Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options Tools
#79521 - 05/12/03 04:48 PM Baby News?
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
It's been awhile since we've heard from ExGovtBabe, and I seem to recall that her baby was due in May. Anyone know anything?

Return to Top
General Discussion
#79522 - 05/12/03 05:27 PM Re: Baby News?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
She's due June 13! I'm sure she will tell us as soon as she can or have someone else relay the word!

Return to Top
#79523 - 05/12/03 06:04 PM Re: Baby News?
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
My dear friend in Trust is due right about then. I've asked her to hold off until I finish the quilt, bumper padd, etc (baby crap) and the circus tent to go over the crib...but she won't do it. What's up with you women! Can't you accomidate a very busy busy busy nursery decorator by holding off a couple of months?

I keep thinking I'm going to mix up my decorating projects...the sweethearts condo in rich golds, greens and terracotta, with the circus theme in brilliant primary colors. Do blue elephants go with gold tassels?

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#79524 - 05/12/03 06:20 PM Re: Baby News?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
My personal experience is that when a woman is 8+ months pregnant, her demeanor is such that nobody wants it to go on any additional length of time. You just need to work faster.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#79525 - 05/12/03 07:03 PM Re: Baby News?
Dave M_TCA Offline
Platinum Poster
Dave M_TCA
Wherever my most benevolent em...
Quote:

...her demeanor is such that nobody wants it to go on any additional length of time...

Amen to that! (A survivor in his own right, having survived my wife's pregnancy!)

Return to Top
#79526 - 05/12/03 07:07 PM Re: Baby News?
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
I once had a customer who knew when I was about to deliver. He said he could tell because I was not my usual sweet self - I was crabby! I didn't even realize it, my poor husband!

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#79527 - 05/12/03 07:36 PM Re: Baby News?
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Try being due in April and having a person at a Christmas party ask you if you were having a Christmas baby! I sincerely sympathize with those that have to spend the last few months during the summer months. They have a right to be crabby, even if they don't realize it. Good luck to those expecting!

Return to Top
#79528 - 05/12/03 07:44 PM Re: Baby News?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I wish good luck to those who were expecting about 13 years ago. Teenagers. It is like the terrible two's only not as cute and with an attitude. I know my teenager is good in his heart, but it is his mouth that will do him in.

You try to raise a child to be polite and respectful, but sometimes....

Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#79529 - 05/12/03 07:51 PM Re: Baby News?
Mr. Clean Offline
Platinum Poster
Mr. Clean
New England
And when does the teenage mouth stop?? If I had a nickel for everytime my teenager has tried to get the last word in...

Return to Top
#79530 - 05/12/03 08:01 PM Re: Baby News?
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
My two haven't stopped yet - even though the oldest will be in his last year as a teen starting tomorrow. He graduates this Friday, and then heads for Marine boot camp in August, so we will be down to one teen in the house.

The other one just started her teen years last July - but she hasn't been too bad so far. The attitude monster only rears it's ugly head occasionally with her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it stays that way over the next four years, while she is in high school.

Return to Top
#79531 - 05/12/03 08:12 PM Re: Baby News?
Gotwood Offline
Platinum Poster
JulesB, I predict your son's mouth will become rather silent around 4am when he gets his "close shave" and first set of fatigues. I remember the first days of boot camp where all the tough talkers met their match. After a few days, some of them realized how much they missed their mommies and went home to be with them.

Return to Top
#79532 - 05/12/03 08:14 PM Re: Baby News?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Quote:

And when does the teenage mouth stop??

Beats me, my first teenager graduated from college this weekend, Yiiippppeeee!!!!! Later in the day, when I called him by name, his response was, "Yo". I just had to tell him that I thought a college graduate would have a better command of the english language than to say "Yo"!

At least he had the "smarts" to look embarrassed.

Return to Top
#79533 - 05/12/03 08:15 PM Re: Baby News?
Kara S Offline
Platinum Poster
Milwaukee, WI
Funny, I just had a conversation with my mother about my formative years as a teenager! We both did agree that as wild as I was , I was an angel compared to some of the teenagers of this era! All you parents that have teenagers right now, don't worry, in 10 years it will get better!

Return to Top
#79534 - 05/12/03 08:20 PM Re: Baby News?
LinMarie Offline
100 Club
LinMarie
I swear that if you can make it through the teenage years you can make it through anytime life can throw at you. And if your still married by then its an added bonus.

Return to Top
#79535 - 05/12/03 08:25 PM Re: Baby News?
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Dr. James Dobson, who speaks on the radio and has a TV segment one of my channels shows in the morning, spoke recently on communicating with teenagers. He likened it to a space capsule re-entering the Earth's atmosphere. For a few minutes the heat is so intense that radio communications with NASA are impossible. No matter what you do, you can't get through.

That is the teenage years. His advice, just try to get through it. It will get better when they are down to Earth.

Return to Top
#79536 - 05/12/03 08:28 PM Re: Baby News?
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Dean,
The thing is, he loves short hair, and would wear fatigues "cammos" all the time if we would let him. He really is a good guy, but can be quite the bear, if he is tired!

Return to Top
#79537 - 05/12/03 08:41 PM Re: Baby News?
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Quote:

I once had a customer who knew when I was about to deliver. He said he could tell because I was not my usual sweet self - I was crabby! I didn't even realize it, my poor husband!

How about 8 months pregnant in August heat with the FDIC compliance examiners in!!!! It just doesn't get much worse than that....(but it gave me an excuse to get crabby with them! )

Return to Top
#79538 - 05/12/03 09:12 PM Re: Baby News?
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

How about 8 months pregnant in August heat with the FDIC compliance examiners in!!!! It just doesn't get much worse than that....(but it gave me an excuse to get crabby with them! )

All it would take is one look from a woman in that situation that says "Go ahead, make my day!" to tame any examiner. I love it!

Return to Top
#79539 - 05/12/03 09:25 PM Re: Baby News?
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
I think I can speak for my wife when saying I think she would have loved to make it full term. She was on bed rest 2 months into the pregnancy and delivered at 32 week. The baby spent the first month of her life in the NICU. But she is doing well now at 13 months old and we couldn't be happier.

Return to Top
#79540 - 05/12/03 09:50 PM Re: Baby News?
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
How about 9 1/2 months in the middle of August? 25 years later and my mom still reminds me it was one of the hottest summers ever (I was 3 weeks late.)

Return to Top
#79541 - 05/12/03 10:03 PM Re: Baby News?
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
Soooo, you are in that 2% that sent a card, flowers, called, and visited your mother yesterday?

Return to Top
#79542 - 05/13/03 01:09 PM Re: Baby News?
Kansayaku Offline
Diamond Poster
metsuretsu
Quote:

I wish good luck to those who were expecting about 13 years ago. Teenagers. It is like the terrible two's only not as cute and with an attitude. I know my teenager is good in his heart, but it is his mouth that will do him in.

You try to raise a child to be polite and respectful, but sometimes....

My daughter is only eight and already acts like a teenager, attitude and all. I'm beginning to fear life in a few more years.

Ever since Harry Potter came out, she has been inquiring about going to boarding school. They have an excellent one in Bath. Oh, if only I can get a really good raise to afford the approx. $25,000 a year tuition.

Return to Top
#79543 - 05/13/03 01:36 PM Re: Baby News?
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
MARK TWAIN once gave a simple formula for working with teen-agers. He said the most effective way to deal with them was to place them in a wooden pickle barrel on their 13th birthday, nail the lid on the barrel and feed them through a knot hole.

Then, when they turn 16 you plug the hole.

Return to Top
#79544 - 05/13/03 02:09 PM Re: Baby News?
Howard Lax Offline
Gold Star
Howard Lax
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Those of us with teenagers wake up every morning saying the mantra, "Grandchildren are God's gift for not killing your kids."

Return to Top
#79545 - 05/13/03 02:14 PM Re: Baby News?
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My son will be 16 in July and I can honestly say that I don't have any trouble with him. Yes, occasionally we butt heads, but all-in-all he's a wonderful young man. I guess I'm just lucky - or delusional.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3