Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#810660 - 09/06/07 08:14 PM Re: Input pretty please RR Becca
MyKidsMom Offline
Platinum Poster
MyKidsMom
TEXAS
One thought, do you plan on having kids of your own?

Return to Top
#810674 - 09/06/07 08:19 PM Re: Input pretty please MyKidsMom
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Not sure yet, why?

Return to Top
#810928 - 09/07/07 12:51 PM Re: Input pretty please RR Becca
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
We are trying to get preggers currently. That's one of the reasons we really need to make sure this makes sense. OUr gut reaction is OMG let's just go get her right now. However, knowing this is Faiths life and our lives, we just really want to make sure that we have addresses everything we can think of before making such a huge commitment. We're both feeling more and more confident about things. We'll most likely be talking to Wendy and Scott this weekend.

It's funny - you know if a movie when someone asks God for a sign and then all of a sudden things just start happening? That's exactly what's going on in our lives right now. It's pretty amazing!!!

I let Mike read all of your posts last night and he mentioned that everyone at his work had said just about the same thing! Everything has just been so positive!

This is just so huge and we're trying to.....I don't know what we're trying to do. Shock and awe and a bit scared. Excited scared, but back to shock and awe. It's hard to believe this could be a reality soon!!

**Joker - the lizard thing about made me spit!!! LOL!!! Yep, my little sis is also adopted from another family. I've never thought of her as anything other than my sister. (bratty little often proceeded that for many years) And my parents were always my parents. We so lucky!!!

Return to Top
#811067 - 09/07/07 02:37 PM Re: Input pretty please Beige
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
We'll be looking forward to finding out how things go over the weekend. YOu sound very excited! Life decisions can be so hard...but your heart is certainly in the right place!

It sounds as if we have a lot in common Doc...(you shocked me with your new name!) Since we're all somewhat near each other...one day those of us around the GA/FL area should get together...a fishing trip would be fine with me!

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#811352 - 09/07/07 05:05 PM Re: Input pretty please RR Joker
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
I'm in! That's sounds awesome!!!

Return to Top
#813107 - 09/11/07 07:05 PM Re: Input pretty please Beige
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Well, here's the weekend update. Mike and I called his mom, Wendy, Saturday morning to see if she and Scott could go to lunch. He told her that we needed to talk about something and no we weren't preggers. She said, OK - how about between 12:30 and 1. Of course she was really curious as to what we wanted to talk about.

So, she calls back about 10 minutes later and says, "I'm really curious and NO YOU'RE NOT ADOPTING FAITH!!!"

We were STUNNED!!!! Not so much because she had figured it out, although we had never said anything about it to either of them before, but because she was so adament and mean about it!! OK - I was stunned, Mike was kinda expecting it.

She goes on to tell us that we can afford it, our house isn't big enough, we'd be wrecking Sierra's life, yadda, yadda yadda!!! I got so p*ssed!!! It takes me a lot to be pushed over the edge, but I finally said, So, someone else's family is fine, but ours isn't good enough?" (Hubby was SCHOCKED - in a good way)! She, of course got really defensive - it was horrible!!! Mike told her that we didn't want to have this conversation on the phone. Strange, she really want's us to have a baby - weird!!!

When they hung up, Mike called Scott, thank God, the voice of reason! We had a nice conversation - he mentioned that they had talked about the possibility before and that Wendy has some SERIOUS control issues. DUH!!!! He said let's let things cool down a bit and see what happens.

We had to go pick up the girls (Faith did still stay with us on Saturday). I REALLY did not want to go - to see her - to talk to her! But....I also was not going to let her think that I had backed down. So we went with big happy smiles one, made nice happy talk about everything else and then invited them to dinner.

We had an awesome time with the girls. Sunday we found out from Scott that heand Wendy had talked that morning and it still wasn't off the table. We could talk more about it at some point. Wendy didn't say a thing about it.

So........more waiting!!! BLAHHHHH!!!!

Return to Top
#813142 - 09/11/07 07:26 PM Re: Input pretty please Beige
Sandy Beech Offline
Power Poster
Sandy Beech
^i^
whew! you try to do a nice thing... good for you to keep in there. you sound like you are doing the right things. thanks for the update.

:hugs:

Return to Top
#813177 - 09/11/07 07:47 PM Re: Input pretty please Sandy Beech
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Hang in there and see what happens. It seems that Wendy's logic is a little flawed right now (you can't afford adoption, but you can afford a newborn) and maybe she just needs some time to see the benefits in this situation.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett