Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#80511 - 05/15/03 03:07 PM LaserPro - Heloc Priliminary Disclosure Statement
1111 Offline
Platinum Poster
There is confusion here as to what disclosures are required relating to Heloc loans. LaserPro has a "HOME EQUITY APPLICATION DISCLOSURE" that is now being used as a "PRELIMINARY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT." Is that correct?

The "PRELIMINARY DISCLOSURE STATEMENT" form is used related to fixed chosed end loans at this time.

It there an overview of home equity loan disclosures posted?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#80512 - 05/15/03 04:07 PM Re: LaserPro - Heloc Priliminary Disclosure Statement
Anonymous
Unregistered

We do not use the Laser Pro early disclosure, but I'm sure they're talking about the early disclosure under 226.5b, which must be given at application or within 3 days of application and contains descriptions of your plans, the historical tables, etc. The other "disclosure", required under 226.6 is the agreement signed at closing. I hope this helps.

Return to Top
#80513 - 05/15/03 07:41 PM Re: LaserPro - Heloc Priliminary Disclosure Statement
Wonderland Offline
New Poster
Wonderland
California
Has your bank purchased the "Application" module from Laser Pro? If so, there is a HELOC early disclosure in that module. If you're just using their closing docs, then you don't have access to their early HELOC disclosure, and will need to create your own.

Return to Top
#80514 - 05/15/03 10:15 PM Re: LaserPro - Heloc Priliminary Disclosure Statement
tjbanker Offline
Gold Star
We use this early disclosure for our customers. What are your procedures if you perform an audit and find there is no copy in the file for your records but the Officer states that he indeed had the customer sign it and the customer must have left with it leaving no copy for the bank? Thanks for any answers.

Return to Top
#80515 - 05/15/03 10:20 PM Re: LaserPro - Heloc Priliminary Disclosure Statement
Cowboys Fan Offline
Power Poster
SC
Set up Laser Pro to print 2 copies of the document. I'm not sure about the Early Disclosure but you can set up multiple copies of most loan docs in Laser Pro and have "copy" printed on the signature line of the one for the customer to take with them.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z