BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Thread Options
#830356 - 10/07/07 02:19 AM Re: Purely confessions pjs
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I confess: it's saturday night, my hubbie is in Pittsburgh for the Steeler game and I am feeling a tad bit lonely.

Return to Top
#830359 - 10/07/07 02:39 PM Re: Purely confessions corkygirl
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I confess: For reasons no one would understand I hate Ohio State and wish that some teams would beat them this season.

Return to Top
#830425 - 10/08/07 02:24 PM Re: Purely confessions pjs
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
I confess: My sister in law is such a rabid fan and Purdue alum that I truly, completely, wickedly enjoyed Ohio State kicking Purdue's posterior on Saturday AND my alma mater, University of Illinois winning and looking great, all in one weekend. As a bonus, over in the NFL, my Bears put on a good showing and beat the Pack! Hooray!

Return to Top
#830578 - 10/08/07 08:20 PM Re: Purely confessions BurntSienna
corkygirl Offline
Power Poster
middle of the country
I confess: I didn't get the solo I auditioned for and that made me pretty sad for a little while.

I confess: I'll probably try again for the February concert, if there is a solo I think I can do. Live and learn

I confess: I'm at work but really, really just want to GO HOME!!!

Return to Top
#830961 - 10/09/07 05:43 PM Re: Purely confessions corkygirl
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Originally Posted By: corkygirl
I confess: I didn't get the solo I auditioned for and that made me pretty sad for a little while.

I confess: When I'm stuck with a day that's gray and lonely, I just stick up my chin and grin and say...

Keep singing, corky.

Return to Top
#830994 - 10/09/07 06:22 PM Re: Purely confessions Becka Marr
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
I confess: I just want to cry.

I confess: I miss my grandma.

Return to Top
#831030 - 10/09/07 07:07 PM Re: Purely confessions Dip
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I confess: Dip should sing this song to herself and it will make her feel better...
Be optimistic
Don't you be a grumpy
When the road gets bumpy
Just SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!

Return to Top
#831137 - 10/09/07 08:57 PM Re: Purely confessions Mrs. Rizzo
BSAFrustration Offline
Gold Star
I confess: I really love my new job!

Return to Top
#833707 - 10/12/07 04:12 PM Re: Purely confessions BSAFrustration
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
i confess: this is a very sad day for me, moreso than i expected. but i am grateful to the new vet for being so honest. there is a worse day looming in the near future that i am afraid of, and don't know right now how i will have the strength for it.

Return to Top
#833751 - 10/12/07 04:44 PM Re: Purely confessions Bailey.
kitten Offline
10K Club
kitten
Not prison
i confess: bailey - i'm taking a guess at what you are referring to... hugs from new england to help you get thru it.

Return to Top
#833806 - 10/12/07 05:35 PM Re: Purely confessions kitten
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Sorry to hear that Bailey. I had to put my dog down a little more than a year ago. She was only 6 but had a bad siezure disorder. It was a hard decision, but for the best.

Be brave and think about the happy times, knowing you are doing the right thing.

Return to Top
#833831 - 10/12/07 05:49 PM Re: Purely confessions Comp Guy No More
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
How sad, Comp Guy, I'm so sorry for your loss last year.

Just so that people are aware, in the vast majority of cases, managing seizures in animals is quite possible with daily (very inexpensive) pills, just as it is in the vast majority of seizure disordered humans. Both animals and humans can go on with essentially normal lives, with a few modifications and simply swallowing a few pills a day!

Bailey, prayers to you and your family as you wrangle with difficult pet decisions.

Return to Top
#833855 - 10/12/07 06:00 PM Re: Purely confessions BurntSienna
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
Originally Posted By: BurntSienna
How sad, Comp Guy, I'm so sorry for your loss last year.

Just so that people are aware, in the vast majority of cases, managing seizures in animals is quite possible with daily (very inexpensive) pills, just as it is in the vast majority of seizure disordered humans. Both animals and humans can go on with essentially normal lives, with a few modifications and simply swallowing a few pills a day!

Bailey, prayers to you and your family as you wrangle with difficult pet decisions.

Thanks Burnt. We had her on pills for three years and toward the end we had increased her dose several times and she continued to have "break through" seizures. Prior to making our decision, she had put a hole in a wall, a tear in a couch, fallen down the stairs several times, become nearly completely incontinant, and drained our boiler onto her head and neck during an episode causing her skin to essentially fall off in that area, requiring debridement and more meds. The pills she was taking made her hungry (she was up to about 130 - 140 lbs) and thirsty (not good for an incontinant dog!)

It was shortly after the burning that my wife and I felt we were being selfish and she was only going to hurt herself (again) or one of our kids if we allowed it to continue.

AS much of a pain in the ass she was, it was very hard to bring her and sit in that room with her and let her go. She did lay right down and it was very fast. She knew what was going on and I believe she was relieved.

