned it over the course of thier career. To go back from where I am now in vacation time would be a deal breaker for me, no matter how much you offered me paywise.

Heck, I would even "buy" an extra week if I could!! I have heard of a couple of larger banks offering a vacation buy program to those who are in either a certain level of management, or who have hit a tenure point.
Last edited by bbsgrant; 07/20/07 04:58 PM.

Return to Top
#779653 - 07/20/07 04:47 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations #Just Jay
MN Banker Offline
Platinum Poster
I agree with bbs -

When I started here, by policy I should have only gotten 2 weeks vacation. However, because I had previous experience elsewhere (and they needed someone with experience), I was able to negotiate for more vacation time.

Return to Top
#780248 - 07/20/07 08:39 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations MN Banker
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
We start all salaried employees with three weeks vacation but do give credit for prior service at another institution. So if a new member of the management team has four weeks where they are and that is important to them, we would generally give it to them. 5 weeks is the cap for all management - including senior management. 4 weeks is the cap for hourly employees (post 15 years).

Return to Top
#780563 - 07/23/07 01:03 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations I Wear Many Hats
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
All new employees here start with 2 weeks, regardless of position. Vice president or above gets 3 weeks after 5 years; all other employees get 3 weeks after 10 years. Three weeks is the maximum for everyone, no matter his or her position or length of service.

Return to Top
#780572 - 07/23/07 01:18 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations Sinatra Fan
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Whoa, really?

Just checked ours out...after 20 years of max accrual, PT can get 4 weeks, FT can get 4.5 weeks, FT salaried 5 weeks, and Officers 6 weeks.

Return to Top
#780619 - 07/23/07 02:21 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations #Just Jay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
bank officer - VP, 3 weeks
SVP and up - 4 weeks

with years of service, can get up to 6 weeks, although most at the level never take it all

Return to Top
#780852 - 07/23/07 05:39 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations HappyGilmore
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
They do here! I think if you're not allowed to carry it over or get paid out for it, people take their vacation time.

Return to Top
#780960 - 07/23/07 07:12 PM Re: Sr Mgt Vacations Truffle Royale
I Wear Many Hats Offline
Platinum Poster
I Wear Many Hats
the beautiful state of ME
our CEO is pretty good at reminding us of the importance of vacation --- I get 5 weeks now and will manage to take every blessed hour of it! But I also have younger kids and need to take time during school vacations which effectively kills most of it!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, Gayla Sherry