Thread Options
#829369 - 10/04/07 11:05 PM Re: Christmas Party Buddy the Elf
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Here's how ours goes:

several bars
silly skits previously recorded by management (it's always nice to see them be goofy)
An invitation for employee talent with $ prizes
dinner, of course
Each person attending gets put in a pool and they give an insane amount of stuff away inlcuding days off
DJ...not a band

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#829397 - 10/04/07 11:33 PM Re: Christmas Party Mrs. Rizzo
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
What's a Christmas Party??

Return to Top
#829527 - 10/05/07 01:43 PM Re: Christmas Party CRAatBOK
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
That's sad! Not even a party for employees only?

Return to Top
#829550 - 10/05/07 01:56 PM Re: Christmas Party ApacheBelle72
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
They've already notified us that ours will be cancelled this year due to budget constraints. I won't miss it, however I hope they don't cancel the Christmas bonus (or holiday bonus).

Return to Top
#829646 - 10/05/07 02:41 PM Re: Christmas Party Skittles
Bagweaver Offline
Diamond Poster
SW GA
Ours is semi-formal, held during the week, and I commute an hour one-way to work. Either I'll have to rent a room at a local motel, drive home and get dressed and make the drive twice more, or just stay home. I'm leaning very heavily toward the latter.

Return to Top
#829654 - 10/05/07 02:47 PM Re: Christmas Party Bagweaver
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
It always seems that my bank's party and MOML's bank's party are the same weekend, so we alternate. Luckily, last year was my bank's turn. It is probably our last one. So this year, we go to his.

Return to Top
#829813 - 10/05/07 05:04 PM Re: Christmas Party Nanwa
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
Our "Holiday Party" is fairly formal and usually held at a country club. It's a nice event, but it's not really something that I can relax and have fun at. Maybe we'll do something different this year.

Return to Top
#829833 - 10/05/07 05:24 PM Re: Christmas Party Sing A Little
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Duchess, they cut out our summer picnic...which I enjoyed 10 times more than the Christmas party Every year they say they're cutting out bonuses but so far we're still getting them.

I'd MUCH rather have my bonus over a stinking party!

Return to Top
#829861 - 10/05/07 05:44 PM Re: Christmas Party Mrs. Rizzo
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
The only Christmas party I really want to go to is the one put on by my friends. She cooks a gourmet meal, I bring a fancy dessert, the other couples contribute with salads and side dishes, and we drink lots of wine. Good food, great company, can't beat it!

Return to Top
#829865 - 10/05/07 05:47 PM Re: Christmas Party Nanwa
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I agree, Nanwa!! I love Christmas gatherings with close friends!!!

Return to Top
#829897 - 10/05/07 06:13 PM Re: Christmas Party Mrs. Rizzo
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
Do the door prizes/raffle thing. Have the bank sponsor a handful of "good" gifts. Have employees bring in funny gifts (items they had at home or re-gifted items) but dont' share what employees have brought in. Wrap all the good and goofy gifts. Give all employees X number of raffle tickets when they arrive to the party. Have all of the wrapped gifts on a buffet table with a jar in front of each one. Employees won't knwo what the gifts are btu will have to choose which wrapped items they want to put their tickets in. Then after dinner, draw the raffle tickets and make each winner unwrap their gift in front of everyone.

Return to Top
#829899 - 10/05/07 06:15 PM Re: Christmas Party Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
some goofy gift ideas i've seen at white elephant parties...

an old craft decorated toilet seat
really tacky nik-naks
weird lawn ornaments
tacky sweatshirts
bar signs and other alcohol parafenalia
6 packs of beer missing one or two beers
coupons for off-the-wall chores

Return to Top
#829901 - 10/05/07 06:16 PM Re: Christmas Party Dip
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
other people's family movies

Return to Top
#829928 - 10/05/07 06:35 PM Re: Christmas Party Dip
trail hiker Offline
Gold Star
A local (successful and widely respected) medical clinic sends letters to the local businesses asking for donations so they can put on a Christmas party for their employees.

Return to Top
#829992 - 10/05/07 07:11 PM Re: Christmas Party trail hiker
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
These are getting better & better, I'm getting great ideas!!!! thanks ya'll! Keep 'em coming.....

Return to Top
#830034 - 10/05/07 07:28 PM Re: Christmas Party ApacheBelle72
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
We draw names amongst the employees. I think the dollar limit is around $20. Plus, you bring a gift for someone of your gender and those are passed out randomly. It is pretty cool as each person gets two gifts. Some choose not to participate and that's okay. Then we have a big door prize drawing (usually a TV), dinner, drinks and a DJ. Lots of fun had by all. Each year a different person takes the role of village drunk!

Return to Top
#830039 - 10/05/07 07:31 PM Re: Christmas Party ApacheBelle72
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
The goofiest gift from MOML's bank is an old stuffed pheasent that shows up every year!

As for good gifts for everyone to take home, last year, our bank had votive candle holders that looked like beautiful mercury glass ornaments. They were on the tables in groups of three. At the end of dinner, employees were instructed to help themselves to one candle holder, and they would get a package of candles on the way out.

In years before, there was a snowman theme: one year it was a small wooden snowman, one year a small glass snowman candle holder, one year a medium sized cloth snowman, with a larger one as the table centerpiece, which some of us won.

Return to Top
#830054 - 10/05/07 07:38 PM Re: Christmas Party Nanwa
A_G Offline
10K Club
We've also had a magician, hyponist, and comedian at prior parties.

Return to Top
#830142 - 10/05/07 08:36 PM Re: Christmas Party A_G
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Please don't stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#830144 - 10/05/07 08:39 PM Re: Christmas Party Oil City Slicker
ApacheBelle72 Offline
Platinum Poster
Did you go to TJC?

Return to Top
#830148 - 10/05/07 08:39 PM Re: Christmas Party ApacheBelle72
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I always LOVE playing dirty santa...you know where the 1st person gets to pick a gift and then the person after either takes the 1st persons gift or choses another and then the cycle continues...depending on how many peeps you have thats always fun

Return to Top
#830219 - 10/05/07 09:25 PM Re: Christmas Party Mrs. Rizzo
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I'll play dirty Santa Rizz -- you just sit here on Santa's lap and whisper in my ear what you want. I'll check my list to see if you've been naughty or nice.

Return to Top
#830223 - 10/05/07 09:31 PM Re: Christmas Party The Incredible ComplyGuy
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
Originally Posted By: The Incredible ComplyGuy
I'll play dirty Santa Rizz -- you just sit here on Santa's lap and whisper in my ear what you want. I'll check my list to see if you've been naughty or nice.

Like checking the list is even necesary!!! Puuullleeease!

Return to Top
#830308 - 10/06/07 02:05 PM Re: Christmas Party Mrs. Rizzo
Beagles22 Offline
Power Poster
State of confusion
OK, to expand this conversation a bit, we do a fun party that the staff does itself, gift exchange, fun games, lots of drinks, etc.

Now the board party is a little different. We dress up, gentlemen wear ties, ladies wear cocktail dresses (at least) and this year I am supposed to "Make it special" due to an entire new board of directors. They want everyone to leave with a gift, spouses should all also get a gift, and the whole night is supposed to be a lot more "special" than any we have had. The good news is we have doubled our budget for the event, but other than a lovely dinner at a beautiful place, and a chocolate fountain for dessert, I NEED IDEAS!!

I live in a smaller town and for me, pouring a beer into a glass is fancy for me personally. I have a full bar set up, but how do I make it 'Special' enough for people that are from a really big city??

Return to Top
#830316 - 10/06/07 03:12 PM Re: Christmas Party Beagles22
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
A company at which I used to work gave a fabulous Christmas party each year, where each employee was invited to bring a guest and spend the night at the hotel. It was held at various hotels over the years, but always was essentially like going to a wedding - a beautiful banquet room, formal dress, either a DJ or a band, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres served during the social hour before dinner on fancy trays by tuxedo-wearing waiters, fancy dinner (like beef wellington and prime rib and some fancy fish as the three choices), wine and champagne at each table, complete with many toasts to all the various projects and teams, lovely desserts. Each employee received a gift (lunch bag, sweatshirt, tee shirt, polo with company logo, and each employee's guest received a smaller gift (keychain with company logo, business card case). There were awards, some serious (employee of the year, perfect attendance) and some silly (most patience with most difficult customer). There were always skits, put on by various departments and teams, sometimes management, the owner of our company ALWAYS got up and sang one particular song, and various other talent, "stupid human tricks" (like on Dave Letterman), and singing and dancing ensued after a few glasses of wine. It was classy and fun. After the party closed out at midnight, there was always a "party suite" rented for the late-night folks (usually the younger set, of which I at that time was a member), and more drinking and socializing until the wee hours. The company covered parking, hotel room, and brunch for everyone. This removed all concerns over anyone driving intoxicated, etc. Surprisingly many people chose not to stay overnight (family obligations, etc.), so the cost for the hotel wasn't too astronomical, and the hotels often ran specials at the holiday times. I'm sure they paid a pretty penny for the meal and all, but wow, we employees loved the party, looked forward to it, wouldn't dream of missing it, and felt ultra-pampered and appreciated. Granted, this was not in the banking field, but just for reference... you could perhaps take pieces of that extravaganza for your employee or Director's party, for ideas.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3