Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#804801 - 08/29/07 03:03 PM Contact List
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
When developing your disaster recovery employee contact list, what information did you include on the list? Did you include home phone numbers, cell phone numbers, home street addresses, and email addresses? Did you include anything else?

Is there a master list of this information, or does only the individual responsible for contacting a particular group of employees have the information?

Return to Top
Disaster Recovery
#805013 - 08/29/07 04:51 PM Re: Contact List Bagweaver
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
We included everything you listed and provided a copy of the list to all members of the DR team.

Return to Top
#805016 - 08/29/07 04:51 PM Re: Contact List Bagweaver
Titanic Offline
Gold Star
Titanic
My Workplace
We have included:
Home address
Home Phone Number
Cell Number
Emergency contact info

The master list is held by our HR Director, copies are provided to Department Heads & DR Plan Coordinator.

Return to Top
#805037 - 08/29/07 05:06 PM Re: Contact List Bagweaver
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
My list includes everything you mentioned, and nothing else - Name, address, phone number, cell phone number and email address. In addition, I also used different formatting to indicate "position". That is, all members of senior management had their names in bold italics, all officer had their names in bold, and regular employees had no special formatting.

We are only one branch, and all of our employees know everyone else and who everyone is, but you never know when that sort of information might be handy.

I also maintain a separate list of detailed contact information for all members of the board of directors, which includes the same information above, but also includes addresses and phone numbers of vacation homes, work phone numbers, etc.

The only people who have this list are those who are on the disaster recovery team / those who have copies of the DRP.

Return to Top
#805055 - 08/29/07 05:23 PM Re: Contact List KrisH
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Thanks everyone. I did not want this included in our DR procedures, but be a separate listing to be maintained by the heads of the team.

Return to Top
#805155 - 08/29/07 06:59 PM Re: Contact List Bagweaver
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
I realize as I am just now rereading my post, that it implies that only the contact list for the Board is restricted to the DR Team. In fact, both the employee listing and the board listing are restricted only to Team members.

Return to Top
#806537 - 08/30/07 08:38 PM Re: Contact List KrisH
Kevin Martin Offline
PA
How do I convince my HR admin. that an emergency contact list is vital and not a violation of employee privacy?

Return to Top
#806637 - 08/30/07 09:59 PM Re: Contact List Kevin Martin
califgirl Offline
Diamond Poster
califgirl
The O.C., California
From the FFIEC Exam Procedures

Objective 2: Determine the existence of an appropriate enterprise-wide business continuity plan (BCP).
1. Review the written BCP(s) and verify that the BCP(s):

Include(s) emergency preparedness and crisis management aspects:
- Has an accurate employee/manager contact tree

----------------

Was a representative of HR included in the development of your plan? How do they think that anything will be done if no one has contact info in case of an emergency?

Return to Top
#807240 - 08/31/07 04:58 PM Re: Contact List califgirl
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
I don't even get the information from HR, I get it from the employees themselves. I gave everyone a form to complete requesting the info, explaining why I was requesting it, and assuring them that the information would be restricted to only those who were on the DR team. I also periodically distribute "update" forms to everyone, which has their current information, and ask them to update with any changes (new cell #, new email, etc).

Of course, this is easy for me, as there's only 40 of us in total, so I realize this method is not feasible in a larger organization.

Return to Top
#807633 - 08/31/07 07:22 PM Re: Contact List KrisH
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
I'm in the process of updating our employee information. HR had not requested cell phone numbers and email addresses previously so I'll share that information. The next time it's updated, HR will handle it with the added requests and share with me. HR will also provide me with all of the information whenever we have a new employee.

We also are a small bank with fewer than 40 employees.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Dana Turner