Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#807990 - 09/01/07 08:57 PM Sorry, Michigan fans!
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Your quest for the national championship has ended. Go Buckeyes!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#808037 - 09/02/07 11:44 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! grmasterb
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
I don't necessarily like The Buckeyes, but I can say with much conviction that I CANNOT STAND Michigan....it's personal. I was absolutely jubilant Saturday with my leg propped up on the pillow with ice on it, unable to walk, watching Michigan lose. Biggest smile on my face in two weeks!!

Return to Top
#808039 - 09/03/07 12:31 AM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Pup
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Now, I am not rootin for any particular team at this point, and my grasp of the college level is less than the pros. But given that the Wolverines have lost one game, is it not possible that the other top seeds will also lose, putting Michigan right back into the quest for the National Title?

Return to Top
#808048 - 09/03/07 01:27 AM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! TheManofSteel
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Fella, it's a 1-AA team.

Return to Top
#808049 - 09/03/07 01:32 AM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Jokerman
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
Oh, so given that they lost to a team in a weaker division, that really lowers their power ranking? But if USC, LSU, Ohio State, and the other top ranks lose at least 1 game to a Div 1-AA or smaller, does that reset the rankings?

Return to Top
#808055 - 09/03/07 02:10 AM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! TheManofSteel
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Well, I don't know the BCS formula - whether this game even counts - but, as far as the polls, it's going to blow them out of the water. And, I would be very surprised if any other power schools lose to a 1-AA (or, more correctly now, the "Championship Subdivision").

Return to Top
#808073 - 09/03/07 03:37 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Jokerman
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
yes, but we still play "Oh How I Hate" Ohio State, so the Big 10 title is still in the picture, and then the Rose Bowl

Return to Top
#808079 - 09/03/07 06:16 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Pale Rider
TINKerBell Offline
Power Poster
TINKerBell
Tiger's Den!
I second Pale's sentiments!

Return to Top
#808136 - 09/04/07 01:19 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! TINKerBell
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
That's what they get for picking a team that is traditionally at the top of the lesser division to play for their cake game to start the season. Come on, Appalachian is better than Youngstown who OSU played by a long shot.

That being said, the only thing "Big Blue" has to look forward to is putting a bad ending on OSU's season by beating them. That means this year's big game should be fun to watch.

Return to Top
#808139 - 09/04/07 01:25 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! B_F
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: Bengalsfan

That being said, the only thing "Big Blue" has to look forward to is putting a bad ending on OSU's season by beating them. That means this year's big game should be fun to watch.

And with Lloyd Carr's 1-5 record vs. Jim Tressell, it isn't looking good for the maize and blue.

Return to Top
#808143 - 09/04/07 01:27 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Jokerman
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb
Well, I don't know the BCS formula - whether this game even counts - but, as far as the polls, it's going to blow them out of the water. And, I would be very surprised if any other power schools lose to a 1-AA (or, more correctly now, the "Championship Subdivision").

i thought it was called the playoff division... but who cares.. Michigan sucks, the big 10 sucks.

Return to Top
#808624 - 09/04/07 07:22 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! X O
Pop Pop Offline
Florida
I believe that App St is the 2 time defending champion of 1-AA which means that Michigan should have beaten them but should not take them lightly. Apparently the players for App St thought they could win and did not take Michigan lightly.

Ohio State beat a Youngstown team that lost to the champion App St in the semi-final game last year.

Both teams are the best of the best in their division and cannot be taken lightly by any 1-A national contender. If you go asleep against them they will beat you.

I also believe the 1-AA teams are made tougher because unlike the division 1-A teams where with the right P.R. you are voted to the top status which earns you the right to the championship game, the 1-AA teams have a playoff system where they must play the best of their division to earn the right into the big game.

The BCS rankings lost their legitimacy when they began allowing the press and the coaches’ polls have way too much influence in the rankings.

Go Seminoles and Go Buckeyes

Return to Top
#808904 - 09/05/07 12:19 AM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Pop Pop
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
PR, you forgot Wisconsin......

As for the thought that Michigan can rebound from this and contend for a National Title......nope.

They are now out of the Top 25 in the AP Poll. With the number of quality of teams ahead of them, I seriously doubt that they'll overcome ALL of them. They still have to beat some pretty decent teams to even finish with a "respectable" ranking. I'd put them finishing at about #15 by the end of the season, at best.

They can still play in a BCS bowlgame by running the table and winning the Big Ten, but OSU and Wisconsin are both pretty strong teams, currently ranked #12 and #5/6, respectively.

Return to Top
#808926 - 09/05/07 03:48 AM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! X O
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Originally Posted By: Xodus...
Originally Posted By: Tom Thumb

i thought it was called the playoff division... but who cares.. Michigan sucks, the big 10 sucks.

