Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#824144 - 09/26/07 08:46 PM Re: Christmas Sing A Little
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Originally Posted By: Sing A Little
I have no idea what to be for Halloween. I always to try and incorporate comfortable clothes into the costume so I violate the dress code for the day.

Our whole department did that one year with a theme of "Dress Code Violators". Sure, it was an obvious vehicle to dress comfy for the day, but it turned out to be a hit! Some dressed in the obvious no-no's like jeans, sweats, and sneakers, but others were more subtle in taking jabs at the dress code. Capris, fake tatoos, wrinkled clothing, and over-the-top makeup & hairdo's were pretty fun.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#824323 - 09/27/07 11:41 AM Re: Christmas RebekahL CRCM
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I thought this was about Christmas???!!!

Return to Top
#824330 - 09/27/07 11:53 AM Re: Christmas Retired DQ
pjs Offline
10K Club
pjs
oHiO
How much does everyone decorate for Christmas? Inside and outside the home?

I love to take my mom Christmas shopping and help her with her shopping. I get to see too first hand what the other family members are getting. It's fun and mom always has fun with me too!!!

Return to Top
#824353 - 09/27/07 12:32 PM Re: Christmas pjs
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I used to put tons of lights outside my house in WI, then had to scramble to get them down before we headed south to FL. Now that the folks have passed away, we have no reason to stay in WI for Christmas, so we head to FL earlier. Last year in FL, I put up lights along the roof and on all the shrubs, plus a lit up deer on the lawn, and I was wearing a tank top and short! Amazing to be able to do that job and not have freezing fingers and snapping the plastic hooks because of the cold! Another bonus: I could leave the lights up as long as I wanted; no rush to get them down.

The down side: in WI, we always cut a fresh tree, about 6 feet tall. In FL, there aren't any fresh trees, so I had a short 2 foot artificial tree. I miss the big tree; I have so many nice ornaments we've received as gifts over the years, plus all my Packer ornaments and Star Trek Hallmark ornaments. But I don't have much space in FL to store a large tree and all the decorations. They'd melt in the attic.

Great decorations for any holiday that store in a small space are window clings. I love them! They come in all sizes and styles, and you can decorate a large window, or just put a little candy cane or sprig of holly on the bathroom mirror.

Return to Top
#825651 - 09/28/07 04:38 PM Re: Christmas Nanwa
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
Okay 2 gifts down. For you NASCAR fans, what do you think of these Jr shirts?

T-Shirt 1

T-Shirt 2

Return to Top
#825655 - 09/28/07 04:43 PM Re: Christmas AngelinaLM
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Oh I love them both.
Personally I like the 2nd one the best. But my hubby would like the first.

Return to Top
#825684 - 09/28/07 05:05 PM Re: Christmas QCL
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
I liked the 2nd one too. I got the first one because it didnt have his number on it. NASCAR.com is having a sale on a bunch of their stuff. I'm going to order more, some of his shirts have 3 or 4 holes in each of them.

Return to Top
#825687 - 09/28/07 05:07 PM Re: Christmas AngelinaLM
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Originally Posted By: AngelinaLM
Okay 2 gifts down. For you NASCAR fans, what do you think of these Jr shirts?

T-Shirt 1

T-Shirt 2

I think they'd look alot better with the number 24 on them.

Return to Top
#825689 - 09/28/07 05:11 PM Re: Christmas Clown Boy
#Just Jay Offline
10K Club
#Just Jay
Cheeseheadland
I think either will make great dust rags.

Return to Top
#825690 - 09/28/07 05:11 PM Re: Christmas AngelinaLM
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I love to decorate for holidays, luckily my hubby doesn't seem to mind. I have at least one box for every holiday...don't even ask how many I have for Christmas. LOL

For Christmas I put up lights and decorations in the windows and on the shrubs. Instead of having one large tree, I like to have 2-3 small trees so I can enjoy them around the house.

I have a very large family, so I usually make gift baskets of baked goodies (cookies, brownies, candy, etc.) for everyone, and then maybe a few small gifts for some people.

Return to Top
#825692 - 09/28/07 05:12 PM Re: Christmas Clown Boy
Comp Guy No More Offline
Diamond Poster
Comp Guy No More
North East
The first one is too Hendrick Motor Sports. 2nd one is really cool though! Of course, I'll take any Tony Stewart shirt over either of them!

Return to Top
#825738 - 09/28/07 05:57 PM Re: Christmas Sing A Little
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
In Wisconsin, I always put up a large tree, icicle lights hanging from the front window drape rods, lighted snowflakes in the windows, pine garland with small multi-colored lights on the front of the house, multi colored lights on the bushes, driveway lamposts and garden fence (lots of extension cords!), little ornaments on the valance of the curtains, window clings, the Nativity set, and of course, my snowman collection. That includes 4 stuffed snowmen, one wooden, one glass candle holder and towels.

Now in Florida, I don't have the storage space, so much of that is gone. Outdoor lights, window clings and a small tree, with a couple of towels and knick-knacks is about all I can do at this point. I am pushing for two options: we move to a bigger house, or we put on an addition, just for a few storage rooms. I could fill one room with all my decorations for Patriotic holidays, Halloween and Christmas.

Return to Top
#825776 - 09/28/07 06:15 PM Re: Christmas Nanwa
AngelinaLM Offline
Diamond Poster
Boise, ID
I know better to not get him another driver. I'm a closet Jr. fan....

I started decorating for Halloween with my pumpkin candles from Bath and Body Works. If you love the smell of pumpkin, I recommend their candles and wall flowers. I'm so excited, this is my favorite time of the year.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6