Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#805620 - 08/30/07 05:17 AM 4 Hour Interview???
SD_Girl Offline
SD_Girl
Happiest place on Earth, CA
I am an ex-manager for a small bank who is moving and applying for jobs all over. I got an interview with a relatively large bank who explained to me that my upcoming interview would last at least 4 hours long (this is for a Customer Service Rep position..). What on earth is there to talk about for 4 hours? Anyone experienced an interview like this? Any tips? Ahh!

Return to Top
General Discussion
#805698 - 08/30/07 12:56 PM Re: 4 Hour Interview??? SD_Girl
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
Sure....mine have included talking with an HR rep, the department head, and either another department head, or a group interview with the potential peer group.

There may also be some time set aside for skills or compatibility testing.

Return to Top
#805738 - 08/30/07 01:22 PM Re: 4 Hour Interview??? #Just Jay
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
For my current position, my first round of interviews was 6 hours, met with HR, immediate boss, 2 SVPs, and 4 peer managers. 2nd round was 4 hours, included 2 EVPs and 2 SVPs. 3rd interview as EVP by phone, but only lasted 30 minutes.

Return to Top
#805766 - 08/30/07 01:41 PM Re: 4 Hour Interview??? HappyGilmore
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
There may also be some written testing to check your applicability to the job duties.

Return to Top
#805975 - 08/30/07 03:46 PM Re: 4 Hour Interview??? LoisLane
tpowers4 Offline
100 Club
St. Louis
If it's for a CSR position, it is likely that you will not be the only applicant at the interview. Sometimes they are like cattle calls. The HR rep will explain to the group what the job entails and outline the wonders of joining their stellar organization. Then you sit in a room while each of you are called in for screening interviews with the HR rep (who has never held the type of position you're applying for), and maybe a representative from the division your applying to. If your lucky, you will be told that you will be coming back for a second interview with the unit manager, and sent back to the other room. They will then come out, after an hour or so, and tell the group that you will contacted in a week or two to tell you if they want another interview. This is done so no one feels bad. Of course those that were told in the interview room feel great while those poor souls who were not told in the interview room still feel hopeful.

Think I've gone through this scenario a time or two?

Return to Top
#806035 - 08/30/07 04:06 PM Re: 4 Hour Interview??? tpowers4
SD_Girl Offline
SD_Girl
Happiest place on Earth, CA
Wow... what a difference from my first job!! Well, thank you so much for all of your input. At least I sort of know what to expect (and now have more reason to feel paranoid until Tuesday!)

Thank you!!

Return to Top