I think it's bowl subdivision and championship subdivision. But, you're right that it is a playoff format, as opposed to the BCS.

Return to Top
#810261 - 09/06/07 04:29 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Jokerman
TheManofSteel Offline
10K Club
TheManofSteel
Fortress of Solitude
In the college ranks, I really have no team that I am hung up for like in the pros. I see the fanfare paid by so many to college teams, of course probably from alumni, but I consider myself a fan of the sport more in college.

That said, I find the southeast conference to be the most fun and competitive, although the emotion seems to run very high in the Big 10 and I think Pac 10 (is it still called this?)

Now, as far as shoot out offense, the conference that Hawaii is in, WAC, looks like the old AFL of the 1960's with the non-stop passing and bombs.

Return to Top
#810265 - 09/06/07 04:31 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! TheManofSteel
Kronott Offline
Gold Star
Kronott
The best passing offense in the nation is in the Big 12!!!! Wreck'em Tech!

Return to Top
#811983 - 09/10/07 12:28 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Kronott
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Got to feel sorry for those fans in Ann Arbor right now (and I mean that sincerely, but with a big smile on my face). It's no fun to watch your team fall apart. We went through that a few years ago. This Saturday's game will be interesting - the battle of the 0&2's - Michigan and Notre Dame. Let's Go Nittany Lions!

Return to Top
#812017 - 09/10/07 01:32 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Snow Bunny
B_F Offline
Power Poster
B_F
Cincinnati, OH
Originally Posted By: Pooh
Got to feel sorry for those fans in Ann Arbor right now (and I mean that sincerely, but with a big smile on my face). It's no fun to watch your team fall apart. We went through that a few years ago. This Saturday's game will be interesting - the battle of the 0&2's - Michigan and Notre Dame. Let's Go Nittany Lions!

I can't believe both Michigan and Notre Dame are 0-2. Two normally tough programs both having embarrasing seasons thus far.

Return to Top
#812288 - 09/10/07 05:44 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! B_F
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
The teams that have inpressed me so far are:

LSU
Florida
Okalahoma
USC
and the last two quarters for Texas.

Return to Top
#812296 - 09/10/07 05:50 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Sound Tactic
X O Offline
Diamond Poster
X O
the maelstrom
first time ever Bengalsfan that both schools have started out 0-2. can they play to a tie this weekend?

Return to Top
#812297 - 09/10/07 05:50 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! B_F
arye Offline
Gold Star
arye
Ohio
Michigan...overlooking Appalachian State and losing a close game...player execution. Laying an egg and getting destroyed at home the very next week by Oregon? Coaching. They should have been prepared and ready to make a statement. The team wasn't prepared...that's the coaches fault.

Notre Dame...and anyone is suprised by their start??? 2-6 will be the best case scenario for them to start the year...I only wish ND and Mich could tie this week...can't stand to see either win.

GO BUCKS! (Although we've got our work cut out against Wash this week...I'm not sold on our offence one bit)

Return to Top
#812310 - 09/10/07 06:04 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! arye
grmasterb Offline
Diamond Poster
grmasterb
Indiana
Originally Posted By: arye
Michigan...overlooking Appalachian State and losing a close game...player execution. Laying an egg and getting destroyed at home the very next week by Oregon? Coaching. They should have been prepared and ready to make a statement. The team wasn't prepared...that's the coaches fault.

Notre Dame...and anyone is suprised by their start??? 2-6 will be the best case scenario for them to start the year...I only wish ND and Mich could tie this week...can't stand to see either win.

GO BUCKS! (Although we've got our work cut out against Wash this week...I'm not sold on our offence one bit)

No doubt about the Ohio State offense. FIVE turnovers? Oh well, it's a young team, and we're rebuilding.

Odds that Carr is fired on the spot if they lose to ND this Saturday?

Return to Top
#812319 - 09/10/07 06:20 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! grmasterb
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
He may get lynched on the spot if they lose.

Return to Top
#812321 - 09/10/07 06:22 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! Sinatra Fan
*BUSTER* Offline
Power Poster
*BUSTER*
In hades.
I heard they are planning on bringing tar and feathers...

I never finish anyth

Return to Top
#812403 - 09/10/07 07:59 PM Re: Sorry, Michigan fans! *BUSTER*
MrsSparky Offline
New Poster
Iowa
All I've got to say is GO HAWKEYES (did you see the sea of Black & Gold in Soldier Stadium last weekend?)! And, yes, I would go into hysterical fits of laughter if there were any way that Michigan and Notre Dame could end up in a tie come this weekend.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2