Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#782646 - 07/25/07 05:52 PM This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it"
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
it seems there are a lot of us in the BOL pool today who aren't feeling 100% - whether it be mental, physical, or emotional. i thought we could start a non-threatening, non-judgemental thread where we could just b!tch and not have to expect comment or solution. sometimes it just helps to get it out of you.

so, who's our first caller?

Return to Top
#782649 - 07/25/07 05:54 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Sandy Beech
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I hate my job.

Hate it.

There...I feel better

Return to Top
#782665 - 07/25/07 06:08 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" MadisonCali
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
I think there is an evil plot against me that is keeping me from losing weight

Return to Top
#782667 - 07/25/07 06:08 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" MadisonCali
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I've been stressed out lately. My dad has congestive heart failure and had some issues recently. My horse came up lame and I've been having to treat him everyday (and twice a day until a couple of days ago). And with work I feel I'm being stretched a bit thin. I would just like a couple of days to myself...

Return to Top
#782669 - 07/25/07 06:08 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" MadisonCali
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I wish I felt more exceited about work - any work. All I want to do is stay home, sleep in late, cook when I want, bike or run whenever, etc. I know I may have to look for another job after this year, but I don't want to work in an office anymore.

Return to Top
#782676 - 07/25/07 06:12 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" RR Sarah
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
even my freakin' DOG is down. she's stuck on me like we're glued together, always w/the mopey-eyed look. can't even go to the bathroom w/o her. i'm gonna have to stop by the store tonight to buy a pint of b&j's for dinner... for the dog of course...

Return to Top
#782685 - 07/25/07 06:15 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Nanwa
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
like so many, i am envious of the folks who have left this industry to pursue their passion. i am also envious that i don't have the courage to do it myself.

i like what i am doing now, but i feel like i am among strangers and at least i had friends in my past position.

and like LoisLane, the universe is conspiring to keep me chubby.

Return to Top
#782692 - 07/25/07 06:18 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Sandy Beech
Imagine Offline
Power Poster
Imagine
I don't see myself losing wait anytime soon.
I went on Betterbodz.com today and bought diet aids.

I need to detox myself from my "harmful" lifestyle.

Return to Top
#782708 - 07/25/07 06:35 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Imagine
blue Offline
Platinum Poster
My fat clothes are too tight.

Return to Top
#782710 - 07/25/07 06:37 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Imagine
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I am very unhappy at work and I am stuggling with how to deal with it. It has been suggested by friends and family that I just need to let things roll off my back, but I have never been that way. Now I don't know if it's me or the job that needs to change.

I also need to get off my duff and start exercising again. It's really hard to eat right and exercise when your spouse doesn't join you. In a few weeks he'll be back in school and then that will be his excuse, so I'll still be alone in the battle of the bulge.

I really don't like most of my family members. Is that normal? I put up with them and I am nice to them because they are family, but I don't like them as people. I'm at the point where I want to avoid family functions because they are just so ridiculious.

Return to Top
#782773 - 07/25/07 07:25 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Sing A Little
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Sing A Little - I am afraid the job ain't gonna change. Also, it is OK not to like your relatives. "You can choose your friends, not your realtives", the saying goes. I'm not crazy about mine either; we have little in common.

Return to Top
#782795 - 07/25/07 07:34 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Nanwa
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
I'm okay with stress at work and I'm okay with stress at home, but both at the same time can be overwhelming.

Okay - I'll tell the truth. I'm working on not a diet but a lifestyle change. I'm eating much better, bought a bike and I have limited myself to only one Pepsi a day. I'm down 6 pounds, but I MISS MY PEPSI.

This might not seem stressful to you, but life as I know it sucks right now.

This too shall pass. I'm hoping soon I'll be thinking "this Pepsi is too sweet".

Return to Top
#782809 - 07/25/07 07:41 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" HRH Okie Banker
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
Congrats Okie on the 6 pounds down!!! that is great. good for you.

Return to Top
#782836 - 07/25/07 07:50 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Sandy Beech
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Totally OK not to like your family....it is the friends you make and the company that you keep that become the family that you love and cherish and protect.

