Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#780762 - 07/23/07 04:28 PM Compliance One
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
I am located in Henderson, Texas and we are upgrading from ARTA Lending to Compliance One by Wolters Kluwer (typing Bankers System was SOOOO much easier. We are also considering purchasing the deposit module as well. Are there any banks in this or the surrounding area that utilizes this software? I would love to get any feedback that you would be willing to share. Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
#781643 - 07/24/07 05:31 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
Glutes Offline
Platinum Poster
Glutes
Texas
Nascar Fan, we're also an Arta Lending user and I just became aware of Compliance One in the last two weeks. It was also communicated to me that Wolters Kluwer will no longer be marketing Arta and they will no longer provide enhancements to it. They are marketing and pushing Compliance One. I will be taking a closer look at this in the upcoming weeks. I'll be seeing a demo next month and will likely schedule an onsite demo in September.

Is their anything you can tell me beforehand?

Why did you make the switch from Arta to Compliance One?

What are the benefits or nice features to expect in the demo (couldn't get much information online)?

Return to Top
#781893 - 07/24/07 08:06 PM Re: Compliance One Glutes
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
We are currently using BOTH Arta Lending and Arta Deposit, and I am unaware of the fact they are phasing them out!!

I got a call last week from our sales rep at Wolters Kluwer that she had some "exciting news" to share and would be on site for a visit. Wondering if this is her idea of "exciting"?!

Is Compliance One a turnkey package with both lending and deposit compliance software? Are both more user friendly, unlike Arta Deposit that is terrible compared to Arta Lending.

Nascar, any comment?

Return to Top
#782591 - 07/25/07 05:04 PM Re: Compliance One TexasBankerGirl
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
We are going to go into Mortagage Lending, and didn't feel like ARTA did everything we needed it to. We had heard about Compliance One, and had the demo for both last week. It it really much better than ARTA. It is truly "one and done" as far as input. They will also maintain the interface with our core processor (Jack Henry 20/20).

We have been on ARTA for years, and have been happy with it, but if you are a user, you know it has little quirks. We were truly impressed with Compliance One for Lending.

As for deposits, the head of our new account department wants to see the softwire "live". We currently use Jack Henry Platform with Bankers System forms. It is awful.

Return to Top
#783431 - 07/26/07 02:37 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
Glutes Offline
Platinum Poster
Glutes
Texas
Thanks for the response Nascar Fan. Interestingly, I don't see many responses from folks who are currently using it. I suspect you're probably one of the first Compliance One banks.

Return to Top
#783485 - 07/26/07 03:05 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
Originally Posted By: Nascar Fan
We currently use Jack Henry Platform with Bankers System forms. It is awful.

::Vent:: I have been at this bank 1yr and we use Jack Henry for both deposit acct and loan docs (and JH 20/20 system). I agree the doc origination platform is terrible. Can't wait till our contract with JH is up so we can change.

Return to Top
#783563 - 07/26/07 03:51 PM Re: Compliance One ktac MITCH
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
I feel your pain. I have been with this bank for 9 years and have never been very impressed with JH. We process in-house and have such an investment in it, I do not see us changing. It will truly make you want to outsource DP.

Return to Top
#783953 - 07/26/07 09:06 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
We are on schedule to do the demo, thanks Nascar for your comments!

Return to Top
#783967 - 07/26/07 09:17 PM Re: Compliance One TexasBankerGirl
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
I was really impressed with the lending and the deposit modules. Our current deposit system takes way too long. When you go to lunch for an hour and the same customer is sitting still trying to get an account open when you return, you know something is wrong. I honestly do not beleive that our reps are slow, it think it is the software is not user friendly. Work just does not flow. With Compliance One, you can have a new account opened in about 15 minutes.

When you see the demo, please let me know what you think.

Return to Top
#784815 - 07/27/07 06:28 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
Will do, and thanks again!

Return to Top
#823959 - 09/26/07 06:51 PM Re: Compliance One TexasBankerGirl
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
Got the Compliance One demo this week and I was NOT impressed.

Does anyone else remember Loan Processor Plus (LPPlus)? That is what it reminded me of. Maybe a real, live demonstration would do it justice, but I was expecting a much nicer flow and format.

I also needed sunglasses when some of the drop-down boxes had RED print on top of bright AQUA BLUE background? Who could read that?

Has anyone else migrated from Arta Lending and Arta Deposit over to Compliance One yet??? I want to give it a shot, but really want to hear customer feedback before I give it another chance.

Return to Top
#824011 - 09/26/07 07:21 PM Re: Compliance One TexasBankerGirl
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
I remember LLPlus. I was not a fan of it either.

We had the demo here at the bank. There were about 10 of us, and everyone thought it was much easier than ARTA. It has been several weeks, but I do not recall the red drop-down boxes and aqua blue background. One of the things we really liked was that you can pull alot more information from your mainframe than what currently comes over with our ARTA interface. Also, on ARTA, you may have to input things a couple of times, but not with Compliance One. Input once and you're done. You are right, the note forms do remind me of the LLPlus notes.

We are really excited about Compliance One for our deposit system. Our present system honestly takes almost an hour to open an account. That is just way too long, and people will not wait forever to deposit money with you.

We have been told that it will be December or the first of January before we convert to Compliance One. We are located in Henderson and if you are not too far away, you would be more than welcome to come see if running live after it is installed.

Return to Top
#824047 - 09/26/07 07:46 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
TexasBankerGirl Offline
TexasBankerGirl
Texas
Thanks for your post. I am curious, what DEPOSIT platform are you currently using? Is it ARTA Deposit? We use both ARTA Lending and Deposit and yes, the deposit side does give a lot more problems/issues but I am not ready to bail out on it yet.

I have noticed that Wolters Kluwer is trying to set up live demos around the country. Each time I log on to see where/when the Texas demo is, it says TBA.

We are in no hurry to change, but wonder when they'll force the change on us!

Feel free any time to send a post regarding your Compliance Once experiences.

Return to Top
#824092 - 09/26/07 08:11 PM Re: Compliance One TexasBankerGirl
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
Our deposit platform is thru Jack Henry, using Wolters Kluwer forms.

Return to Top
#824430 - 09/27/07 01:51 PM Re: Compliance One Nascar Fan
Milby Offline
Platinum Poster
Tejas
Originally Posted By: Nascar Fan
Our current deposit system takes way too long. When you go to lunch for an hour and the same customer is sitting still trying to get an account open when you return, you know something is wrong. I honestly do not beleive that our reps are slow, it think it is the software is not user friendly. Work just does not flow. With Compliance One, you can have a new account opened in about 15 minutes.

If you're on JH Silverlake, it sounds like you need to get with JHA and have someone from Streamline come out for a clean up of your new account platform. I had them come out and we cleaned up a lot of the new account screens so we are only collecting "relevant" information. We also deleted duplicate items (i.e. page 1 asks for DL#, page 5 asks for DL#, input DL# on sig card...) and now have all those fields pull from the DL field on the CIF.

I saw a drop in account opening time from 30-45 minutes to about 10-15 (which includes building the CIF and the new account)

Return to Top
#825038 - 09/27/07 08:07 PM Re: Compliance One Milby
Nascar Fan Offline
East Texas
We are a JH 20/20 Bank. I do appreciate your input!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z