BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#812548 - 09/10/07 10:35 PM Re: Missing monitoring information Truffle Royale
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Originally Posted By: Truffle Royale
Originally Posted By: tickledpink
I totally agree with David. Why would you want to waste time calling/contacting "denied" customers. Next time the LO's make this mistake hit them in their pockets I guarantee they will get it right the next time.

Why? Because examiners review your BANK, not individual LOs. If the examinors find the information is missing, your bank is on the chopping block. Make the LO do the contacting and apologizing to teach them the lesson, if you like (or can) but get the information and don't leave blanks on your LAR. That's my job.

I'm not taking a tar and feathering for responding to a much stronger comment about how to handle LOs who make errors. Please reread the ENTIRE post rather than just lifting a piece and everyone jumping on a bandwagon I never even hitched up. Leaving out the underlined section corrupts the entire meaning of my post.

Quote:
Sadly, this is why so many compliance officers have adverse relationships with the rest of the bank's personnel. We see it all the time. (I'm sure that statement didn't win me any friends here at BOL). Remember, you're on a Team. It's not "you against them."

Yes, I am taking this personally, David, and I resent the implication. I came here nearly five years ago under much the same circumstances as Dan and I've ended up in pretty much the same position. I don't deal face to face with loan officers making my job even more difficult than someone who's in the same office and has the ability to just walk up and ask for gmi or whatever.

Like Dan, I had the support of my VP and together we worked to train and align everyone from the top to the frontline on the same page so now I stand proud with my entire team knowing we're doing it right.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#812871 - 09/11/07 03:41 PM Re: Missing monitoring information Truffle Royale
tickledpink Offline
I was under the impression that this site was to share business ideas/thoughts/success/failures "professionally". Why would someone take this personally??

Stop beating a dead horse. We have shared ideas that obviously work for some and not for others. Let the readers decide for themselves. I believe David's comments are 100% accurate, IMO.

I have three more words for this post, "GET OVER IT".

Return to Top
#2030628 - 07/29/15 09:10 PM Re: Missing monitoring information trail hiker
Newbie06 Offline
Platinum Poster
I know this post is very old, but it kind of fits my denial situation. My application was taken face-to-face but only the husband was present since the wife had to work. Would we complete the co-borrowers monitoring information with "Information not provided by applicant in mail, Internet, or telephone application"? The lender did indicate near the monitoring information section "Not Present," referring to the wife.

I feel this is correct but just want to make sure.

Return to Top
#2030644 - 07/29/15 10:03 PM Re: Missing monitoring information DownSouth1
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
You should have the GMI on the husband and the husband could complete the GMI for the wife. If he didn't, you could document that wife was not present - like you did.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM