Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#799999 - 08/22/07 01:25 PM Residential R/E Loan- one day before closing
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
I am hoping someone can help me here, I posted in TEXAS forum with no response yet...

We are a Texas bank. There has been some confusion at my bank regarding the delivery of required documents one day prior to closing on residential loans.

We realize that RESPA & the Texas Property Code ยง53.257(a) requires us to deliver HUD1/1A loan documents to the borrower at least one day prior to closing.

Are there any other documents that must be furnished on this one day prior to closing?

And how do you provide the documents without undue stress on the borrowers (another trip into the bank)? Via mail? Do you always get a signature?

Thanks everyone!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#800115 - 08/22/07 03:01 PM Re: Residential R/E Loan- one day before closing TexasBankerGirl
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I can't speak to TX law, but RESPA only requires that you make the HUD Settlement Statement available for inspection one day before closing with the known information at that time if requested. RESPA does not require you to deliver it, only make it available. Wouldn't do much good to mail it the day before closing. If the customer requests it then we make a copy available for them to pick up.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z