Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#818469 - 09/19/07 07:41 PM Re: Phobias? Nanwa
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
I saw an ad once for one of those emergency hammers to break the windshield with, but have not been able to find them in any stores so far.

Nanois, my mom bought these for each of us kids and all spouses/significant others 2 Christmases ago... I thought it was a pretty weird gift, but I shall ask her where she got them and let you know lol.

Edited to add: In the same box (the gift), we each received some fancy schmancy cutting device that will hack right through your seatbelt to allow you to escape PLUS one of those shiny metallic looking blankets that help hold heat in, in event of an emergency - it looks like it was leftover from the Roswell crash. I asked her if she'd been reading Nostradamus or something, but she just believes in being well prepared, I guess....
Last edited by BurntSienna; 09/19/07 07:43 PM.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#818471 - 09/19/07 07:41 PM Re: Phobias? *BUSTER*
Simply Sheldon Offline
Diamond Poster
Simply Sheldon
S.E. TX
O that reminds me, I'm also scared of... Clowns and Wal Mart greeters!!!!

Return to Top
#818472 - 09/19/07 07:42 PM Re: Phobias? Simply Sheldon
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Nanwa - wouldn't a regular hammer work too?

Return to Top
#818480 - 09/19/07 07:48 PM Re: Phobias? Nanwa
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: Nanwa
I have a fear of getting trapped in a car that goes underwater, where you can't get the doors open to escape. I saw an ad once for one of those emergency hammers to break the windshield with, but have not been able to find them in any stores so far.

But that is just a fear, not a phobia.

http://www.superiorcarcare.net/orlifham.html

Return to Top
#818488 - 09/19/07 07:50 PM Re: Phobias? Skittles
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: Duchess Skittles

NO!!!!! If you used a regular hammer you are more likely to create large shards of glass. Now, as the car is sinking and you smash it with a larger hammer, you will have large shards of glass flying att you from the water pressure. The auto glass hammers are designed to "spiderweb" thes glass.

Return to Top
#818490 - 09/19/07 07:50 PM Re: Phobias? Skittles
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Broccoli, spinach, and collard greens.

Return to Top
#818497 - 09/19/07 07:53 PM Re: Phobias? Comp Guy No More
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I get freaked out going into water that I can't see into (lakes, rivers, etc)...I literally start to shake. I'm okay in a boat, I just don't want to touch the water.
Oceans are find, though...bring on the sharks!

My weirdest freaky thing is that I literally gag when someone chews on ice. If someone does it long enough (like, say, someone sitting behind me at a seminar, perhaps ), I actually have to excuse myself to throw up.

Return to Top
#818499 - 09/19/07 07:53 PM Re: Phobias? Comp Guy No More
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
Hmm, don't think I have any phobias but I do hate spiders that resemble black widows. Most spiders are ok but I hate being at the ranch walking through the brush and all the sudden your face unknowingly walks through a spider web and all you can think of is one of those creepy spiders attached to it.......... eww

Return to Top
#818731 - 09/19/07 09:33 PM Re: Phobias? Fork Ate Spoon
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
Nothing that gets to the phobia status but don't like snakes at all!!! Not even those little green garden snakes Won't visit that building in the zoo - oh and Bats!!! Just keep picturing them getting caught in my hair, and that would be bad since I wear very short hair

Return to Top
#818754 - 09/19/07 09:57 PM Re: Phobias? corkygirl
Fork Ate Spoon Offline
Diamond Poster
Fork Ate Spoon
Between Here and There
What about one of those face-attacking flying cockroaches! When they fly they always seem to go straight for your face... It's usually the bigger ones too.

I had a friend with a cockroach phobia back in high school. We threw one down his tucked-in shirt at a party and you've never seen someone freak out like him before. He took off sprinting down the street (a busy street)stripping down to his tighty whities and took down a brick mailbox before calminig down haha! He still laughs about it but says it would happen again if one was down his shirt..

Return to Top
#818786 - 09/19/07 10:27 PM Re: Phobias? Comp Guy No More
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: Comp Guy

NO!!!!! If you used a regular hammer you are more likely to create large shards of glass. Now, as the car is sinking and you smash it with a larger hammer, you will have large shards of glass flying att you from the water pressure. The auto glass hammers are designed to "spiderweb" thes glass.

I've also heard that you will have better luck kicking out your rear window rather than your windshield...

Return to Top
#818796 - 09/19/07 10:38 PM Re: Phobias? Fork Ate Spoon
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
Originally Posted By: ....
What about one of those face-attacking flying cockroaches! When they fly they always seem to go straight for your face... It's usually the bigger ones too.

I had a friend with a cockroach phobia back in high school. We threw one down his tucked-in shirt at a party and you've never seen someone freak out like him before. He took off sprinting down the street (a busy street)stripping down to his tighty whities and took down a brick mailbox before calminig down haha! He still laughs about it but says it would happen again if one was down his shirt..

That's one of the ones I listed earlier..SCARY!!

Return to Top
#818800 - 09/19/07 10:42 PM Re: Phobias? *nUnZeO*
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
are they cockroaches or those big grasshopper thingys?

Return to Top
#818802 - 09/19/07 10:43 PM Re: Phobias? Mrs. Rizzo
*nUnZeO* Offline
Power Poster
*nUnZeO*
~*TEXAS*~
I"m sceered Of BOth and

RICHARD NOGGINS too

Return to Top
#818804 - 09/19/07 10:44 PM Re: Phobias? *nUnZeO*
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...

Return to Top
#818885 - 09/20/07 12:41 PM Re: Phobias? Mrs. Rizzo
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
Originally Posted By: Comp Guy

I've also heard that you will have better luck kicking out your rear window rather than your windshield...

This is true, but primarily because your car will sink front-end first (unless your engine is in the rear.

Return to Top
#818907 - 09/20/07 12:54 PM Re: Phobias? Mrs. Rizzo
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Originally Posted By: Rizzo
[I've also heard that you will have better luck kicking out your rear window rather than your windshield...

Depends on the shoes you are wearing. I am usually in sneakers, and I don't think those would kick out any window!

Return to Top
#818911 - 09/20/07 12:57 PM Re: Phobias? Nanwa
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Death doesn't scare me - the pain before death, now THAT scares me!

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4