Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#78149 - 05/05/03 02:28 PM Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I hope you and yours are OK after those devastating storms. My prayers are with those who lost so much.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
General Discussion
#78150 - 05/05/03 02:30 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

I second Andy's sentiments. Makes the headaches I have been going thru with sewage backup in my crawl seem not so tragic.

Return to Top
#78151 - 05/05/03 02:34 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I'll third that thought. I hope all of you are OK.

Return to Top
#78152 - 05/05/03 04:17 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
I agree, my thoughts are with each and every one of them.

Return to Top
#78153 - 05/05/03 08:00 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I have relatives in the MO area but luckily they were spared the major damages and they all seemed to be doing OK when I talked to them.

My thoughts and prayers to the others not so fortunate.

Return to Top
#78154 - 05/05/03 08:08 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
MidwestCFE Offline
Platinum Poster
MidwestCFE
wish it was the Smoky Mountain...
Luckily in St. Louis, we did not have a tornado. We lost power & had a terrible storm..The southern part of Mo is just terrible though..

Return to Top
#78155 - 05/05/03 08:45 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Chris, thanks for the update on St. Louis, I have family there. Also have family in Illinois, Kentucky and Tennessee. We think everyone is OK but have not been able to get in touch with all of them yet.

My prayers go out to those who lost so much and those that are still in the path.

Return to Top
#78156 - 05/06/03 04:00 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Liz Offline
Liz
SW,Missouri
Thanks for the kind words, the town to the west of us is all but gone. The devastation is overwhelming. Its hard to imagine the pile of rubble once was a town. We are a drop off point for local donations of water and blankets ect. It hardly seems enought when you consider they have lost everything. We have electricity today thank goodness, yesterday we were on back up generators.

Return to Top
#78157 - 05/06/03 04:07 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Moments like these tend to put things in perspective.

Good luck.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#78158 - 05/06/03 04:30 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Thank you to my BOL family for all of your prayers that were reaching out across our country last night. I have a son at college and they had 2 or 3 warnings last night, but everything is fine now. It was nice for this mom to know that my prayers weren't the only ones going up.

Return to Top
#78159 - 05/06/03 08:32 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
I have a son in college also, and all is well. Thank goodness for cell phones and kids that actually know you might be worried and call.

Stay safe!

Return to Top
#78160 - 05/07/03 02:19 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Hannah Offline
Missouri
Thanks to you all for your kind words. I live in Kansas City and my home was hit on Sunday. We are all safe, and the house only received damage to the outside, but it was scary nonetheless. For once, as a compliance attorney, I'd rather face the marketing department's wrath over another tornado anyday! It really puts everything in perspective. Here's to all of you in the east and the south who are going through this storm as well! Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Return to Top
#78161 - 05/07/03 04:34 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Tina A Sweet Offline
Diamond Poster
Tina A Sweet
Marysville, Ca.
My prayers are with you all there. I am sorry for all the lost and devastation you have all felt. Maybe the bankers at BOL can help somehow with donations or something? Let us know, please!

Return to Top
#78162 - 05/07/03 06:22 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Johncrcm Offline
100 Club
Eastern KY
This morn the report on Pierce City, Mo. reminded me of my community. WE have two small towns in this county in Eastern KY with building on each side of the main streets. If any huge wind would hit these old buildings, all the business would have to start from the beginning. It's really, really sad. So many lives are affected, young and old. I would guess banks and bankers lives have been placed on hold for a while. My wife teaches in a middle school and for a the wind to take the roof off of the building would cause a major shake up in all the student's lives.
I am so very fortunate right now.

Return to Top
#78163 - 05/07/03 06:36 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
Bankerette Offline
100 Club
South of Canadian Border
My prayers go out to all of you who have suffered. Our son who lives in Fayetteville, TN telephoned last night to let us know they were okay there. A tornado had struck a mile from his home and the creek between their home and the road was overflowing the banks. We thank God they have reached safety everytime the sirens have blown and that no more damage has happened there.

Return to Top
#78164 - 05/07/03 06:44 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
We'll keep our fingers crossed that these winds blow over...over somewhere far far away with no people in the way! Keep safe BOL folks! I am glad to hear that our poster with the damaged house and the families of those who have posted are well.

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#78165 - 05/09/03 02:08 PM Re: Our friends in KS, MO, TN and now OK
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Thankfully I live north of OKC, but after getting home from work yesterday, I turned on our TV just in time to see our local news reporting that a branch of Lincoln National Bank had just been demolished by a tornado. Our local GM plant was also severly damaged. They are both on the far south side of OKC.

Luckily, there were only two tellers in the bank and they were able to crawl out and are okay. The tornado yesterday afternoon took almost the same path as the devastating tornado of May 3, 1999. Several people who had only recently been able to move back into homes that were rebuilt from the 1999 tornadoes, had their new homes destroyed. The miracle in all of this, is that no one was killed in yesterday's tornado. Please keep the Lincoln NB staff in your thoughts and prayers, as well as the people who were affected by the tornado.

Return to Top