Return to Top
#782877 - 07/25/07 08:05 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" #Just Jay
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I have been feeling a deep underpinning of depression starting and it's getting more pronounced these last few days. Nothing in my life is unusual at the moment, same job, same job stress, same pain in the rear corporate stuff, new granddaughter on the way, new puppy I love etc, etc, etc. So, I think it's emotional/mental. I have had a couple of bouts of depression in the past but nothing this pronounced before. Before this week if I kept busy I could keep it at bay for most of the day but this week that doesn't even work, too near tears too often during the day and everything I need to do seems like a huge task. I am irriated easily and can tell something is wrong cause my language has gotten way too raunchy of late.

Guess I'll need to visit the Dr soon. Last time this happened I was about 1 year past breast cancer treatment and with some counseling it went away. Not sure that will be enough this time.

Sorry to dump on you all but glad to have someone listen

Return to Top
#782901 - 07/25/07 08:16 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" corkygirl
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Corky (and everyone else), we're always here to listen and give advice when needed or just shoulders to cry on.

I haven't been feeling myself lately either, but can't quite put my finger on it. I do miss my family since moving away 2 years ago - especially my son. That may be part of it.

Return to Top
#782910 - 07/25/07 08:20 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" corkygirl
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
Originally Posted By: corkygirl

Sorry to dump on you all but glad to have someone listen

you aren't dumping. that's why i started this thread. it's a safe haven. some people may offer advice, or they just might send along ::hugs:: but at least you know you aren't alone.

think of this as group therapy... but FREE!!!
Last edited by mag&moo; 07/25/07 08:21 PM.
Return to Top
#782925 - 07/25/07 08:25 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Sandy Beech
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Too many aggravations right now to even list them without getting depressed...so I just won't list them...but I did go get a Pepsi...a BIG ONE!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#783005 - 07/25/07 09:14 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" RR Joker
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
I am dreading a 1500 trip next month to begin the process of putting my mother somewhere safe (ie nursing home). I am depressed that the rest of the family is happy to see me do this while they stay out of the picture. They did the same thing to me 25 years ago when pops was dying of cancer.

Return to Top
#783062 - 07/25/07 09:57 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" RR Joker
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: joker
but I did go get a Pepsi...a BIG ONE!

Return to Top
#783115 - 07/25/07 11:02 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Pale Rider
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Originally Posted By: Pale Rider
I am dreading a 1500 trip next month to begin the process of putting my mother somewhere safe (ie nursing home). I am depressed that the rest of the family is happy to see me do this while they stay out of the picture. They did the same thing to me 25 years ago when pops was dying of cancer.

I'm sorry PR, we're here for you. My family is like that too, I know exactly what you're talking about. My Mom had a heart attack 4 years ago and I had to make all the decisions...heck I even drove her to the hospital (I was 28 at the time and in no way prepared for it). No one offered to help with anything, and my hubby couldn't get off of work to help me, at least I had his support via cell phone.

Return to Top
#783129 - 07/25/07 11:12 PM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Sing A Little
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
It always amazes me how usually one sibling gets stuck doing all the dirty work...
::hugs for Harry::

Return to Top
#783154 - 07/26/07 12:02 AM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Pale Rider
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin

Pale, that's a tough one, I know how you feel. You'll have a clear conscience that you did the right thing and just in case someone up there is keeping track....

We had to take care of my father in law, he was in horrible shape and pretty much left to die when my husband brought him to our home from out of state, all 95 pounds of him. My husband has 3 other siblings and is the only who works or has children and no one else could find time to take care of dad....Stubborn son of a b**ch eventually started eating and walking again and insisted on going back home! We'll see how long that lasts until he's back with us.

My complaint - I'll be out of work soon, looking for more work is a drag, everyone around me at work is depressed. And of course the weight is creeping up and I don't even drink PEPSI :D. There's nothing left to give up, well except for the beer & THAT's out of the question!!

Return to Top
#783190 - 07/26/07 01:40 AM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" Pale Rider
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country

So sorry to hear this PR. I was the one that took care of my mother at the end, I know how hard that is. My sister came up a couple of times but my brother only came just before she died. Big help he was!!

Return to Top
#783210 - 07/26/07 10:45 AM Re: This is for all of us who "aren't feeling it" corkygirl
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I am bored, I don't want to do my FDPA review... I want to go to the pool. I miss my son (he is at grandma's till Friday)...

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett