Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#812651 - 09/11/07 01:00 PM Wealth Management Advertising
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Is an advertisement of Wealth Management Services that does not contain a specific NDIP product considered an NDIP ad? If not, where can I find the guidance? I have reviewed the available NDIP guidelines including examiner’s manuals and I have searched this site to no avail. Thank you for your assistance.

Return to Top
Marketing
#814169 - 09/12/07 09:16 PM Re: Wealth Management Advertising Last Mango
BSA Therapy Offline
100 Club
BSA Therapy
I don't know that there is a definitive answer on this. If there is, I haven't found it.

Is your Wealth Management Services an area of the bank? If so, I would include the disclosures. It will help eliminate any confusion.

Is it a wholly seperate entity whose name has nothing to do with the bank? Well, if there's no tie back to the bank, which holds the FDIC insured deposits, I may leave it off of a generic ad that doesn't mention products.

Good luck!

Return to Top
#814303 - 09/13/07 11:56 AM Re: Wealth Management Advertising BSA Therapy
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Thanks Plugged In. Our operations are within the bank structure. My thought was to require the disclosures as a precaution but I know this will cause a flap.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, MoneyMaker