Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#814133 - 09/12/07 08:48 PM Wealth Management Ads
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
No luck with this in the Marketing section . . .

Is an advertisement of Wealth Management Services that does not contain a specific NDIP product considered an NDIP ad? If not, where can I find the guidance? I have reviewed the available NDIP guidelines including examiner’s manuals and I have searched this site to no avail. Thank you for your assistance.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#814600 - 09/13/07 04:40 PM Re: Wealth Management Ads Last Mango
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You may have to define for us the products being offered. Are they all not insured or are some FDIC insured? You may need a disclaimer as to which, or both, are applicable.

"We offer high yield checking account insured by the FDIC. ...And a number of products available are NOT, NOT, MAY."

(I'm thinking out loud here and would consider this if the ad is general in nature and not product specific.)
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#814748 - 09/13/07 07:37 PM Re: Wealth Management Ads Andy_Z
Last Mango Offline
Gold Star
Too Far From the Beach
Thanks for responding Andy. The ad is general without specifying any product. For instance, "Our WM services are great because we have nice people!" (Not our real ad.) In our operations we make a distinction between NDIP sales and WM. WM involves services such as estate planning, retirement planning etc. Those people do not sell NDIP products . . . we have another group that takes care of sales. I looked at several large bank websites to see if any were using the NDIP disclosures on pages that advertised WM but did not contain NDIP products. Two had disclosures and two did not.

Return to Top