Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#804555 - 08/29/07 03:53 AM Only 12 years old
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Please include our family in your prayers. I’ve been on the phone this afternoon with my daughter-in-law. My grandson’s best friend, who was 12 years old , committed suicide this morning. I can’t fathom how someone so young can decide to end their life. My grandson is devastated and can’t understand, and blames himself for not figuring out that something was wrong in Noah’s life. My daughter-in-law and son are also devastated. Noah’s dad is in Iraq and this child has been a permanent fixture in their home for over a year. They’re just all in shock. This is the 2nd suicide that has touched our lives this year. My daughter had a good friend who was 17 kill himself this summer. I just don’t understand. Anyway, please include them in your prayers.

Return to Top
#804561 - 08/29/07 10:43 AM Re: Only 12 years old deppfan
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
OMG, that is terribly sad. My thoughts and prayers are twtih you and all who are affected by this tragedy.

Return to Top
#804563 - 08/29/07 11:23 AM Re: Only 12 years old Retired DQ
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
How tragic!! Prayers coming from New England!!!!

::hugs::

Return to Top
#804565 - 08/29/07 11:35 AM Re: Only 12 years old Sandy Beech
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
This is tragic news. What could possibly be so horrible in a 12 year old's life that he has to end it. My prayers are headed your way.

Return to Top
#804568 - 08/29/07 11:49 AM Re: Only 12 years old Skittles
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
My thoughts and prayers are with your and Noah's family. Such a tragedy.

Return to Top
#804572 - 08/29/07 12:01 PM Re: Only 12 years old TINKerBell
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
This stuff is so sad. Prayers to all.

Return to Top
#804625 - 08/29/07 01:08 PM Re: Only 12 years old pjs
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
Poor child! Who knows what convoluted thought processes brought him to this point? Will definitely keep your family and his in my prayers.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#804635 - 08/29/07 01:18 PM Re: Only 12 years old waldensouth
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
God bless the family; young people should not be so without hope or help

Return to Top
#804695 - 08/29/07 02:15 PM Re: Only 12 years old deppfan
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
deppfan, I'll pray too. This happened to my son when he was about the same age. A buddy of his who lived just around the corner apparently couldn't face the pressure of starting school again and took his life. This kind of senseless tragedy is really hard on everyone that's caught in it's rippling effect.

Return to Top
#804702 - 08/29/07 02:21 PM Re: Only 12 years old deppfan
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
Prayers coming from Texas-for your family, Noah's family and especially his father in Iraq. I can only imagine what impact this will have on him so far away.

Return to Top
#804716 - 08/29/07 02:33 PM Re: Only 12 years old mck401
doobydoobydoo Offline
Power Poster
doobydoobydoo
Basking in the Cool Weather
Thats is terrible....
Prayers coming from the NO

Return to Top
#804734 - 08/29/07 02:49 PM Re: Only 12 years old deppfan
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Oh E,
Oh this is terrible. And I am sorry. I will do my best to hold you up in prayer. I am so sorry.

Return to Top
#805121 - 08/29/07 06:24 PM Re: Only 12 years old QCL
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
How very sad...prayers from the west coast.

Return to Top
#805238 - 08/29/07 08:15 PM Re: Only 12 years old deppfan
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I'm so sorry, this will be such a difficult time for your grandson and both families. Those left behind can not understand or comprehend the pain that poor child must have been in and now have to deal with their own pain. So tragic all the way around. Prayers and warm thoughts for all coming from Illinois.

Return to Top
#805263 - 08/29/07 08:34 PM Re: Only 12 years old corkygirl
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
My prayers are added to the above. I have a good friend whose son committed suicide at 13. That was the HARDEST funeral ever. They never saw it coming, he was one of the happiest kids I knew, obviously hiding some pain that none of us will ever understand. So tragic.

Return to Top
#805519 - 08/29/07 11:48 PM Re: Only 12 years old Beagles22
deppfan Offline
Power Poster
All over the map.
Pass Out "game"

Officials have now ruled his death as accidental. I guess the article above is what they think happened to him. Either way, it's horrible. My grandson refuses to sleep alone right now, and finally ate a PBJ sandwich tonight. My son is taking him to a counselor this evening, along with my 9 yr. old grandson. His mother refuses to believe it was a suicide, and my kids just don't know what to think. My grandson swears that he knows nothing about this "game" and that he never talked about playing it, or about being upset over anything. He was on some type of ADD medication, but we don't know what, and what the potential side effects are. I am by no means sheltered, but I have never heard of this. My daughter knew immediately what it was when we talked about it today. She is still reeling from the suicide of a friend this summer.

His father has made it back to the states from Iraq, but hadn't made it home this evening. Again, please pray for all involved. It's going to be a long haul for them.

Return to Top
#805522 - 08/29/07 11:50 PM Re: Only 12 years old deppfan
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I've heard about this, DF...kids don't know any better and parents aren't educated about these silly games kids "play"...

Sad news...

Return to Top
#806086 - 08/30/07 04:29 PM Re: Only 12 years old Mrs. Rizzo
Seadevil Offline
Gold Star
Missouri
deppfan

Unfortunately I know of the game you linked. Stupidly I did this about 30+ years ago. At that time, a person would take 10 deep breaths, on the tenth one you hold it and try to expel the air creating as much pressure as possible. I was very lucky, only ended up with 7 stitches in my head after passing out and hitting a table. Not knowing the potential outcome, I look back and realize what an idiot I was. Due to my actions, the school became very aware what was going on and I ended up being the poster child for things not to do. Back then no one spoke of how this could kill a person, just the side affects of what could happen if you pass out while standing up.

I pray that your grandchild will pass through this tragedy quickly.

Return to Top
#806109 - 08/30/07 04:51 PM Re: Only 12 years old Seadevil
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
Oh that is so tragic. Prayers are coming for your family and theirs. There were children in Boise (previously from Idaho) that lost their life due this 'game' a few years ago. Terrible.

Return to Top
#806115 - 08/30/07 04:54 PM Re: Only 12 years old Countess Kiwi
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
Thanks for the link depfan - my daughter and I are going to have a little talk this evening.

This is a tragedy, my prayers are with the families touched by this.

Return to Top
#807101 - 08/31/07 03:47 PM Re: Only 12 years old thomasj
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Oh, such a tragedy. You have my thoughts and prayers.

Return to Top
#807317 - 08/31/07 05:30 PM Re: Only 12 years old P*Q
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
What a terrible thing. Depp Fan, we'll be praying for comfort for your family and for Noah's family during this difficult situation. From the Bible:

"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you" Isaiah 41:13

Return to Top
#807922 - 09/01/07 02:56 AM Re: Only 12 years old Quadspapa
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
I didn't think kids were still playing this game. There were several cases in the news a few years ago...

Prayers for your family. Hopefully the counseling will help your grandson through this terrible experience.

Return to Top
#808052 - 09/03/07 01:58 AM Re: Only 12 years old wavewatcher
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Dep, the game was actually my first thought when I heard this. There have been a couple kids in KC that have died this way. I wish the schools would send something home to the parents on the dangers of this and what to look for.

I will keep his family in my thoughts.

Return to Top
#808285 - 09/04/07 03:45 PM Re: Only 12 years old CRAatBOK
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Mentioned this to my (21-year old) son yesterday. He said they played it in middle school, however one kid, who was an honor student, apparently suffered brain damage and suddenly wasn't so smart anymore as a result...after that the punsihment for participating in "the game" became extremely severe and it fizzled out...he didn't realize it was still done either. You would think the schools would send out educational material on this type of destructive activity...apparently they were very aware of it.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett