Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#802985 - 08/27/07 01:40 PM BSA training
Janec Offline
Has anyone exempted departments of your bank from BSA training? I'm thinking of proof, marketing, IT, etc. Training is suppose to be job specific and we are struggling coming up with BSA training for these departments that makes sense.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#803022 - 08/27/07 02:12 PM Re: BSA training Janec
J2C Offline
Diamond Poster
Big Brother knows and that's a...
IMO, everyone should receive BSA training to some extent. Everyone in the organization has a responsibility of identifying and reporting suspicious activity if and when it occurs.

They should at least know what to look for and how to report it to the BSA Officer.

Everyone here gets the training, no one is exempt.

Return to Top
#803030 - 08/27/07 02:18 PM Re: BSA training J2C
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
I agree with Jenny. EVERYONE must have some sort of BSA training (SAR's for instance). No department is exempt. Even the janitor needs to know to report suspicious activity.

Return to Top
#803051 - 08/27/07 02:36 PM Re: BSA training Janec
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
It's a chorus, everyone needs to have basic BSA and AML training and understand their responsibilities to report suspicious activity.

Marketing should understand CIP and due diligence so they don't get anxious to waive things when customers complain or they suddenly get inspired to open accounts via the Internet. They also need to appreciate the fact that the information gained in these efforts can be put to good use in targeting sales.

"IT" doesn't describe a homogeneous group to me, but whomever is responsible for data processing needs to know what types of information would help you identify suspicious activity and where your systems are strong and where they could be improved.

It would be bad karma to use the word "exempt." You may be able to say that some groups only get the core modules on BSA and AML (including reporting suspicious activity).

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z