Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Thread Options
#82098 - 05/27/03 03:16 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
Yeah - me too! I went through years of therapy for paranoia because of that dang mirror and Santa Claus watching my every move!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#82099 - 05/27/03 07:26 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles

One last post for me..

I thought of three more this past week-end.

Hullabaloo (remember the girls in gogo boots dancing in cages?

Laugh-in (pure corn.....I saw a re-run the other day and it's no longer funny material....what happened?)

Hee-Haw (purest corn.....hated it then....but now it's kind of entertaining......in a strange sort of way)

Return to Top
#82100 - 05/27/03 09:25 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Romper Room--Miss Marty? Where was she chronologically? I remember watching Miss Ginnie. I know there was a Miss Linda somewhere in the line up but I think she was somewhat newer. The furthest back as I can remember it was Miss Ginnie (about 1960).

Return to Top
#82101 - 05/27/03 09:28 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Maybe I'm goofy, or just old, or tired, but I thought it was Miss Marsh (and no, she wasn't mellow!).

Return to Top
#82102 - 05/27/03 09:29 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
The syndicated version was originally filmed in Baltimore, MD (later moving to Chicago) and starred Miss Nancy (Claster). She wasn't originally slated to host, but the woman they hired backed out at the last minute and Nancy Claster stepped into the role and into TV history. She was replaced in 1964 by the Claster's daughter, Miss Sally.

All of the hosts, many former kindergarten teachers, spent the half-hour reading from books to the seven or eight kids on the set, teaching the alphabet, manners and values in a gentle way.

Return to Top
#82103 - 05/27/03 10:28 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Kaos Offline
100 Club
Kaos
You forgot H R Puff n Stuff. (Definitly a product of the 60s.) It was usually followed by the "Monkeys".

Return to Top
#82104 - 05/27/03 11:35 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
My sister watched Romper Room. We called it Diaper room....for the family wimps I watched that guy with the train...funny cap....oh and Mr. Rogers.

Then I drooled over the Monkeys...(Davey? He secretly watched me back through the tv I was sure...cuz he knew I adored him).

But then I got fickle....I decided that I was going to grow up and marry Speed Racer....

All those years of dedication and he never calls.....

I'm not generation X or Y...somewhere in between I guess. Back when I was young we didn't label the generations. I guess I'd be a W? They say you know your generation by the goofy things you wore in highschool. X would have either been dying their hair blue or going goth...my brother did both.

I was too young to do hippie...and too old for dye. I'm a pretty boring darned generation...maybe I'm generation Yawn....

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#82105 - 05/28/03 04:41 AM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

I watched that guy with the train...funny cap

Dawnie - that would be Engineer Bill. He used to show Astro Boy who was the cartoon predecessor to Gigantor (Think "Iron Giant" with a remote control....)

How about Billy Barty? Don't forget the Winchell Mahoney Show!

Return to Top
#82106 - 05/28/03 01:24 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

They say you know your generation by the goofy things you wore in highschool. X would have either been dying their hair blue or going goth...my brother did both.

If you ever have watched the movie "The Wedding Singer", that is what the majority of people during HS wore. The Miami Vice look for the guys and "Madonna" for the girls.

Return to Top
#82107 - 05/28/03 02:10 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
You want to talk about being out-of-step with the times:

When I was in jr. high and high school long hair was in style. The catch was--my parents would not let me grow my hair long. So, I kept it short.

Then I graduated from high school and headed off to college with the freedom to grow my hair as long as I wanted. The catch was--long hair was no longer cool. So, I kept it short.

Then I graduated from college and long hair had become acceptable again. The catch was--my boss did not like long hair on his employees. So, I kept it short.

Then I left that job and worked where I could grow my hair long if I wanted to--and long hair was still acceptable. The catch was--I did not have much hair left to grow long. So, I kept it short.

I know this is a sad story, but mark my words, in heaven, I will have long hair.

Return to Top
#82108 - 05/28/03 02:14 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Quote:

I know this is a sad story, but mark my words, in heaven, I will have long hair.

Just stay away from the MULLET (sp?)

Return to Top
#82109 - 05/28/03 03:01 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Bucko Offline
100 Club
Heartland
Quote:

Re: Romper Room--Miss Marty? Where was she chronologically?

I THINK her name was Miss Marty.??? Anyway, she would have been in the late 70s (MAYBE early 80s). Sorry to show your age!!

