Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#826063 - 09/28/07 08:13 PM Halloween!!!!!
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Do any of your Banks have anything fun on Halloween Day? Do your employees dress up?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#826096 - 09/28/07 08:26 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! ApacheBelle72
Jalen Offline
Gold Star
Jalen
Somewhere on 2 wheels
We are allowed to wear costumes. No masks or makeup on face though.

#826101 - 09/28/07 08:27 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! Jalen
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Thank you for your reply - we are not even allowed to wear costumes, however, I think our customers would enjoy it.

#826150 - 09/28/07 08:45 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! ApacheBelle72
HRH Okie Banker Offline
Power Poster
Oklahoma
We are allowed to dress up and I'd say that about half do. You are right - the customers love it and the employees do too!

#826181 - 09/28/07 08:52 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! HRH Okie Banker
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
We follow the same guidelines as Jalen and Okie Banker.

For several years on Halloween I dress in black pants, blue shirt with a black and blue pattern tie...I come as a bruise.

#826466 - 10/01/07 02:30 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! Dan Persfull
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
A bank in Dallas last year had a display of halloween pumpkins (done by employees).
Some were awsome.

Maybe your bank would allow this type of display (or a contest with a prize for the best looking pumpkin).

#826525 - 10/01/07 03:22 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! Dan Persfull
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
Originally Posted By: Dan Persfull

For several years on Halloween I dress in black pants, blue shirt with a black and blue pattern tie...I come as a bruise.

LOLOL!

We used to make a HUGE deal of Halloween here and the customers LOVED IT! You could see most anything imaginable...it's faded away with time...

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

#826527 - 10/01/07 03:23 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! LoisLane
Anonymous
Unregistered

We can dress up - but no masks! Halloween is a fun no stress holiday!

#826638 - 10/01/07 05:15 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! Anonymous
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
We used to dress up at my bank, in fact it was encouraged - everyone who dressed up got a $25 gift certificate to the local mall!

They eventually stopped giving out the gift certificates, and once the "motivating factor" stopped, most people stopped dressing up. I miss it though, as it was great fun. We're a small bank, and there was much competition between departments. One year, Operations department dressed up as the Seven Dwarves, while the personnel coordinator was Snow White. Also, one year when I was still working in loan operations, there were four of us in the department (all women) and there were four lenders (all men). We decided to dress up as the lenders. In the weeks prior to Halloween, we took a Polaroid picture of each of the guys (but wouldn't tell them why), enlarged them on the copier and made "masks" out of them. When the day arrived, we all met in the parking lot together in our suits, entered the bank, put our masks on and proceeded to go park ourselves in their respective offices. The guys all chuckled in a somewhat uncomfortable manner, but the Senior VP of Human Resources and Retail laughed hysterically all day long!

Ah, good times.

#826877 - 10/01/07 08:26 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! KrisH
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
These are great!!!!!!!!!! Keep the ideas coming...I hope we can incorporate them in our bank.

#826890 - 10/01/07 08:35 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! ApacheBelle72
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
We did the pumpkin contest at my former bank and had the customers vote for the best pumpkin. Everyone really had a good time with it. I made my pumpkin look like the Phantom of the Opera.

One way you can have customer's vote is by dropping loose change into a jar in front of the employee's name and the most money collected wins. Then you donate the money to a local charity. Great community appeal.

#826892 - 10/01/07 08:37 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! ApacheBelle72
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
I also forgot to add, that on all the "holidays" that the bank is open for, we always serve coffee, donuts and sugar cookies in the lobby all day long. That includes Halloween, Valentine's Day and St. Patricks Day. The sugar cookies are always shaped and colored appropriately to the holiday (pumpkins, hearts, shamrocks). The customers look forward to it. (So do the employees - the last thing I need is donuts!)

#830392 - 10/08/07 06:53 AM Re: Halloween!!!!! KrisH
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
I remember one year I asked our manager if we could dress up for Halloween. Our manager was a rather dour former examiner, and he looked at me and replied "Sure, as long as you come dressed up as a banker."

So.......I bought a men's white dress shirt, a pair of black trousers, borrowed a red tie from my husband and wore it with a pinstriped blazer and a pair of sensible (aka comfortable) dark shoes. I put my hair up in a tight bun so that it looked like I had a short hair cut.

I came into work in that outfit along with a briefcase (borrowed from hubby.) As I was getting a cup of coffee, I passed our manager who looked at me and said "Figures."

LOL!

Now what was REALLY strange was the stares that I got from men when I went out to lunch!

The funnest costume I ever had was when I came to work dressed as a telephone. I used my old college graduation gown and fashioned a headpiece in the shape of a phone receiver. I made a curly "wire" that went from the receiver to the gown. To show you how long ago this was, I had a (gasp!) analog dial rather than a digital.

Today I think it might be a bit difficult to go as say, a Motorola Razr or something!

#830942 - 10/09/07 05:28 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! Princess Romeo
KrisH Offline
Gold Star
KrisH
Massachusetts
Originally Posted By: Bonnie M
I remember one year I asked our manager if we could dress up for Halloween. Our manager was a rather dour former examiner, and he looked at me and replied "Sure, as long as you come dressed up as a banker."

So.......I bought a men's white dress shirt, a pair of black trousers, borrowed a red tie from my husband and wore it with a pinstriped blazer and a pair of sensible (aka comfortable) dark shoes. I put my hair up in a tight bun so that it looked like I had a short hair cut.

lol, Bonnie...

That reminds me of one Halloween where I was hassling one of the commercial lenders about his lack of a costume, motioning to his regular day to day suit like always.

His response:

"I am wearing a costume! I'm dressed up as an attorney!"

#831902 - 10/10/07 07:58 PM Re: Halloween!!!!! KrisH
Anonymous
Unregistered

Our bank lets our branches compete in a halloween contest. Our customers love it! Some customers actually make a day of it and visit each branch (we only have 9 branches). There is judging and prizes and goodies to eat. Departments also enter and planning in some departments begins in July! Last year one branch's theme was the 1950's and they held a sock hop with a juke box. There was dancing and the customers danced, too. It is fun. Of course that will probably end since we've been purchased by another bank. Oh, well, life goes on!

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale