Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#815139 - 09/14/07 01:17 PM Who performs compliance risk assessment?
butercup Offline
butercup
I need some clarification. Should the compliance department be performing the compliance risk assessment or should internal audit do it? Right now there is a very blurry line between what compliance should be doing and what internal audit should do. Currently, Internal audit completes an annual risk assessment that includes the compliance side. I feel like compliance should conduct their own risk assessment and develop a review schedule from that. Right now, the only reviews that get done are my audits. I think Internal audit should include compliance as a whole on the audit risk assessment and conduct an audit of the entire compliance department on an annual basis.

What do other banks do?

Return to Top
Audit
#817128 - 09/18/07 03:49 PM Re: Who performs compliance risk assessment? butercup
ahou Offline
Power Poster
ahou
We have an IA for safety & soundness audits and an IA for compliance audits. The Compliance auditor does a compliance risk assessment and designs an audit schedule from that assessment. The previous bank I worked for did the same.

Return to Top
#817188 - 09/18/07 04:31 PM Re: Who performs compliance risk assessment? ahou
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
The Compliance Officer performs the compliance RA ands the IA does the IA risk assessment forhis area. The Audit & Compliance Committee approves both annually.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z