Return to Top
#82110 - 05/28/03 03:13 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

You want to talk about being out-of-step with the times:

Z, I didn't want to quote your whole post, but you and I must be close to the same age. I went through every step you mentioned basically in the same order.

Return to Top
#82111 - 05/28/03 03:17 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Zaibatsu.....that's also the story of my husband's life.....up until he went into the carpentry business. About 15 years ago, he began to grow his hair long...long. And he has had it that way ever since!! But now, it's almost all gray and the hairline is receding, but he still refuses to cut it. The sad story is that I could've been married to a pro baseball player or a pro tennis player. He's that good! But in high school, he refused to have "white walls" .......kept his hair as long as the school would allow, which was a little over the ears, so the coaches wouldn't let him play!!! What a loss!!

I'm still an old hippie myself in that my hair has ALWAYS been longer than shoulder length and it always will be!!! I'll be old and gray and wearing it in a bun or something!

Return to Top
#82112 - 05/28/03 03:18 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Quote:

Quote:

"It's About Time"

I found the theme song on the Internet recently. A good use of my time! I did not know who Imogene Coco was at the time, but I learned that she was on the show--she was brilliant. (Kids, you may remember her as the aunt tied to the top of the car in National Lampoon's VACATION.)

Do you remember a late 60s short-lived comedy about a bumbling super hero--I think he had to take a little pill to have powers (was not a cartoon--Underdog). I think the theme song said something about him being in his pajamas.

Remember Deputy Dog???

Re: the superhero show - There were two on at the same time: Mr. Terrific and Captain Nice. Sorry, can't remember which was which.

Return to Top
#82113 - 05/28/03 03:27 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

Presumptuous aren't we. Isn't there a joke about attorney's and heaven?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#82114 - 05/28/03 03:31 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
LiL Bit Moore Offline
Platinum Poster
LiL Bit Moore
Texas
Miss Mary Ann! It started in the 50's and continued thru the early 80's. I would have been a 68/70's fan.

Hey Dawnie - remember drooling over Donnie Osmond with his purple socks, Shawn Cassidy, and David Cassidy (The Partridge Family - "I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of.....)

And nobody has said "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Why is everything always about Marsha?"

Return to Top
#82115 - 05/28/03 03:31 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
This post was going so well and you had to turn ugly!

Return to Top
#82116 - 05/28/03 03:35 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
That is OK Z. Magic is a hobby of mine I hardly have time for. But what chance of getting into heaven does a guy who lies, cheats and steals have.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#82117 - 05/28/03 04:12 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
Just when it couldn't get any uglier, like magic, it does!

Return to Top
#82118 - 05/28/03 06:50 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
JulesB Offline
Gold Star
JulesB
A Designated Tree City in OK, ...
Anyone out there remember Captain Kangaroo? It was my favorite show to watch in the morning, before going to school. Also, Bewitched, I just knew if I could wiggle my nose just like Samantha, something magical would happen to me.

Return to Top
#82119 - 05/28/03 06:58 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
yy2say Offline
Gold Star
yy2say
PA
Quote:

Hey Dawnie - remember drooling over Donnie Osmond with his purple socks, Shawn Cassidy, and David Cassidy (The Partridge Family - "I think I love you, so what am I so afraid of.....)

And nobody has said "Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Why is everything always about Marsha?"

What about Bobby Sherman???!!??? I loved the show ..."Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?"

Return to Top
#82120 - 05/28/03 07:09 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
Anonymous
Unregistered

I watched The Captain through three Treasure House renovations. I was a devoted fan and finally got to meet him in person--when I was about 30! I brought my 4 year old son but it was really me who wanted to go. I--we--got an autographed postcard and a handshake. He (Bob Keeshen (sp))looked exactly the same!

Return to Top
#82121 - 05/28/03 07:17 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
David Cassidy, Bobby Sherman...mmmmm lovely memories.

Are they old and wrinkled now? LOL

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#82122 - 05/28/03 07:22 PM Re: Friday Frivolity--Lost and Found
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
My brother and sisters and I loved Grandfather Clock, Mr. Green Jeans, the ping pong balls falling on Captain Kangaroo when Mr. Moose told him a knock-knock joke (right?), Bunny Rabbit, Tom Terrific, the Captain reading stories to us, Dancing Bear... Oh for the days of slower moving entertainment for our children.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10