Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#825426 - 09/28/07 01:30 PM Report or Review after External Audit
petcat Offline
Tennessee
I am new to this job with almost no training and need some help. We are a very small bank so I am the only Compliance person here. When I took the job we talked about all the audits I would be doing. Now, management has decided to stay with our external auditor and that frees me from most of the audits. If I understand correctly, I think that I am supposed to prepare a report on the findings from the external auditor to present to the Audit Committee. I was able to struggle thru a couple of audits by reviewing past audits and setting them up the same way, but I have never seen this type of report and don't know where to look for an example. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Return to Top
Audit
#825433 - 09/28/07 01:35 PM Re: Report or Review after External Audit petcat
A_G Offline
10K Club
When you say "external auditor" are you really referring to an external auditor? Like for financial statement purposes?

Or is this an external audit firm who performs your internal audit function.

Return to Top
#825471 - 09/28/07 02:08 PM Re: Report or Review after External Audit A_G
petcat Offline
Tennessee
It is an external auditor who performs our internal audits. He just finished a BSA audit and I need to prepare something for the Board.

Return to Top
#825479 - 09/28/07 02:14 PM Re: Report or Review after External Audit petcat
A_G Offline
10K Club
He should be preparing the report after the audit. That's what you are paying him for.

Return to Top
#825480 - 09/28/07 02:14 PM Re: Report or Review after External Audit petcat
ktac MITCH Offline
Diamond Poster
ktac MITCH
Giant side of TX
You engaged an outside firm to perform a BSA/AML audit therefore, their report should be addressed directly to The Board (or committee thereof)because The Board is ultimately responsible for BSA.
I have always let their reports stand on threir own and let the Board review it as is. This is also a protection for you if something comes up in the future that was in their audit but you neglected to include in your "re-report" - There is no question about you trying to hide info & look better.

Return to Top
#825516 - 09/28/07 02:38 PM Re: Report or Review after External Audit ktac MITCH
Countess Kiwi Offline
Diamond Poster
Minnesota
As mentioned, the external firm will do a report to the Board and management.

You should, however, track those items in the report to ensure they are corrected. You may want to do some type of tracking report in something like excel that you would bring with you to the audit committee meetings. This way you can keep them informed on what has been resolved. If an item is resolved and does not need to be reported on in the future, you could move that item to a separate worksheet within your document so you still have access to that information if asked.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z