Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#788841 - 08/03/07 03:08 PM filing HMDA loans
Relax Offline
Platinum Poster
We are new to HMDA and would like some ideas from other institutions on how they are filing their HMDA loans. Are you completely seperating them to another area or are you color coding them?etc.. Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#788857 - 08/03/07 03:18 PM Re: filing HMDA loans Relax
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Are you referring to all loans or just non-dwelling secured loans that are for home improvement?

We do not file our files any differently than a non HMDA loan. To recognize the loans we use "purpose codes". All loans with a code of 140 are subject to reporting, etc. So we can pull a report on these codes if we need to pull the files. We also enter them to the LAR using the account number, so we can also pull from the LAR by account number.

We do not classify any non-dwelling secured loan as home improvement loans and we do not report them on the LAR. If you want to identify the home improvement loans you can use color file jackets, file them in a separate area or use purpose codes.

Return to Top
#788880 - 08/03/07 03:27 PM Re: filing HMDA loans Dan Persfull
Relax Offline
Platinum Poster
I am referring to all HMDA loans. We were informed by another bank that we needed to file them in a as to identify and seperate them from the others.

Return to Top
#788944 - 08/03/07 03:51 PM Re: filing HMDA loans Relax
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
We've never filed our HMDA loans separately (at either of the two banks I've worked for), and I've never heard of such a thing either!

Return to Top
#788960 - 08/03/07 03:57 PM Re: filing HMDA loans #12
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I have never heard of such a practice either. However, if they have system limitations and cannot identify the HMDA loans through their system or other means then this may be the way they identify the files. But they still should have their LAR entries to pull from.

Return to Top
#788965 - 08/03/07 04:01 PM Re: filing HMDA loans Dan Persfull
Relax Offline
Platinum Poster
Thanks for the clarification. We were a little puzzled as well when someone told us they had to be completely seperated. Thanks again.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM