Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#78194 - 05/05/03 06:07 PM Definition of RE Application
acrandall Offline
New Poster
Currently we are having a discussion as to what constitutes the following for our Mortgage Lending Dept:

1. Preapproval
2. Prequalification
3. Completed Application
4. Withdrawn Application
5. Counteroffer
6. Denied Application (based on incomplete application)

Our process is to take the information from the consumer and enter it into our system. They could get approved at that time, however usually supporting documentation would be needed. If approved they may walk out of the office with a letter stating as such. Sometimes we may never hear from the customer again, which they are considering a w/d? We feel this is truly a denial based on incomplete application.

I guess my question is can anyone give me a generalzation about the above referenced terms, or a good reference? Thanks

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#78195 - 05/05/03 07:27 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
It cannot be considered "withdrawn" because a credit decision was made. An application can only be withdrawn prior to the credit decision.

Return to Top
#78196 - 05/07/03 02:51 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
Anonymous
Unregistered

is it really an approval or is it provided from somekind of desktop underwriter system that my require specific docs to complete the application. how can you have an actuall approval without having a complted app...so if we never hear back from the customer it is considered closed for incompletness. So my question is this a pre-qual??

Return to Top
#78197 - 05/07/03 05:45 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
JSD Offline
Platinum Poster
JSD
USA
Don't forget that if the loan request is HMDA reportable, you can only report it as an incomplete loan if you had sent the applicant a notice of incompleteness requesting the missing information by a specific date.

Return to Top
#78198 - 05/07/03 06:16 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
Anonymous
Unregistered

In our case they get a a pre-approval letter that outlines the items,, but we may not have a property,, what if we don't hear back and don't have a property to report...(this is a mortgage sub of a bank, all of our transactions would be hmda...)

Return to Top
#78199 - 05/08/03 02:22 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
I think Janet was saying that if you don't send a notice of incompleteness with a "drop dead" date you can't use the action taken code of "5" on your HMDA-LAR.

Return to Top
#78200 - 05/08/03 09:02 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our pre-approval letter does contain a drop dead date that all requested items must be received by that date or the app is closed for incompleteness..

Return to Top
#78201 - 05/09/03 07:06 PM Re: Definition of RE Application
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am also in need of some kind of definitions,, does anyone have some definitions..I have read the definitions in Reg. C, B, Z and Respa,, I need a drink after that..

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z