Return to Top
#833879 - 10/12/07 06:13 PM Re: Purely confessions Comp Guy No More
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I'm so sorry everyone, I know what that feels like. It's a very tough, but it is very important that as animal lovers we put the quality of life of our pets over our personal feelings.

Way back when I used to work in the pet industry and I saw dogs that were suffering and miserable because their owners didn't make the right decision.

When you've made that tough decision, it's important to focus on the positive. You have the power to have your pet pass on with dignity and be in peace. You'll have your chance to say goodbye and then you'll have all of the wonderful memories to look back on.

Return to Top
#833880 - 10/12/07 06:13 PM Re: Purely confessions Comp Guy No More
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Oh Comp Guy, my condolences. I look at my sweet Boyz, who are now 10 and 11 years old and know someday I may have to make that decision too. I wish we didn't fall in love with furry creatures whose lifespan is shorter than ours, but we do.

Return to Top
#833895 - 10/12/07 06:25 PM Re: Purely confessions Nanwa
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I empathize with all you folks who have lost a furry member of the family. It's never easy and I've been there and know how empty and conflicted you can feel. I know when I put my childhood cat down that it was the best thing for her, but it hurt like holy [censored].

Volunteering at the shelter I "lose" cats every week and I don't ever get used to it.

Return to Top
#833903 - 10/12/07 06:36 PM Re: Purely confessions MichelleDawn
Bailey. Offline
Power Poster
thank you, everyone, for your posts. i really didn't expect any response (dip's rules, ya know), but i do appreciate them all the same.

Return to Top
#833924 - 10/12/07 06:47 PM Re: Purely confessions Bailey.
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
MichellDawn, that is part of why I haven't volunteered at the local shelter myself. I would be bringing alot of animals home with me, just so they wouldn't get euthanized.

I may volunteer at the Sun Coast Humane Society in Florida this winter tho. They have such a wide network, they find homes for most of the animals and they rarely need to euthanize.

Return to Top
#833938 - 10/12/07 07:00 PM Re: Purely confessions Nanwa
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I try really hard to get as many adopted as possible, but they just had to euthanize about 40 over the last couple of weeks because they didn't have the money to treat them and they all were sick. It breaks my heart because I fall in love with them the minute I touch them.

I'm working on finding a foster home for this one cat. He has a wound on his neck that has been treated, but he needs to be where he can get more care and attention. If they don't find someone to foster him in the next couple of days they will put him down and it's killing me. He's a super cat.
Last edited by MichelleDawn; 10/12/07 07:01 PM.

Return to Top
#833961 - 10/12/07 07:16 PM Re: Purely confessions MichelleDawn
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
My sister volunteers at the shelter where she lives. Luckily that one is a no-kill shelter. However, she now has 5 dogs all from that shelter. The oldest is 14 1/2 (she got as a puppy). She also adopted a 9 year old dog because she knew that no one would want to adopt a dog of that age.

Losing a pet is very difficult, but we do what is best for them. That's what it's all about.

Return to Top
#833962 - 10/12/07 07:22 PM Re: Purely confessions Skittles
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
MichelleDawn, Duchess Skittles and others, it is so nice to have kindred spirits here! Our love of animals is our common bond. From your comments, I feel as though I've known you forever.

Return to Top
#833965 - 10/12/07 07:23 PM Re: Purely confessions Skittles
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I have five cats. All of them rescued (three from the shelter). There are so many animals in need of good homes. I have to keep reminding myself that I can't save all the cats in the world.

Return to Top
#834075 - 10/12/07 08:31 PM Re: Purely confessions MichelleDawn
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
Currently, we have 5 critters at home - ranging in age from 7 to 15. I feel very lucky that they've all lived as long as they have (most were adults when adopted) and dread the days that each of them will leave us. We have both volunteered at the local no-kill shelter and with a couple of rescue groups. The oldest dog is actually a permanent foster. She just turned 11 and would not adjust well to another home, if we could even find anyone to adopt her.

Return to Top
#834131 - 10/12/07 09:12 PM Re: Purely confessions hmdagal
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
I confess: Many hugs to the people who are hurting cuz they love their pets so much. Hugs to the people who take them in and give them a home and love.

Return to Top
#834154 - 10/12/07 09:28 PM Re: Purely confessions pjs
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I have 5 furry friends at home, 3 doggies and 2 hamsters. All of my dogs were rescued, with the third just coming from the shelter about 2 months ago. They are all very loving and sweet. I would actually have more dogs, but the legal limit is 3 around here.

Even our hamsters were kind of rescued. We decided to buy a hamster, but of course we fell in love with an old one (over a year, with a 3 year life span), then found out he'd never been seperated from his brother, so we took both of them.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett